Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

3360 results found

1. Allow secondary/alternate emails for members

Current features:
    Each contact/member (company or individual) can only have one email that is used to receive messages.

Desired features:
    Allow contacts/member to have multiple emails that can be used to receive emails.

485 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

211 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Team Husky responded

Sorry for the late update.

The first step was finished and emails can now be carbon copied to contact’s alternative emails. To do so the contact fields which store the alternative emails must be explicitly marked on the email setting page.

Unsubscribing will unsubscribe all alternative emails simultaneously because they all belong to the very same account. The person clicking “unsubscribe” is warned about this on the unsubscribe page.

For now we paused the development of this feature. but not for good. :) So I’m changing this wish status back to “collecting comments”.

Thank you everyone for a valuable feedback.

2. Online Forms

Incorporate form design and submission functionality. This would help clubs automate some administrative processes.

377 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Fast registration or Simplify buying registrations to multiple events or multiple registrations in one event

At the moment, it is not possible to register for multiple events at the same time, or link to the next event after registering for one event on Wild Apricot. This functionality would have been extremely helpful for a recent conference for Children's Hospital that we set up through you...would it be possible to add this feature?

(Malcolm de C) I represent two organisations where the ability to register for multiple events in a single visit would encourage more to registrations and reduce the burden on central administrators who are often asked to register for multiple events on behalf of…

368 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

175 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I merged another very similar thread into this one, they should be solved together – the registration to multiple events should be simple and fast if possible. There are a number of suggestions in comments on how to achieve this.

4. Ability to donate during membership application/renewal or event registration

Current features:
    Visitors/members are not prompted to make donation while they are performing other payments (e.g. membership renewals, event registrations,etc)

Desired features:
    Admins have the ability to enable donations to be made during event registrations, membership applications/renewals or other payments.

359 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Recurring events: separate registrations for each occurrence (e.g. monthly board meetings)

Original recurring events request was to complex for us to resolve in a single release, so we decided to focus it on a simple scenario where event can have multiple sessions, but event registration is one and for all - like courses. See http://forums.wildapricot.com/forums/308932-wishlist/suggestions/8825581-recurring-events-scenario-1-event-with-multiple for more details on this one.

Another important scenario is when event is actually a recurring series of events, but each occurrence of an event may have a separate registration and updated description of event. Example - monthly board meetings. Event is created in the beginning of year with a monthly recurring schedule, but each occurrence…

310 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

76 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Listserv i.e. ability to submit forum posts by email

Current behavior:
    Discussions and collaborations between members can currently only be handled online (within forum or blog pages)

Desired behavior:
    Listserv functionality where members can mail-in comments and receive email summaries of all comments

Notes:
    1) The biggest challenge is how to enable this without overloading our servers with email traffic. This can ramp up quickly.
    2) We are starting the work on forum email notifications, this handles this need at least partially.

275 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

177 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Members to be able to submit events

Current situation:
    Not supported, only administrators can create events.

Desired:
    Members have the ability to submit simple events which can be approved by administrators.

267 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

147 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Dmitry Smirnov responded

Even though it is not a direct implementation, I hope this could be helpful:

We just launched integration with Integromat platform, which helps to build automated workflows. We also provide several templates for quick start, and one of them allows to copy google calendar events into WA events. So if you share a google calendar for events submission, then the scenario could copy submitted events into your Wild Apricot account.
    You can try this integration by this link https://www.integromat.com/en/integration/2275-copy-google-calendar-into-wild-apricot-events

8. Better, clearer organization of email templates

We'd like to improve the current workflow of creating and using email templates. In this thread we've collected all the comments we've found about email templates and merged related threads. Feel free to add more ideas.

Here are the most common wishes:
    1. Sort templates into folders,
    2. Full display of long filenames,
    3. Sorting and search
    4. Save without quiting

255 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

94 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Custom Administrator Permissions - to define new admin roles and access permissions depending on an organization needs

Currently there are set administrator "roles." If an organization's administrators don't fall neatly into these roles, then they end up with either too many or not enough permissions. It would be nice to be able to customize administrator roles, and determine whether that type of admin has full access, read-only access, or no access to all of the items described in the tables on the Site Administrators help page. I.e. A page to create/edit a role with radio selection to determine access for that role for each feature of the site. This would be immensely helpful for reducing clutter for…

249 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Membership renewal when registering for an event

Hi, we're just into our second year with wild apricot and our members are starting to renew their memberships and register for this season's events. We ran the memberships yearly expiring on Aug 31 2015, so all are expired now. Most people took the hint to renew their membership when registering for an event in 2016, but somehow some paid for just the new events but didn't renew their membership. I have the setting somewhere (can't find it now) that they can register for multiple events and then pay at the end. Is there a setting somewhere I'm missing to…

248 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Provide reporting on member logins

I'd like to have the ability to get more data on recent logins. Currently, the dashboard displays "most active members" but I think a "recently active members" feature is equally if not more useful. I'd also like to be able to see more than just the top 5 results for these categories.

I think this would be beneficial for monitoring campaigns or promotions. Right now we are trying to get members to use the features of our new site or just log in at all, so if we put together a promotional email, for instance, "The top 5 things you…

244 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Installments / Payment plans for events and memberships

Could Wild Apricot users offer their members an introductory trial rate for, say 30 or 7 days, followed by, say quarterly or six-monthly payments to spread the cost over the year?

That is very helpful during a recession, when many WA website users will find revenue dropping as their members cut back. To be able to spread payments looks very attractive to new prospective members: four quarterly payments of $10 is much easier on the budget than one payment of $40.

The introductory trial could be free, or at a pro-rata cost for 30 or 7 days. During the trial…

239 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

176 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Discount coupons for event registrations

I tried implementing the arrangement for coupon codes for events this week.

I'm sorry, but I really don't like the way it currently works.

To explain, I wanted to setup a coupon code in WA for 25% off a registration for any event. To start with, I needed to edit every single event one at a time to do so. Then, when I logged in and practiced going through the process of registering, it showed the 25% off rate as an option. Anyone could see the amount of the coupon, even if they did not know the code and therefore…

235 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

135 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Tracking Continuing Education Points (CEU, CEC, CPD, CPU)

There is currently no special functionality for tracking Continuing Education points/credits in Wild Apricot. It is possible to track these via custom admin-only fields but this requires manual process. We are considering adding this functionality in the future and would appreciate details on how these are typically tracked by our clients.

229 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Ability to schedule follow-up event email to attendees

I would like the ability to be able to schedule a follow-up email to all attendees of an event when the event is built.

We send out a customer satisfaction survey to all overnight/fly trip participants, and it would be great to just pre-load these in the event as we do Reminder emails and other customized event emails so they can go out consistently a few days after the event is over.

Currently there is no way to schedule a customized email to go out automatically AFTER the event is over.

223 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

74 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Mobile App Customizations

Similar to gadgets on the web page, allow organizations to control which content appears on their mobile app such as:

• Event List
    • Forums
    • Polls
    • Member Directory
    • Custom Directories
    • An app module built from a specific web WA web page

Given these options, I could build and customize my organization's mobile app to meet out needs. One organization's app may only contain a member directory. Another organization may only want to show events on their app. Someone else might chose to have all options on their app.

219 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

65 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Customize event registration form for each reg. type

In Events, I'd like to have custom registration forms associated with each registration type instead of one single registration form for the whole event (all types). This would allow me to create more complex event registrations. Example: A three-day conference has two types of registrants (Individual and Professional) at different prices. Each one has an early-bird price as well. In addition, each one can choose to register for one day, two days, or all three days -- all at prorated prices.

To do this today, I have to create separate events for Individuals and Professionals, then customize those event reg.…

214 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

87 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Family/child memberships

We are providing a web site for our cub parents and scouts and scout parents and we find we have say 2 parents and their 2 children as 4 members, but the parents and children share a family address, the younger children do not have their own address nor do mothers or fathers want the children to have gmail addresses or things like that, so allowing multiple members with one email address would be an improvement for us. A username and password of their choosing preferable to one WA generate.

The situation also arrises where parents would like email to…

206 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

70 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Bulk invoice print/email

Would really like the ability to email and/or print all invoices returned by a filter. It's a lot of unnecessary work to have to open each invoice to send it.

201 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

103 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Event Manager without being Event Admin

Prevent Event Admins from editing member data - or allow some events to be configured by non-admin. We want to allow certain members (rotates - different person each year) to be the 'admin' of an event but not give them full access (editing member data, viewing member financial info unrelated to the event). Wish there were a way to allow them to edit and monitor event registrations without being an admin.

194 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

79 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 167 168
  • Don't see your idea?