Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to copy a gadget or a whole layout in new email editor

The new email editor released in v7.6 makes it easier to create good looking layouts with mixtures of gadgets. One thing that makes it difficult to be productive is the inability to copy a gadget or layout with gadgets that has been laboriously configured. If it was possible to duplicate a gadget or a layout with gadgets preconfigured it would be so much easier to build a template. Right now there is a fairly long "rework" of existing templates that really need to be recreated from scratch, and people resist the urge because they think it will take a long…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Email editor, Linking to files and images

The new image gadget is missing the ability to create a new folder. I have to exit the email editor, go to Files, create a Folder, go back to the email. VERY inconvenient.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Give us back our Legacy editor

We REALLY REALLY hate the new manual email editor. Being able to imbed images with the text (and have them flow as we amend text), and access to the underlying HMTL to tweak layouts were ESSENTIAL to our marketing efforts.
    You should at least have left the option to stick with the legacy editor and let us worry about whether the potential downfalls are worth it.

I don't object to having a "beginners" editor available to those who need it, but forcing everyone to live with their limits is pretty paternalistic and, well, silly.

This might be the final straw…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Upcoming Events Gadget in New Email Editor

I just watched the webinar on the new email editor and I'm very excited about it. I can't wait for those editor improvements to get pushed out to other areas of the system. One thing I was really hoping it would have (but it didn't) is a gadget to automatically bring in upcoming events into an email. Almost all of the emails we send to our members are regarding our upcoming events, so it would be nice if I could have a gadget (similar to the "Upcoming Events" gadget in the website editor) that would automatically display upcoming events. The…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Insert Picture Into Text

With the new email update, I was told by Wild Apricot that you can no longer insert pictures into the text. This is an issue especially, for example, if I want to include a signature block and cannot include the company logo below the name, address, etc. I would have to instead include an additional image gadget and line it up just right with the signature block.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Email templates

Please consider adding a search function to the email template page. In addition, it would be amazing if we could organize them into folders.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. BAD IDEA-No text wrapping around graphics in emails

I have just been told that I can no longer insert photos/graphics in an email and have the text wrap around them. This is so incredibly backward. Wrapping text around graphics is a late-nineties capability. By eliminating it, you've taken your capabilities back by over two decades. I am so so so so so so deeply disappointed about this change.
    Feel free to contact me to better understand how unacceptable I think this is.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Email Editor Cancel Button

Within the Email Editor, there is no Cancel button. If a serious error is made when drafting an email (particularly one that has already been saved), there is no way to escape and discard the changes and start again. Almost every other editing module on the site has a Cancel option.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Email Previews do not look like emails in Outlook

Previews do not even look close to what my Outlook email receives sometimes. It would be helpful to have more accurate representation of what is being sent to my clients.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add a "Resend" button to email log to resend email messages

I would like the ability to resend an email message from the email log. For example, to restate what they actually registered for.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. To manually add recipient email addresses to an email that are not in your contacts or contact list

As of now, the only options to add recipients for an email is to click + Contact to add individual contacts or + Contact list to add lists of contacts. It would be nice to be able to manually add recipients email addresses who are not in your contact list. Then have the option to save those new email addresses to your contacts and/or contact list.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Final monitor before email blasts

Is there a way that someone can be setup as an email administrator - meaning give the final OK before emails go out? Mostly interested when events don't use the right groups and end up sending to all our contacts! YIKES. It looks like there is an email administrators button but it is not active for me as the overall administrator. Thanks for any help if this is already something that is available. My email is rohde.sandi@gmail.com I'm with Mid-Day Women's Alliance.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Upcoming Events email template - can select events and automatically populate the template with event details

Upcoming Events email/newsletter template where admins can select a list of (3, 4, whatever) upcoming events - some of the event details (title, date/time, description), including the image, will be AUTOMATICALLY (without cutting and pasting) pulled into the email with a "see more" link to the event page. See attached screenshot for an example. Also, ideally the last item in the list of events could be a static footer-type thing that is a join/renew message.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Editor not showing full file name

in the email editor, I tried to insert a file. It worked OK, except it only showed me a portion of the file names. I had to exit and go to Files to determine which one I wanted.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Format link in email

With the new email editor, I can no longer format links within the text to make them stand out.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Social Media Icons

Is there any way to include social media icons to be linked to social profiles? Is this something that would have to be inserted, one at a time, as separate image gadgets once I download the social media icon images from another site? It would be nice to have this as a gadget, like the website side offers.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Sort templates

Email templates should be searchable, and/or you should be able to sort by date created, date last used, name, etc.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. advance search to isolate contacts from members

Advanced search that isolates contacts that are not members. This does not seem possible.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow admin to remove unused email subscription source

While were setting up email subscriptions for a few groups, we created a subscription source that was never used and is no longer needed. It still shows up in the list of subscription sources available for a contact. I'm concerned that a new admin might assign a person to an incorrect list. It would be very helpful to be able to remove any or all subscription sources.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Search button for saved templates

You should have a search button (You know when you go to Email, Templates?), so that you can just type in the saved name of the template you were working on instead of scrolling through very single duplicate to find the one you were working on.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base