Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Insert Picture Into Text

With the new email update, I was told by Wild Apricot that you can no longer insert pictures into the text. This is an issue especially, for example, if I want to include a signature block and cannot include the company logo below the name, address, etc. I would have to instead include an additional image gadget and line it up just right with the signature block.

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

16 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to copy a gadget or a whole layout in new email editor

The new email editor released in v7.6 makes it easier to create good looking layouts with mixtures of gadgets. One thing that makes it difficult to be productive is the inability to copy a gadget or layout with gadgets that has been laboriously configured. If it was possible to duplicate a gadget or a layout with gadgets preconfigured it would be so much easier to build a template. Right now there is a fairly long "rework" of existing templates that really need to be recreated from scratch, and people resist the urge because they think it will take a long…

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Email Editor Cancel Button

Within the Email Editor, there is no Cancel button. If a serious error is made when drafting an email (particularly one that has already been saved), there is no way to escape and discard the changes and start again. Almost every other editing module on the site has a Cancel option.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Email Template thumbnails

I am really unhappy that you have removed the ability to put thumbnails up for templates. It makes finding the templates so much easier. I don't understand what possible benefit can come from taking away organizational tools.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Change Default Font Size in New Email Editor

In the new editor, have the ability to change default font size and type and retain the setting so it does not revert to the default in each Text gadget created.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Email editor, Linking to files and images

The new image gadget is missing the ability to create a new folder. I have to exit the email editor, go to Files, create a Folder, go back to the email. VERY inconvenient.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bring back the DISCARD email button please

Please bring back the discard email button!!!! During one of the updates the email system was changed and you can no longer discard the email you are working on. Because of this we are ending up with a whack of emails we have to go through and individually delete. This is a pain. The "Save and Exit" feature is great, but sometimes you don't want to save what you started, you just want to discard it without having to go to the effort of going to the Emails page to select the email and delete it. Thank you!!!! :)

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Email templates

Please consider adding a search function to the email template page. In addition, it would be amazing if we could organize them into folders.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Save event email as a template.

I want to be able to save an event email as a template and then use that template to create emails in a new event.

There are two problems:

1. There is no function to save an event email as a template.

2. The "Copy from..." function does not preserve the formatting of the template when it is imported into the event email.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. HTML

1) Bring back the HTML button in the toolbar at the top of the e-mail editor. Having to delete the default text box and add the HTML widget seems pretty lame to me.

2) Bring in the ability to double-click on the e-mail text when you come back to edit an e-mail. Having to go over to the right and click on the button to change the HTML code isn’t very intuitive.

3) Wrap the text in the HTML editor window.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. From Email without Web Hosting

We need the ability to set the "From email" to an email at our own domain without setting Wild Apricot as our website host. We do not want to host our website with WA, we are happy with our current hosting and design. We want WA to be utilized to manage our membership and send out emails. Emails coming from "******@wildapricot.org" are getting flagged as possible phishing emails since our members have not received emails from this address previously.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Filter contacts who have not opened an email in X amount of months

I would like to be able to get a report of who all has not opened an email in a certain amount of time (last month, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, etc). This can help manage and understand who is actively looking at emails.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Hourly increments for Event Reminder email Scheduling

can we have 2 hour and 5 hour before event commencement as options to set scheduled reminder emails.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Insert a slideshow of pictures into an email

I'd love to be able to insert a slideshow of pictures (to show off our gardens to our members) into an email rather than just posting 10 pictures.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Bring HTML Editing Back to Emails

Please bring HTML editing back to email creation, and don't block it from any other parts of site creation. It's so much easier to craft the appropriate look for our emails if I can go into HTML to make adjustments, rather than having to exclusively use your imprecise WYSIWYG editor.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. open in browser

ok, i know it is user error, but dammit.... the process for adding a link to a email newsletter has to change. The number of steps, the huge lifts and confusion of how to attach that link and make it work has got to changes. I mean... 10-11 steps to add a link to an email? you must be able to auto generate or something. This has to change ASAP

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Returned emails should be simple forwards or go to manually selected address (not as .EML)

It would be great if WA did not use the EML attachment for returned emails. Could I suggest either:

1. Enabling a simple forwarding system (rather than EML as attachment) and also having a log of those system emails in Wild Apricot.

OR (better)

1. Allow clients to change the reply-to email address on system emails so that replies and bounces go direct to a nominated admin address instead of the wildapricot.com address.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Folders for email templates - need folders for similar templates

We need the ability to create folders of email templates for ease of reusing the templates. Too much time spent searching for templates already created! Soon Please - Thank You

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. List-Unsubscribe

Some members receive our mail blasts but cannot find them as they automatically go to their spam folder. Using tools like mail-tester.com we are improving what we can in order to reduce the probability of spam classification.

One change that comes recommended is to have a List-Unsubscribe header included in the mail. This is not something we can add, so we're wondering if Wild Apricot could add this header to all mail that already have the {Unsubscribe_Url} macro.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 17 18
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base