Wishlist

Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mobile apps using square to pay online for registrations. Need tutorial and where to begin!

Make the service and ability to pay on line via square using a computer too more obvious on the site. I am new to this, need it, and don't even know where to begin. Need a tutorial explaining it. We want to drop PayPal and move to having payments handled by a bank, not PayPal.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Save Email Drafts Automatically

I would like suggest an auto save feature for email blasts. There have been times our admins have lost their hard work because they did not take the time to save it first themselves or they got logged out. Thank you for your consideration.

2 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Members to update Credit Card details for recurring payments - e.g. expired card

We have a membership(subscription) based business (www.studyleadership.com) utilizing your service. Ninety-five percent of our business is based on recurring credit card payments, so managing credit card numbers and expiration dates becomes a huge chore if we have to do it manually.

Because there is no current interface for our customers to update their credit card information when a payment does not go through, we need to send an email and then get on the phone to gain their credit card info securely. With hundreds of members, this seems to be a very unneeded hassle. It costs us a…

36 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Online payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m glad to announce that we have released this update in v. 5.10.

Any member on recurring level can now update credit card at any time. To prevent recurring payment failures we remind users about credit card expiration 2 weeks before the date (Administrators can customize this email or disable it completely).

Need to note, that updating credit card works only for Stripe, Authorize.Net, Moneris and PayPal PayFlow Pro payment gateways. For payments from PayPal Standard & Express Checkout update credit card and expiration messages are handled by PayPal itself.

We have a bunch of other improvements in 5.10. Check out our release notes! https://help.wildapricot.com/display/DOC/Release+5.10

Oleg, Product designer @ Payments team

• Landscape mode for the Mobile App

I like the app, but it would be nice if it would also turn to landscape on my tablet. My tablet has a keyboard and the app would be much more useful in the landscape view with this device.

9 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Do not mark as 'free' events which involve expenses payable to others

Some events are not free, however we don't want to enter a price, in order to prevent the system from generating an invoice... For example, when members register for a trip to a chocolate factory. They don't owe the Club any money, but still, this is not a free event, they will have to pay for the transportation, visit, lunch,...

Is there a way to either hide ¨Free¨ (because it's not free after all) or prevent the system from generating an invoice if we input a price (because it's not money owed to the Club)?

Many thanks,

Nicole

44 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Do not allow event registrations for members in pending status (e.g. pending new, renewal)

I know we can now create a registration type for an event and set prices and other information based on the Membership level. It would be nice if we could do the same for Membership status (Active, Lapsed, Pending, etc.) as well.

Thank you.

Telly

27 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Non-attendance button

We run a very particular club with strict membership requirements. Due to the nature of our club and restrictions placed upon us by contractual arrangements, we require our members to tell us if they are not coming to events, so we can plan, cater and capture costs accordingly.

At the moment we are trying to achieve this via a non-attendance forum, which our members hate. A 'non-attendance' button (or non-attendance registration that does not generate an invoice) would be fantastic!

12 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Make admin mode stateless e.g. access by direct URL, allow to have several tabs or windows be open simultaneously

For example: For admins, provide a link from each site page to the edit screen for that page. And allow me to bookmark that URL, or share it with other admins.

Likewise, each of the menu items for Admin mode -- i.e., each of the items under Dashboard, Contacts, etc. -- should be reachable via a URL that I can bookmark or share with other admins.

Ideally, every search could be represented with URLs too.

Such changes would make it easier to tolerate the slowness of Admin mode, because I could have multiple browser tabs open -- for Admin and…

17 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Suspend Expired Memberships instead of Archive

Option to set expired memberships to "suspend" instead of "archive" if membership is not renewed in a specific time frame.

26 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Scheduled E-mail Blasts

Current features:
                      Emails need to be sent manually or scheduled with events reminders or membership renewal notifications.

Desired feature:
                      Have the ability to schedule any email to be sent a specific time.

345 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

115 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, dear supporters!
                        We’re happy to announce that the scheduling feature is now ready for your use!
                        In this thread there are several suggestions related to this feature. Some of them are covered in this release, some are not. Let’s jump into it.

What is covered:
                        - Set up an email in advance to go to X list (or single member) on X date at X time

What is partially covered:
                        - Scheduling a blast after an event has occurred
                        Simply schedule a manual email blast to the saved list of an event’s attendees after the day of the meeting
                        - See the schedule of outgoing emails
                        Emails tab (former Drafts) now has a new filter. If you sort the list to view scheduled emails only, then you’ll see them arranged by the delivery date&time. Thus you can check the order of scheduled emails

What is not yet covered:
                        -…

• Accept onsite credit card payments - e.g. using Square Up

We hold an annual conference and accept onsite registrations. Currently, we are able to register attendees onsite in Wild Apricot and then we email them an invoice so they may use a credit card to pay online. We use PayPal for our online payments. We are wondering if we would be able to link our payment system to one of these little “square up” card readers that you use with an iPhone so we can just swipe cards rather than ask people to complete an additional step by paying online.

69 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Online payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Add export in Excel XLS format and/or CSV

Current behavior:
                          Wild Apricot uses XML Spreadsheet format forimport and export. It can be opened in MS Excel 2003 and higher orExcel for Mac 2004 or higher. It also can be opened in some free Officesoftware like StarOffice.

Desired behavior:
                          Using 'old' XLS format instead to be compatible with old version of Microsoft Excel and other spreadsheet software.

1 vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Tracking on-site registrations and actual attendance [1112]

Current behavior:
                            Wild Apricot assumes that mos attendees will be pre-registering online and does not provide any special functionality for on-site registrations and attendance tracking. It is still possible to handle that in the following way:
                            - record on-site registrations and collect payments. Record attendance. (We assume that you will do it on the piece of paper instead of directly into the system, though this is possible as well).
                            - enter all onsite registrations manually via admin backend using 'Add attendee' button. (You might want to add a special registration type 'Onsite' to make reconciliation easier)
                            - add option buttons…

0 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

70 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Sample PHP Application for SSO

Would it be possible to provide some sample code for the SSO? The documentation for this isn't very clear.

6 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Adding recurring events (events with sessions) into my calendar

Event detail view has a serious flaw. When using the "Add to my calendar" for recurring events. Either outlook, or your web module does not work. 2 hour individual events recurring on each wednesday of the week over a period of several months, now show up as events that are no longer on individual days but are spread into a continuous event of several months. Suggest you remove the "Add to my calendar" option.

2 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Membership approval on mobile app

At least on Android, it is not currently possible to approve pending memberships on the mobile app as it is done online.

The only option is to edit the pending member's status, but this does not generate an approval email or even create an expiration date for the membership.

Please add the approval feature to your mobile app, or make it possible to approve members by editing their membership status.

4 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Add a linkable button gadget

A linkable button as a gadget would be very helpful. It is difficult figuring out the html code to embed if you are not already fluent in code. I would honestly put buttons all over my site.

1 vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Gadgets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Totals for Contacts

Loving the new android mobile app. It's great. Something that would make it even greater would be total counts displayed within Contacts -> Saved Searches. We constantly have a need for a quick look at membership numbers. The numbers could be placed and styled similar to how they are displayed for event registrant numbers in the Events section of the app. That's one approach. Alternatively/additionally, a mobile app equivalent of Members -> Summary would also accomplish what we would love to be able to do. Feel free to reach out if you need more info or ideas. Keep up the…

2 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Enable and disable event registrations from mobile app

We are an event-driven organization. Our members would surely benefit from being able to register for events, especially day-of-event.

From an admin perspective, we would like to have admin access to event attendee lists, and ability to modify an event (e.g. turn registration off or on).

0 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Blast email to all members upon creating an event [8073]

Guys do you think you could add a button in the events area that would allow to send an email blast "on the spot" notifying that an event has been created...(I know that people that use rss will know immediately but we have a large number of oldies using email)

This will save us substantial time since right now we have to either:

A) calculate the number of days to the event and set up a reminder for the following day, or

b) publish the event, log out obtain the link, log in again, go to the blast email area,…

7 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base