Wishlist

Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Registrant to view/change his event registrations

Current features:
    Once registered, a person can not change anything (i.e. cancel/edit details) about their registration, this can only be done by the administrator

Desired behavior:
    Registrants should have the ability to view and edit their own event registration(s)

241 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Collecting comments  ·  109 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • RSVP - Simplified event registration

Current behavior:
      Registration requires filling out online registration form.

Desired behavior:
      In some cases this is an overkill and what is desired is Evite-style registration when people can simply click on the link in the event and be done with it.

Notes:
      1) This would only work for people already in the database
      2) This would only apply to free events
      3) If there are multiple registration types - assign one as default? Force people to choose online?
      4) Highly desirable - negative RSVP - when people say they can not attend.

217 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

Work in progress  ·  83 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Fast registration or Simplify buying registrations to multiple events or multiple registrations in one event

At the moment, it is not possible to register for multiple events at the same time, or link to the next event after registering for one event on Wild Apricot. This functionality would have been extremely helpful for a recent conference for Children's Hospital that we set up through you...would it be possible to add this feature?

------
        UPDATE by Apricot Kernel: I decide to add here a good comment from Malcolm de C, it sheds more light into the problem
        ------

(Malcolm de C) I represent two organisations where the ability to register for multiple events in a single…

156 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

106 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Allow members and/or conference registrants to upload file attachments

Our academic society would find it extremely useful if members -- or better yet, conference registrants -- could upload files (e.g., Word docs, PDFs). This would allow presenters at the conference to share papers prior to the conference, potentially enhancing the feedback that they would get from other conference-goers. We would really like to provide this service for our members/conference attendees.

155 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  121 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Members to be able to submit events

Current situation:
            Not supported, only administrators can create events.

Desired:
            Members have the ability to submit simple events which can be approved by administrators.

140 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

114 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Current design suggestion: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1bysAcJFAs9-lVEbNBSyqhT-QSDt6TvTDPz8k2nvaJ3I/pub?start=true&loop=false&delayms=15000

Key Change:
              We’ve extended the ‘Event calendar’ gadget settings by adding a new option ‘Members-driven events’ – allows members to submit their events from the calendar page by using a simple form.

We’ve also included a few features to help you organize and restrict these events. These changes are:

1) Restrict the submitting events option to specific members
              2) Automatically assign tags to these events so you have easily include/exclude them from various calendars
              3) Options to send a confirmation email to the submitter and or administrator
              4) Separate filter in Event list for administrator to show Members events
              5) Members that submit events can access a list of the events they’ve submitted to view, edit and delete them

Excluded for now:

1) No options to submit events with advanced registration options. Only minimal details, like Title, Description, Dates and Location. However an administrator can add…

• Recurring events: separate registrations for each occurrence (e.g. monthly board meetings)

Original recurring events request was to complex for us to resolve in a single release, so we decided to focus it on a simple scenario where event can have multiple sessions, but event registration is one and for all - like courses. See http://forums.wildapricot.com/forums/308932-wishlist/suggestions/8825581-recurring-events-scenario-1-event-with-multiple for more details on this one.

Another important scenario is when event is actually a recurring series of events, but each occurrence of an event may have a separate registration and updated description of event. Example - monthly board meetings. Event is created in the beginning of year with a monthly recurring schedule, but each occurrence…

125 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Dicount coupons for event registrations

I tried implementing the arrangement for coupon codes for events this week.

I'm sorry, but I really don't like the way it currently works.

To explain, I wanted to setup a coupon code in WA for 25% off a registration for any event. To start with, I needed to edit every single event one at a time to do so. Then, when I logged in and practiced going through the process of registering, it showed the 25% off rate as an option. Anyone could see the amount of the coupon, even if they did not know the code and therefore…

96 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  86 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Installments / Payment plans for events and memberships

Could Wild Apricot users offer their members an introductory trial rate for, say 30 or 7 days, followed by, say quarterly or six-monthly payments to spread the cost over the year?

That is very helpful during a recession, when many WA website users will find revenue dropping as their members cut back. To be able to spread payments looks very attractive to new prospective members: four quarterly payments of $10 is much easier on the budget than one payment of $40.

The introductory trial could be free, or at a pro-rata cost for 30 or 7 days. During the trial…

91 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  74 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Limit number of selection for individual registration options

Current behavior:
                    Automatic cap of event registrations is currently set for the whole event only.

Desired behavior:
                    Many people use custom event fields to handle registrations for specific sessions within large events. What's needed is the ability to specify for each option in such fields that it should be limited to certain number of people. Once the limit is reached, option should become unavailable.
                    An example:
                    Which extra sessions you want to attend?
                    [] Golf $150 - Max 30
                    [] strip club $100 - <No Max>
                    [] History museum $20 - Max 50

83 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  58 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Mandatory payment for event registration: complete a registration only when a payment is received

I have two sites that I have just created and thought before hand (Prior to last update) that I tried the registration process. I recall being able to turn off manual or offline payments which in turn would only complete event registrations only if an online payment was received.

Now that I have built these two sites and see that "invoices" are being created and people are regsitering without paying online, it is creating a major problem and adding a tremendous burden on our businesses in multiple ways.

1. A bunch of our events have limited registration so when people…

82 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  38 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Registering families for events

I've really had to finagle the system to make it possible for us to have an event to which children are likely to attend with their parents. At present, we have the ability to have guest registrations at a different rate, or guest registrations at the same rate, or the ability to have everyone register separately. What's needed is to have the cardholder be able to register everyone according to whatever rate they should get. For example:

Adult at 10, Children at 5. Right now the system can handle two adults, or two children being registered at once. The system…

78 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  32 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Maps for venue location

At the event page, in the Location field where the address is added to the venue., recommend it converts address to a hyperlink Would be easier to click on this address and get a Google map or driving directions to the venue location.

70 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  16 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Customize event registration form for each reg. type

In Events, I'd like to have custom registration forms associated with each registration type instead of one single registration form for the whole event (all types). This would allow me to create more complex event registrations. Example: A three-day conference has two types of registrants (Individual and Professional) at different prices. Each one has an early-bird price as well. In addition, each one can choose to register for one day, two days, or all three days -- all at prorated prices.

To do this today, I have to create separate events for Individuals and Professionals, then customize those event reg.…

68 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  44 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Preparing event participant badges

Current behavior:
                              To print event participant badges, attendee list has to be exported into Excel and something like Microsoft Word mail merge used. This provides a lot of flexibility but obviously is less convenient than a built-in badge generator

Desired behavior:
                              Built-in functionality to define badge layouts and to print out badges in common label sizes right from the system

Notes:
                              We would appreciate feedback about desired label formats (sizes) and customization needs for badge layouts/design

68 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  31 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Archive events

Be able to archive events so they no longer show in the event list and do not delete any invoices. But still be able to access them in a search. Kind of like archiving members.

67 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  24 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • event payment reminders

Have the ability for an Event Payment Reminder to only be sent to those with a balance due rather than all attendees.

63 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  3 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Enhance Event Module for more complex events like conference & convention set up - e.g. events with sub-events

to allow admin to add more detail rather than the only area being the description box. Similar to Systems like yourmembership.com Wild apricot is not sophisticated enough to handle complex details for events. Need more ability to add things like hotel information, speaker headshots, bio's, exhibitor lists, exhibitor floor plans, conference sessions, tiered registration options for attendees, guest, sponsors, exhibitors. An event page needs to be eye catching, easy for people to register and the ability to market all your event has to offer in order to get people to register.

63 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  18 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Ability to schedule follow-up event email to attendees

I would like the ability to be able to schedule a follow-up email to all attendees of an event when the event is built.

We send out a customer satisfaction survey to all overnight/fly trip participants, and it would be great to just pre-load these in the event as we do Reminder emails and other customized event emails so they can go out consistently a few days after the event is over.

Currently there is no way to schedule a customized email to go out automatically AFTER the event is over.

55 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  20 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Automatically add a waitlisted person upon someone's cancellation

(Capture from other feedback source) Waitlist feature only half helpful....needs further automation to automatically add a waitlisted person upon someone's cancellation AND then automatically send out confirming email to the new person.

53 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  11 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Color-format events based on event tags

I'd like to be able to have just one calendar, with different event tags displayed differently, like in a different color or style or size. Currently I'm using two different calendars, which is a bit awkward. What do you think?

45 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 20 21
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7