Wishlist

Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Generating membership cards and certificates

Current behavior:
    Membership certificates/cards can be produced by running a search, exporting records and using something like MS Word mail merge

Desired behavior:
    Ability to directly setup in the system layout and fields for membership certificates/cards and then to print them using common label formats.

Notes:

Details about specific desired formats/layouts/label sizes would be appreciated.

347 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

153 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks to all who commented here and participated in our UX test. We analyzed all comments and feedback and started development of this feature.
      This thread contains a lot of comments and requests and changes look pretty huge, so we decided to ‘eat the elephant’ bit by bit.
      The first step will be implementing membership cards for new / renewed members. Administrators can create the card and publish it in the member profile automatically so that members could download and print it.

• Mapping location of members

For trade associations, it would be great for companies to be able to indicate where they are located, so everyone can search for local companies.

then to sort and map companies by their indicated locations, would be phenomenal.

243 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

Work in progress  ·  91 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Revising bundle membership functionality

About a year ago we have created functionality which was originally called 'Group membership' and later has been renamed into 'Bundle membership' (See http://help.wildapricot.com/display/DOC/Membership+bundles ). Our goal behind this functionality was to make it easy to deal with multi-person memberships (typically sold as a package, a 'bundle'):
        * corporate membership
        * sports team
        * family/household

In a nutshell, for a given membership level you specify that it is a 'Bundle' (limited to NN members per bundle or unlimited). Person applying for membership becomes administrator and can later add members to his bundle at no additional charge.

It sounds like this…

154 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  102 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Provide reporting on member logins

I'd like to have the ability to get more data on recent logins. Currently, the dashboard displays "most active members" but I think a "recently active members" feature is equally if not more useful. I'd also like to be able to see more than just the top 5 results for these categories.

I think this would be beneficial for monitoring campaigns or promotions. Right now we are trying to get members to use the features of our new site or just log in at all, so if we put together a promotional email, for instance, "The top 5 things you…

146 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  45 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Membership renewal when registering for an event

Hi, we're just into our second year with wild apricot and our members are starting to renew their memberships and register for this season's events. We ran the memberships yearly expiring on Aug 31 2015, so all are expired now. Most people took the hint to renew their membership when registering for an event in 2016, but somehow some paid for just the new events but didn't renew their membership. I have the setting somewhere (can't find it now) that they can register for multiple events and then pay at the end. Is there a setting somewhere I'm missing to…

131 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  33 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Membership Trends Reporting

Retaining your membership is important to your organization. While Wild Apricot gives you the ability to do automatic renewals and send out reminders for non-automatic renewals, some have suggested that it would be handy to be able to report on this.

Suggested
              Create the ability for administrators to be able to run reports on renewal rates for members.

The important thing for this is that we identify what information should be in the reports. At first blush, I can imagine:
              * In a year, how many renewals were done before the renewal date, on the renewal date, and then certain…

103 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  37 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Family/child memberships

We are providing a web site for our cub parents and scouts and scout parents and we find we have say 2 parents and their 2 children as 4 members, but the parents and children share a family address, the younger children do not have their own address nor do mothers or fathers want the children to have gmail addresses or things like that, so allowing multiple members with one email address would be an improvement for us. A username and password of their choosing preferable to one WA generate.

The situation also arrises where parents would like email to…

98 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  40 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Provide a way to change membership level during renewal

Current Behaviour

During membership renewal a member may have more than one membership level available. Choosing among them is cumbersome. The member clicks one button to renew at his current level or clicks another button to choose a different level.

Also, changing the membership level doesn’t act like a renewal as regards calculation of the Renewal Due date. Desired Behaviour

Use one button for both functions. If multiple membership levels are available, show “Renew and choose membership level” on the “Renew until …” button. This would give the member a choice that looks like that on the membership application form.

60 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  43 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Automatically change a "Lapsed" membership status to "Active" when we record a membership payment on a member's record.

We had some "Lapsed" members that paid their dues. The Wild Apricot system did not automatically change their membership status to "Active" when the payment was recorded. There is no place on the invoice screen that shows the members status when we manually record payments. It creates an extra step to go back to the members record to make sure it is changed to "Active"

59 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  1 comment  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Free trial period for membership

I would like to offer a free trial access period for all payment levels. Rather like Wild Apricot does, but not necessarily for 30 days. Paypal offer this delayed action payment and it works very well. You can choose how long the free trial period is, and then the payment automatically kicks in.

Asking people for money upfront puts a lot of people off.

56 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Late Fees on Renewals

Currently:
                        Memberships that renew have a renewal date associated with them. If the member has not initiated the renewal after the date, automatic actions can take place, such as changing the membership status, etc. Actions can progress over days: for example at 7 days the membership might change status to Pending Renewal, and at 14 days be archived.

Proprosed:
                        Along with these changes, a "overdue fee" could be added as an extra cost fee. Depending on how much time has passed since the registration date, the admin could choose to apply this charge as a flat amount. For example, if…

51 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  31 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Zip code or address radius search for member directory

I am currently evaluating Wild Apricot for use with a specific database and I would like to be able for public visitors to use the Advanced search to look for:

Members "within" "x" miles of "zip code" or "address"

This feature would allow visitors to find people near their location and not just in a specific zip code. It's better to put in the address and find closest locations because it's more specific than the zip code. I think this feature would greatly enhance the ability for people to use this software for other databases. Like for me, I do…

46 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  24 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Tracking lapsed members who reactivate

We would like to track our members history more accurately. Right now, if they lapse and then sign up again a year or two later they are shown as having continuous membership since their original date of sign up.

46 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  2 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Customization of Member profile page

What do you think of moving the placeholder (or give us the option to do this) for the personal photo and/or company logo fields to the upper right hand corner of the member profile display page. Look like the page has a nice blank space there (see attached) that would be perfect home for these images. That way, you have the name and photo at the top of the member profile.

While on that subject, do we have the ability to modify the font size for the member display list?

Overall. you program is outstanding. I am very impressed with…

43 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  30 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Change setup of recurring payment for membership levels - Allow member to choose if he wants to pay recurring or not

For membership fees, recurrent credit card billing (ie., auto-renewal) doesn't work the way it does in every other subscription management system. Instead of having two payment options on the membership form (or in my case, since I have five membership levels, TEN payment options), the member should select a level and then be provided an option at the next step (like the manual payment versus online election) that allows the person to select recurrent auto billing. The way you have it set up, its basically unusable (IMHO)

41 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  27 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Member to member messages

Current behavior:
                                  Currently one member can contact another only outside of the system - and only if that member has disclosed his contact information (email/phone)

Desired behavior:
                                  Members should be able to contact other members right on the site, without having to expose email addresses

Notes:
                                  Messages can be forwarded to member emails - or displayed to each member when logged in.

41 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  31 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Printable and Downloadable Custom Reports e.g. Member Directory

Please make the custom report layout feature printable. This would work well for printable directories, group information, etc.

Our group is trying to make a directory in a PDF format that is searchable and may be printed by those who prefer print.

39 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  22 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Purchase of concurrent subscriptions e.g. have members on multiple levels

Create an option to allow a member to maintain two or more concurrent subscriptions for a paticular site. This is useful if you running a site and selling a subscriptions for information.

An exmaple of this is that I run a site that sells repair information. A customer signs up and then can choose to signup for Automotive Repair for $50 or Airplane Repair for $100 or both for $150. We need to keep the infromation and forums seperate and only limited to the actual subscribers.

My understanding that we can only have levels of a paticular membership, not concurrent…

37 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

For me personally, this a great suggestion and I’ve been thinking about it for long time myself. Ideally, I’d really like completely redesign our membership levels to concurrent subscriptions model. Subscription gives you access to some information or provide privileges. There can be multiple ways of buying it – e.g. for a year or two, recurring or not, etc. Altogether, subscription-based model is very robust and easy to understand. Please, vote!

• Dramatically simplify membership renewal process for members

This is a request to improve the process for members to renew memberships. Non-Profit organizations depend on memberships and membership renewals for continued funding and advocacy. As a result it’s necessary to repeatedly lobby members to renew, so it’s critical for membership renewals to be a convenient one click process to get to the Pay-Pal screen. Sending members to the home page and requiring a login and password in order to renew membership is inconvenient and cumbersome. We have two requests for improving the process:

1. A direct link to the “membership renewal page”, bypassing the password requirement (the way…

34 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  30 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Notify admin about new members

It would be great to have a notice (to the admins) that is in your face when you login and there is a new member. Maybe there is a way to do this and I missed it. Either way, I have to be diligent about checking if there are new members when a pop-up or something at the top of the page that stands out would be better. :) Thanks for listening!

33 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  5 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base