Wishlist

Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Online store

Current features:
    Items can only be sold if they are part of a membership application, event registration, manual invoice or donation.

Desired features:
    Create a store of items that can be purchased individually or collectively (e.g. shopping cart)

228 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

144 comments  ·  Online payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Allow multiple online payment gateways in one WA account

(Re-posted and edited from post below)

We have 2 organizations, one that manages the membership and the other our tax-deductible contributions. As such we have 2 different bank accounts and therefore need 2 different payment gateways. We're signed up with authorize.net, however there's only one global setting in WA for online payments. If it were possible to choose a payment method, for instance one for membership and another for donations, that solve the problem of having to set up 2 WA accounts.

For now I've set up 2 accounts and am working with the widgets. This is a good work-around,…

58 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  39 comments  ·  Online payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Pull member address and phone number when making credit card payment

After a member has already logged in (as well as for us on the backend) and one FINALLY (can we please shorten the number of steps to get there!) gets to the credit card screen the member address and phone number needs to be manually entered - seems like a big waste of time as WA already has that information. Could the credit card payment screen be pre-populated with that information which is necessary for the cc to process? Of course the person could always change it prior to hitting the submit button.

30 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  11 comments  ·  Online payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Please allow the acceptance of eChecks / ACH payments

We have authorize.net as our payment gateway, which does allow for the acceptance of eChecks, only your forms are not enabled for that type of payment. Please enhance your payment types to include the acceptance of eChecks through authorize.net! Thank you!

26 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  22 comments  ·  Online payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • credit card fees to be paid by members

Our members love being able to pay their membership dues by credit card. However, our biggest gripe with the payment systems that apricot supports is that there doesn't appear to be a way to give the credit card processing fee to the member, rather than our company. Since our membership costs are very high ($36,750), these small (~ 3.5%) fees really cost us a lot of money ($1,286.25), and it would be very helpful if we could pass these fees back on to the member.

For example, if there was a way to allow members to manually enter in the…

22 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Online payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • QuickBooks Intuit Merchant Services

Our organization would also like to use Quickbooks/Intuit Merchant Services. We are very unhappy with PayPal especially when processing corporate credit cards. It appears that Google Checkout requires individuals to have a Google account which some of our members object to.

Since you have an interface with Quickbooks, why not add its Merchant Services processing.

Thank you.

17 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  8 comments  ·  Online payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Ability to accept partial payments via credit card

Ability to accept partial payments via "credit card charge" for invoices

14 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Online payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Ability to embed Google Adwords Code to track advertising effectiveness

Google AdWords has a great function that allows you to set up a variety of codes that track "actions".

I am trying to use AdWords to get people to sign up for our annual conference and to join the organization. Both actions require a credit card transaction to be considered a "success".

I understand that I cannot put google code on the shopping cart -- (because WA controls those pages) but I must have some means of tracking the effectiveness of our advertising dollars.

Can you please add a page that I can use that appears right after the point…

12 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  6 comments  ·  Online payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Separate fields for first, last and middle initial - for credit card processing systems

Currently the field just says "Cardholder Name" and many people have a middle initial on their card. When they enter all 3 things (first, middle, last) the cc processor is automatically putting the middle initial in the last name field. Which means I can't search by last name.

9 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  3 comments  ·  Online payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Dwolla payment processor [13232]

Can WA check out "Dwolla" as a possible payment provider? At $0.25 flat fee per transaction, having them as an option for payment processing instead of the other percentage-based processors would be very helpful for us, and I'm sure for other cash-strapped nonprofits using your platform.

Thanks!

9 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  4 comments  ·  Online payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Auto-populate address fields when charging a CC

We've recently upgraded to PayPal Pro so we can charge CCs through Wild Apricot. The problem right now is that it needs the address entered when entering the card info.

At an event, I'd like to be able to get the card info (via old-fashioned knucklebuster imprint) and then manually run the card later. But as it is, I also have to get the full address when I get the card info, and it's going to slow walk-in registration considerably.

If the system could auto-populate the registrant's address in the fields when I go to charge the card, it would…

9 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  8 comments  ·  Online payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Gocardless system for UK to take Direct Debit

https://gocardless.com/

We were contacted by Gocardless UK payment provider, they asked if we can support their system for Wild Apricot, as they already work with several other membership software packages.

We've looked into their development specifications https://developer.gocardless.com/#introduction and we can theoretically develop support for this system, but we're not sure if this is the best candidate so far. For example, we are looking into direction of eWay (http://forums.wildapricot.com/forums/308932-wishlist/suggestions/8827633-e-way-integration-for-recurring-payments-in-aus-n ) and Stripe (http://forums.wildapricot.com/forums/308932-wishlist/suggestions/8827591-stripe-credit-card-processor-integration-16645 )

I created this topic to collect comments from our customers on Gocardless. Please, feel free to post here if you think this is important system…

9 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  10 comments  ·  Online payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Add Option of Recurring Payments for Events

I work with an organization that holds an annual conference with a cost of ~$400.

To make it more affordable to some of the members, they have an option to do multi-pays/recurring payments.

The organization currently has a problem of multiple databases (one for purchases, one for membership, one for forums, one for email blasts, one for the conference), and was really looking forward to consolidating under Wild Apricot.

To my surprise, recurring payments only apply to membership.

Is there another option that I have missed? We use Authorize.net, and do have CIM.

8 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  9 comments  ·  Online payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Provide option to turn off Stripe email receipts

We're using Stripe for payments. When a member pays, they get two redundant email receipts, one from Wild Apricot and another from Stripe. I would like you to provide an option to disable the Stripe email receipts, because 1) they are redundant and noisy, 2) they can't be customized like WA email receipts, and 3) they can't be turned off from with Stripe.

I've not tested any of the other payment systems, but I think it would be good to provide this option, in general, so all of the email confirmations can be controlled from with Wild Apricot.

8 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Online payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have started working on this issue. We will stop forcing sending Stripe receipts when charging customer. However, you will be able to turn them on in Stripe settings (Email receips section) or use native Wild Apricot receipts instead.
                                I’ll keep you posted on progress here.

Oleg, Product designer @ Payments team

• support P2P (person to person) online payment processing

Our members are interested in making payments for club events using no-fee P2P (person to person) payment apps such as Google Wallet, Apple Pay or Venmo. This is especially useful for our mobile users.

6 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Online payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Enhanced Recurring Payments for PayPal Payments Standard

I believe that Enhanced Recurring Payments for PayPal Payments Standard is a fairly new service. It allows recurring payments to be made with a credit card instead of just a PayPal account. In the past PayPal PayFlow Pro with Recurring Billing was the only option for paying recurring payments with a credit card.

Here is a link to information about the service on the PayPal website: https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?&cmd=_render-content&content_ID=merchant/erp_overview

Does anyone know if Wild Apricot supports Enhanced Recurring Payments for PayPal Payments Standard? I know they support Recurring Payments for PayPal Standard, however that option requires users to create and use a…

6 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  2 comments  ·  Online payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Payment Module

Payment module just like the Donations Module. Copy the Donations Module and call the copy the Payment module. Members have to pay us sometimes so I tell them to use the Donation module and I will reapply the payment. An example, last week a member added a guest to her already paid $30 event registration. So we had an updated invoice that added $30 for the guest, displayed the invoice for $60, displayed that $30 had been paid and the balance due was $30. Perfect.
                                    But when the member tried to pay it to WA, PayPal blocked it and said…

6 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  6 comments  ·  Online payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Support for South African payment gateways (PayAll, SagePay, PayFast, PayU etc.)

Hi there,

We would appreciate it if you could support a South African payment gateway natively. While 2checkout allows credit card payments in ZAR, it does not allow for Electronic Fund Transfer payments, which all the local payment gateways do. For recurring payments, some of the local gateways also allow for debit orders, which we also need.

At the moment, we are planning to integrate into PayAll (which has discounts for NGOs) using the WA API - but this is a bit of a hack and it would be useful to have WA support one or more local payment gateways…

6 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  3 comments  ·  Online payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Show if member ticked the 'Invoice me' box

Sometimes a registration is not paid for online due to a technical issue with PayPal or they have changed their mind and abandoned the registration. Sometimes it's because the person ticked the 'Invoice me' box but there is no way to know this. Please add the 'Invoice me' field to the registration information that can be exported in a report so we can service our customers appropriately.

6 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Online payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Add Amazon Payment processor option

Amazon is now offering free payment service to their accounts. Since our org is already an active Amazon Associate, the payment plan would be a perfect fit. It would be great if WA would support the Amazon protocol like Google or Paypal. An Amazon Payment button and corresponding widget might solve a multitude of costly problems.

5 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  1 comment  ·  Online payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base