Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Fast registration or Simplify buying registrations to multiple events or multiple registrations in one event

At the moment, it is not possible to register for multiple events at the same time, or link to the next event after registering for one event on Wild Apricot. This functionality would have been extremely helpful for a recent conference for Children's Hospital that we set up through you...would it be possible to add this feature?

------
UPDATE by Apricot Kernel: I decide to add here a good comment from Malcolm de C, it sheds more light into the problem
------

(Malcolm de C) I represent two organisations where the ability to register for multiple events in a single visit *would encourage more to registrations and reduce the burden on central administrators* who are often asked to register for multiple events on behalf of members.

Perhaps from the List view of upcoming events it might be possible to add a check box to the dialogue box displaying the summary of the event. If there is then a general registration button that looks for all 'checked events' could it be possible to take the user through all 'checked' registrations. The problem, I believe, is always having to find your way back to the event list following each registration - not easy for everyone!

285 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

janagimenez shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

148 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Lawrie Anness commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, would like to see an option for a "Bundle" registration, which showed how many persons were included.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This needs to be fixed. I recently switched to WA. At this time in our registration process in previous years we would have had many registrations for pre-/post-conference workshops. None this year, presumable because people do not like having to register multiple times rather than just adding additional items to their cart.

• Karen Gottlieb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We run an annual 3-day conference with an optional FREE pre-conference workshop day. Currently, we have to set this up as 2 separate events to be able to run registration reports. It would be great to have the ability within an event to add tickets for receptions, workshops, etc. that are free, and to be able to run reports on headcounts for each ticketed item. We need to know numbers for room capacity and food/beverage guarantees but the only way to have a free item is to set it up as a custom yes/no field in the events module - and that does not allow multiple tickets (i.e. for a speaker who is also bringing his/her spouse to a free evening reception).

• Jenn Etheridge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is a huge issue that I am currently having, and I can't believe it isn't something that is already fixed -- I have an event with a family pass, plus an add-on adult ticket option. I need people to be able to buy the family pass plus multiple add-on adults tickets and it is incredibly clunky right now!

• Liz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We still need a way to register multiple people with multiple different ticket types on the same order. The "guest" registration options are insufficient.

• cherie@mbmca.org commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Invoice for events should be able to include multiple Registration types on 1 Invoice, not 4 separate Invoices.

• Amanda Sage commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nudge. Nudge. Nudge. We're getting more people registering for our events each week (which is great!) but with more people comes more issues with this.

• Richard Graeter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Event registration is clunky and inflexible. Typically, a single member is registering and paying for all family members. The current set up requires a registrant to add guests in addition to themselves. This confuses many of our (older) members. They add a guest, which then shows “1 Guest” which they mistake to think that they only registered for one person. A better solution would be to simply allow a member to register for the total number of tickets they wish to purchase, including themselves, on one line.

Another issue is that many of our family events have a lower price for kids. We need a registration form that lets a single member register for multiple adults at one price, then one or more kids at a lower price. The current system allows registration for multiple guests a special guest price, but only one person at the regular price. This requires a member to log in and register more than once to pay for both mom and dad, which is a major pain point.

• Tara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think you could customize the Registration Form by adding a "Multiple choice with extra charge" field to accomplish this.

• Linda Nease commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On the Event registrations, I would like to request that a person be allowed to pick more than one category at a time, or make it so there is an "add-on" category. We have an optional institute available each year for the day before the conference. But those same people are required to register for the actual conference also. This year we are having them go in and register twice - once for the conference and once for the "add-on" day. Would be nice if they could do it all at once.

• Amanda Sage commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There isn't much I can add that hasn't been said here already, other than this is a really big deal to our members and we're constantly asked about this.

• Samuel Stevenson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Like @Dominica, I am also in the position of being an administrator for a board of directors that is leaning towards leaving WA because this function still hasn't been added. I keep insisting that there is a lot of support behind adding this functionality, but my promises are beginning to wear thin.

It's surprising to me, because it would seem that the organizations most likely to be hosting large conferences containing multiple workshops are also the customers that WA would want to retain most.

Can we please get a sense of the timeline for this functionality or see that it has been added to the roadmap?

• Stephen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very much looking forward to this update... it just took a volunteer two hours to register 55 people for a WEEKLY event (we are embarrassed to ask every member to register themselves every week). Tomorrow morning we will spend another 30mins marking who actually attended.

The sooner our members can register for multiple events and/ or register for one event with multiple sessions that tracks attendance for each session, the better.

We really don't want to lose too much goodwill from out volunteers, if possible!

THANK YOU for your prompt attention.

• Dominica Larkin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on Wild Apricot - this has been on the list for years and I am losing members because of this issue!!! This is so serious that my board wants to leave Wild Apricot completely.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need a way that registrants can go back in their profile and add events to their bill. Currently I have to do that for them and it is taking precious office time to do something they should be able to do themselves

• Nikky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please! We would like to offer people the opportunity to EITHER register for our full conference OR for part(s) of it - as many separate different parts as they wish.

• socaljcpsc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes - this would be extremely important for us to have on our page as well. It is much easier to see that one person purchased 2 or more tickets rather than them having to re-register each time!!!

Thank you for working on this and we hope the format can be updated!!!!

• Jas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We sell tickets to a public fundraising concert in three categories: Adult, Child and Family. Currently they can only select one of these categories, so if a person wants to buy 1 Adult tickets and 1 Child they need to go to a second page to "add on" the child. This is not as seamless as the procedure we used with another site for the last 2 years, so it is not very convenient for our customers who are external to our current membership. We hope WA will consider making a change to this format

• Liz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here are some scenarios in which variable ticket pricing is needed for additional registrants (aka "guests" of the main registrant) :
        A) A member registering another member and a guest, when members and guests have different rates.
        B) Main registrant registering people in a group for different ticket types that should have different prices such as:
        a. Senior, Adult, Child, Military, etc.
        b. Weekend Pass, Saturday Pass, Sunday Pass, etc.
        C) An employer or group manager registering others for an event (especially if they themselves are not attending). If they’re registering a group of 15, it’s incredibly cumbersome that they would have to start the registration process over each time to get the appropriate ticket types for each individual, and make 15 payments.

Here’s the ideal workflow I would propose:
        1. The first ticket type selection screen would allow the main registrant to add additional registrants on the same page (if “guests” aka additional registrants have been set to allowed by the admins). For example, it would ask the main registrant to select their ticket type (if any) and on the same page allow them to add additional registrants and select the ticket type for each.
        2. Ticket types would still need to be protected if they’re restricted to certain member levels or groups. This could be accomplished by offering an email address input for each additional registrant to unlock and display the members-only options (otherwise only the public options will be displayed for additional registrants). Although this should really be an Admin option when setting up the ticket types, e.g. allow registrants to register others with this ticket type vs. verify each additional registrant for this ticket type.
        3. On the next screen, it would then display the main registrant’s info at the top, and the fields for all additional registrants below (depending on how many they added in the previous step). Each entry would display the ticket type and cost for that individual.
        4. Also, the ticket type selection for “guests”/additional registrants should be completely independent of the admin setting for how much information is collected about the guests (i.e. # of guests only, contact info, or full registration form).

If that is too much of an overhaul to accomplish, the next best solution would be that the main registrant clicks “Add guest” (or preferably “Add registrant” or other custom text) and it takes them back to the ticket type selection screen. This could be an option under “Guest pricing” on the admin side of setting up the ticket type, e.g.:
        - Base price
        - Special guest price
        - Allow ticket type selection
        Again, there would need to be verification that the “guest” aka additional registrant is eligible for the selected ticket type, or an option to allow that the main registrant can register others for that ticket type if they themselves qualify for it.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base