Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Fast registration or Simplify buying registrations to multiple events or multiple registrations in one event

At the moment, it is not possible to register for multiple events at the same time, or link to the next event after registering for one event on Wild Apricot. This functionality would have been extremely helpful for a recent conference for Children's Hospital that we set up through you...would it be possible to add this feature?

------
UPDATE by Apricot Kernel: I decide to add here a good comment from Malcolm de C, it sheds more light into the problem
------

(Malcolm de C) I represent two organisations where the ability to register for multiple events in a single visit *would encourage more to registrations and reduce the burden on central administrators* who are often asked to register for multiple events on behalf of members.

Perhaps from the List view of upcoming events it might be possible to add a check box to the dialogue box displaying the summary of the event. If there is then a general registration button that looks for all 'checked events' could it be possible to take the user through all 'checked' registrations. The problem, I believe, is always having to find your way back to the event list following each registration - not easy for everyone!

184 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

janagimenezjanagimenez shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

107 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JanJan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our members have asked us for the ability to register at one time, more than one of their employees to attend more than one seminar so they can pay for it one transaction. For example practice managers are often asked to register all of their veterinarians to attend one or more seminars and pay for it all in one credit card transaction. It is important however that a non-member not be allowed to register at the member rate because the person registering them is a member and vice versa. It is also important that each registrant receive their own updates and notices about the event and not just the person who is registering them.

• Nancy HubbardNancy Hubbard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Offer "Invoice Me" option for Online only payments so members can register for multiple events and make one payment and easily use credits to pay invoices. Remove the "or pay offline" message.

• BonnieBonnie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need for each separate event name and fee to show up on our merchant processor daily settlement report if they are going to lump sum multiple event registrations together to pay at one time. It would be extremely time intensive for us to split each lump sum. We use accounting codes that are event specific.

• Dale KDale K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our organization is wanting to allow a person to register for multiple events and if they register for a full years worth of events, then they get a discounted rate for the year. Ease of registering for multiple events and ability to pay a single discounted amount is what we need.

• Steve HorsfallSteve Horsfall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a new account I would support the changes proposed here as this would solve a big problem for my small group.

• Barbara BachBarbara Bach commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need to be able to allow members to register more than one person at more than one cost for a single event. This allows us to provide volume discount incentives, as well as for a single payment for various categories.

• phblaneyphblaney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We ned to have multiple registration types and allow the member register for more than one at the same time.

We are a sailing club and run sailing courses for our members children for which there are 6 different courses. Many parents have more than 1 child on the programme, but each one doing a different course (which differ as to duration, dates and price).

We also have regattas, race meetings, and there are upwards of 6 different sailboat classes participating. We are a family club and quite often a parenht will want to enter their own sailboat and also a different class of sailboat for their child, so this same problem surfaces.

At the moment the only solution is to register more than once - which is enough to prevent the member using the online registration facility - so preventing us use the functionality of wild apricot as we intended.

• tanyaFtanyaF commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature. We currently have an event and want to allow one registration (the actual member, it's a Mom's group) who purchases a ticket, adds a adult guest (usually husband- same ticket cost). But children are FREE. We still want to be able to count the children (for food count, etc), but don't want to have ask them to go in and register yet again. Talked to support and they suggested making the kids 'guests' and requiring them to go in and register again for the adult. Too many steps. Registration type for guests would solve this problem. Might have to go back to Eventbrite for our events unless this is changed asap.

• TeriTeri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please add an option so a family can have multiple choices. 1 adult attending & 2 children or 2 adults and X children. Hope this feature is added.

• J. DevittJ. Devitt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently, to register multiple individuals for our conference, you have to repeat the info for each participant and pay separately. If we choose the "only collect the number" it will allow us to pay in lump sum for the number of participants, but it does not capture the name and other info for each individual participant. Is there a way to make this work so that we can capture the info and pay in a lump sum?

• David LewisDavid Lewis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a new customer, for my first event I needed the functionality described by this request. The following is the text of my question to support, to which they replied it was addressed by this enhancement request.

"One member can choose a quantity of one or both registration types. For example, one event price for members and one event price for non-members. One member may want to register and pay for 3 members and 4 non-members. (I'm not worried about checking membership status.)

Example:
        3 members @ $20
        4 non-members @ $60
        Total charge - 3*20 + 4*60 = $300

Perhaps a similar example would be a member wanting to register for an event, bring 7 people total, and register for different meals at different prices.

Can it be set up to choose multiple registration types?
        On a specific registration type, can you enter a quantity more than one?"

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We offer multiple classes to our members, and they often purchase more than one at a time. It would be wonderful if they could purchase multil=ple ones at once, like a shopping cart. Please vote for this idea!

• Jayme PedigoJayme Pedigo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like for guests to purchase more than one ticket, if they are not discounted for members. The "guest" registration is very laborious

• Jim D.Jim D. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to see the ability to have multiple registrations on a single invoice. My organization has a number of events with 2 to 3 registration types for a single event. For example, we may offer a senior, adult and child registration. Currently if a client wants to buy one of each, it's three different invoices. Having it all on one invoice would be highly desirable.

• JaclynJaclyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like for our members to be able to register multiple people (accounts) at the same time. If they are linked to the same company they should have access to register people from their company. This way it is recorded in each account that they are registered for the event and can pay all at once.

• cherie@mbmca.orgcherie@mbmca.org commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow registrants to choose more than one radio button instead of only allowing them one choice and then requiring the person to go back to the registration page and choose another option. This is wasted time for our customers and behind the time with what other websites have allowed for years.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could you please add a simple way for members to register their bundle member partners for events in a single transaction.

It is possible for a member to add a guest in a single transaction, but not another member, even one from their own membership bundle.

The 'workaround' of completing multiple transactions to achieve the outcome is neither elegant nor intuitive and rather defeats the purpose of having a cloud based computer system.

This issue of not being able to book partners and bundle members for events causes the most grief for our members and requires a lot of time to support or complete bookings on their behalf. It is also cited as an objection to us having implemented a computerised system and who would have us return to the days of the card index and postal order.

• ctc-chairctc-chair commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Improved staff registration workflow by allowing entry of multiple event registrations before generating the invoice.

ODU ILR has a quarterly model in which members subscribe to individual programs a la carte at the beginning of the quarter and prepay by check.

If i elect not to make an invoice, the event is deemed free for that instance.

• NCOFCUNCOFCU commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have worked around the mutable event registrations within an event by using the additional custom fields in the event registration form such as for additional guests (spouse, child, etc.) Golf, Tours, meals, etc..

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7