Provide reporting on member logins
I'd like to have the ability to get more data on recent logins. Currently, the dashboard displays "most active members" but I think a "recently active members" feature is equally if not more useful. I'd also like to be able to see more than just the top 5 results for these categories.
I think this would be beneficial for monitoring campaigns or promotions. Right now we are trying to get members to use the features of our new site or just log in at all, so if we put together a promotional email, for instance, "The top 5 things you can do on the new website" then we could see how many people logged following that promotion.
We do have google analytics installed, but I think this would be more targeted.
Also, I'd like to easily see who hasn't logged in recently or at all to target members at risk of leaving our club.
Lee Anne commented
I want the ability to see who logged in on a specific day, not just the “Last login”. Create a field such as "Login date" that stores the date and time of every login of every member. Add option to search by Login date AND make the field reportable/exportable.
Whoops! Posted too soon.... Here are our top two use cases:
1) We want select users (via Group) to access pages with reports posted and as of now, we have no reliable way to see if they are even hitting the page we designed for them.
2) Last Login is not a reportable field so we do not have the ability to pull a list of members/users who have not logged in within the x number of days/months (insert time frame here).
Absolutely everything in the original post!
Is there any way we can tell how many time a contact logs in? I'm aware that we can tell the last login date under Contact Details, but it would be nice to know how many times each member logs in. Thank you.
Is there a way to find out how many log-ins for any specific day were attempted by the membership? It would be nice to know how many members are actually using the database.
Hi Katya and Evgeny,
I'm looking forward to the addition of this functionality, thank you.
Some use cases, perhaps for future releases that would make sense for us are:
1. View recent login graph by date for either the full user community or a subset of contacts. From there be able to click on the date and drill into the users that comprise that usage. This would allow us to quickly understand or divine some reasons for spikes in traffic (to some extent), even without the page visit stats.
2. When you get to page views, it would be great to be able to view affinities between pages based on statistically normalized user view statistics. For example, what percentage of users that frequently visit page A also frequently visit page B. Of course, drilling through to the frequent users would also be helpful. This would allow us to begin to profile our members and understand where we have somewhat distinct groups of interests.
3. Also when you get to page views, it would be very helpful to have page to page dependency analysis. Which pages result in which other pages being visited and how often on which dates. (and in the more distant future, by which interest groups)
Hopefully these items are not duplicates of another wish list item.
Beer Collectibles commented
Agreed. There are so many cool things on WA, but learning what our members look at would be a super plus!
meh. how about real ecommerce reporting through G Analytics instead?
Beer Collectibles commented
It would be nice to be able to see everyone who looked at the website, not just the top 5.
Delayed a little again - development team us busy with finalizing Events waitlist feature and did not have enough resources to make good progress to fit into December.
Walt: it's very hard for us to shift focus all the time. We've started development and we have some design in mind; changing it would be hard for the whole development team. So we will continue as planned, but with delay.
Walt Bilofsky commented
I see this is delayed past the 5.7 release.
In the meantime, why not just add Last Login to the other internal fields, such as Profile Last Updated, that are exported in member export?
The suggestion is about logins, not downloads. I'm afraid, we will not cover downloads - consider adding a new suggestion about it.
Let's track logins and downloads.
I'm very glad that this functionality is being added. I'd be using this to target emails to inactive users and archiving those members that I didn't receive a response and who have not logged in for a long time. Also I'd be using it for security reasons as well.
We would also like to see the time a user logged on.
oh, I like this wish! It would be nice if we could generate a report to see this type of information so that we might figure out which members actually log in to our site on a regular basis.
Well said. Security is core element and not a nice to have feature.
Repeating much of what has been said, it is very important to be able to track logins. How often is an account being used? When did a member last login? [Other functions like identifying the IP address, number of attempts, etc are very good features as well.]
This is very important for membership service purposes -and- for security purposes to monitor if an account is hacked or being shared with others.
This should be a TOP priority [just behind increasing file security to require an active verification/login beyond just knowing the exact file address.]
These 2 issues should be top top priority. They are at the core of security, at the core of WA users' business needs [whether they know it or not], and standard practice in the IT world.
Katya, Funny Apricot commented
Sorry, but i don't have an answer. And i can't give you the promise that it will be done, for example, this year.
As soon as the planned version will be known we update our Product roadmap http://help.wildapricot.com/display/DOC/Product+roadmap , and i announce it here, for sure.
YES! This would be fantastic!
When do you feel it will be available?