Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Online Forms

Incorporate form design and submission functionality. This would help clubs automate some administrative processes.

222 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

paul shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

56 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Angelique Manley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At the very least, there should be a contact us form gadget or something. Contact Us is probably the one of the most standard, consistent and common pages you'd find on any website.

• david12 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, definitely needed and useful option. I would love to see that module. And the attachment option would be great!

• ezgen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A generic Forms tab would be great. Add a field that can handle date/time or hours, and could be used for Volunteer Hours collection also (a much requested feature). Never mind the calculating, we can do that part in Excel. Forms tab could just be a stripped down Events tab. We are experimenting with using Events to accomplish this and setting date years out, and ignoring it. A bit klunky, but can create useful reports and exports and keeps our membership fields page cleaner.

• Nags commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really would love if WA incorporates forms. I need these forms for residents to submit
        - maintenance requests
        - information requests
        - submit violations
        - submit ideas for beatification

I have to use Google Forms in WA which populates a spreadsheet. I then incorporate the spreadsheet in WA for the trustees to review.

This approach, I cannot populate fields like who is filling the form and the form as no link as to which user submitted the request. This has a problem of mischief (not happened yet, but is possible)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

would love to see a forms module. Our clients are not tech savvy and to incorporate another new 3rd party forms software is really an awkward work around. Thank you.

• AlexSirota commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We use formstack.com to accomplish this very thing. Works well and integrates quite well with Wild Apricot.

wufoo, google forms and typeform are other products. While WA works on the vast amount of feature requests in this forum., this is the approach I'd take.

This is an extremely complex feature request that really would make wild apricot something very different than it is today.

• Randall Rensch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes. I don't understand how having a easily created, customizable form is not considered a standard website feature. Yet, I run into the same obstinance at obstinance at some other hosting services, such as GoDaddy. I've used forms on my own websites (and not just for non-spammy email, although that is a key use) for two decades now. Why at WA does it need to be a third-party workaround?

• D Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We currently create separate events to target different email groups to fake a form. This is not very flexible and limits to all the constraints of the event registration form, such no access control, inability to customize the look, no workflow, need a different event for different forms.
        For things that require file uploads or multipage forms, we use google forms or jotforms.

Our Forms needs include
        sending forms to specific Membership Levels and/or Saved Searches/Membership Groups,
        file uploads,
        customize the layout of the form,
        multipage navigation,
        if/else logic navigation, and
        access controls/permissions for forms.

We use forms for feedback and evaluation surveys, award nominations, nominations & elections, program applications, and mentor/mentee applications.

• David Gavine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need a form app where a completed form goes into member's profile.
        I would be content to use a separate app such as formsite alongside WA if it integrated in that way.

• Carolyn Winter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes we also need a form function for a variety of things including:
        -sign up for projects or volunteer jobs like a volunteer application form
        - nominations
        - feedback form
        - teacher observation form
        - ceu report form

Thanks for considering it!
        :)
        Carolyn Winter

• Doug Armstrong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not 100% sure this fits with the scope of this. We require letters or recommendation for perspective members. Was looking for a way to make them an online form and then attach them to a perspective member's contact record.

Otherwise a generic forms solution as described above would be great to have.

• EH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our organization is nearing an exit from Wild Apricot for this very reason. I should not have to use a third party to create user-friendly forms. Membership applications and events are not the only things we do. The common vs. membership vs. event registration fields are not as customization as they should be either.

• Patrick Lynch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like a form for members to be able to nominate people for "Professional of the Year", or "Volunteer of the Year".

• AlexSirota commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We use formstack.com to accomplish this very thing. Works well and integrates quite well with Wild Apricot.

wufoo, google forms and typeform are other products. While WA works on the vast amount of feature requests in this forum., this is the approach I'd take.

This is an extremely complex feature request that really would make wild apricot something very different than it is today.

• Peggy Nehmen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

FORMS!!!!!!!!!!!!! A option to create a form. Even something simple as a "contact us" form. There are other times, I want a form for members to fill out their book information so we can capture the data vs. using an old-fashion Word doc.

• Jeanne Hoffman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to create custom forms within the Wild Apricot platform. This would be nice for the purposes of committee interest forms, etc. Third-party forms are fine, but any use of third-party companies is just that -- third-party and outside of the platform -- opening us up to greater chances of data being compromised. Custom forms are a basic tool for Membership-based software and should be included.

• Camilla Elmes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can only reiterate previous comments! The need for an in-house form builder that can be customised according to various usage requirements, is paramount to our clients.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base