Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Allow secondary/alternate emails for members

Current features:
Each contact/member (company or individual) can only have one email that is used to receive messages.

Desired features:
Allow contacts/member to have multiple emails that can be used to receive emails.

295 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

WildApricot UserWildApricot User shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

116 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Sebastián VielmasSebastián Vielmas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's a shame that in 9 years this issue has not been solved. I would have loved to keep using Wild Apricot, but it is not possible for us to do without this.

• janice.johnsonpalmerjanice.johnsonpalmer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are a Classic Yacht Association and really need a way to send email blasts to more than one person. We have many members who are dissatisfied with only one member of the partnership receive emails.
        Our situation is that we have co-owners of boats who live in different places, married couples who have different last names and each need to see the information, and people who live together with different names and different emails. It seems to me that this could be done easily if we could add an email string divided by commas in the first email slot which is the one that is picked for the blasts.
        Thanks for your consideration.

• Apricot KernelAdminApricot Kernel (Product Manager, Wild Apricot) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"This is becoming a seriously big issue ... Please, please, please, move this up the list!"
        The most recent update is that this particular idea is a part of 2017 focus on Email Development team in Wild Apricot. As soon as they have some progress here, they will share it.
        I'm very sorry this this is a big issue and we haven't had any progress over it.

• webmasterwebmaster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is becoming a seriously big issue for BOTH organizations I represent. Both use WA and both need - really NEED - this feature.

Here's the problem at the first organization:

Because we have family memberships, the primary email address goes to one spouse/partner. As a result, only one of them receives emails. So the other spouse/partner then signs up as a "contact" which does two things:

1) inflates our contact list, causing us to go over our 500 allocation every few months, until I am forced to archive out all the spouses which just gets them all angry and me and at WA for the lack of features, and

2) still prevents the spouse from getting all the emails anyway because quite a few only go to "members only" so then I get complaints that WA isn't working properly.

Here's the problem at the second organization: We have group memberships purchased by companies but the individual memberships need that second email because they lose their membership and event history when they change jobs and emails. This has created a record-keeping nightmare when trying to sort it all out. We are all volunteers - none of us get paid for all the hours of sorting that happens and we're having serious problems trying to recruit volunteers to help because NO ONE wants to do this kind of manual clean-up on a regular basis (which it has become).

Honestly, I'm tired of defending WA on this and at this point, I can't recommend that anyone move to WA if they need this feature - it's become that big a problem for us. This was something that you had on your development list for all of 2015, you moved it to a Q4 2016 release, now you've downgraded it. Why? This has a lot of votes, you have a lot of reasons and examples of why this is needed. Please, please, please, move this up the list!

• Darin StefflDarin Steffl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why isn't this done yet???? We are a Chamber of Commerce and each business is a member but there are multiple contacts within each business that we need to receive emails. I called tech support yesterday and they said no way to do this and no workaround.

We absolutely need to have more than email per member to email. The school district for example has 5 people who like to receive the email and most businesses would like 2-3 employees to receive emails as a member.

We need an update on when this will be fixed, added as a feature for mass mailings. Thank you

• Chris CavanaughChris Cavanaugh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Especially valuable when one account bounces an email, would like to be able to choose an alternate email address to send bounced email to.

• LeBon AbercrombieLeBon Abercrombie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have been waiting for this change since we implemented your system 15 months ago. When we selected your system, this was shown as a upcoming improvement, but now it seems to have dropped off your radar. For us, this is a "bait and switch".

• webmasterwebmaster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this going anywhere? I ask because this was listed as an enhancement that was to have been in the Sept 2016 bundle/release but then it was pushed to the end of 2016 and now it looks like it's still in the "collecting comments" step.

This is something that we've needed for the last three years and the members are getting restless.

Since all the spouses and significant others have added themselves as "contacts" to get around this and we keep going over our allotted number of contacts.

• vinsonkjvinsonkj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since our website is dedicated to tandem cycling and our members are couples, I would like to have the ability to send e-mails to the "Captain" (primary account holder) and "Stoker" (would be considered a secondary account). Currently I am having to use a sub-account of my personal e-mail to send out e-mails to the entire club (Captains & Stokers).

• mlacute1mlacute1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In your example you show "home email", would we be able to change email name?

Otherwise great.

• Tim FlamanTim Flaman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you're going to do it, allow for more than 1 extra email. Maybe as many as you want or up to 5? Most families have a minimum of 3 email addresses and the kids start to have them as they get older. You might want to push this one to the top of your list as everyone will have to upgrade their plans to accommodate!!

• Mooring10Mooring10 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What we need: 1 Contact login email address (primary) and many additional email addresses (secondary) for email blasts. The additional email would be for spouses, children, and other relative that would like to receive updates buy neither current or future full members. The email function should have a toggle, "Send to Primary ONLY" and "Send to Primary AND all Alternate email addresses." None of the Alternate addresses should have any logon privileges.

• tomericktomerick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Most everyone has 2 email addresses - personal and business. It would be great if when the WA system sends an email message to the primary email address that fails to then automatically attempt to send the message to the secondary address. All too often people change jobs and no longer have the business email they used as their primary contact email address - having the backup helps organizations keep in contact with their members.

• BonnieBonnie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be a great help if the alternate email could be copied on the emailed invoices too.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7