Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Installments / Payment plans for events and memberships

Could Wild Apricot users offer their members an introductory trial rate for, say 30 or 7 days, followed by, say quarterly or six-monthly payments to spread the cost over the year?

That is very helpful during a recession, when many WA website users will find revenue dropping as their members cut back. To be able to spread payments looks very attractive to new prospective members: four quarterly payments of $10 is much easier on the budget than one payment of $40.

The introductory trial could be free, or at a pro-rata cost for 30 or 7 days. During the trial the member can cancel and either pay nothing (free trial) or pay just the pro-rata cost (low-cost trial). If he doesn't cancel, the next payment kicks in and is renewed automatically for each period chosen.

So a typical membership trial would look like one of these:

1. Free 7-day trial. Then $10 quarterly until cancelled.

2. $3.00 low-cost trial for 30 days. Then $20 every six months until cancelled.

110 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Peter HobdayPeter Hobday shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

83 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Doug ArmstrongDoug Armstrong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Like many others we want to nail down the number of folks who will be attending a larger event ahead of time with a down payment/deposit will putting off the actual payment until the XXX days before the event.

I see this working a bit like the membership application:
        1) Register for the event
        2) Rcv an invoice or have the CC pay on line option to complete registration
        3) XXX days prior to the event you get an email/invoice requiring you to pay for the event of lose your slot.

Thanks for the great work WA!

• Ed WEd W commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would like users to be able to (1) make a deposit followed by a large payment later; and / or (2) pay by an installment plan (it's ok if we have to manually configure the installment plan).

• JenniferJennifer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have an event that opened today and really needed the event to allow a $50 down payment.When you are dealing with 400 people you cannot manually be issuing invoices.

• Charles PenaCharles Pena commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This thread appears to have lumped two entirely unrelated issues here. It shows me voting for an item about installment payments for the cost of the WA platform. I never would have voted for this.

The issue that we desperately need is the ability to collect a small ~$150 to $300 deposit (Installment) and then at a later date the final payment of ~$1000 to $5000. Our kicker here is we want the deposit to be payable by PayPal but the final payment by Check Only.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are a car club and need to print off membership cards with expiry dates. That means it's virtual impossible for us to offer monthly membership as a work around. We really want to stick with yearly membership with monthly installments. A free trial period would also be a welcome option

• Phillip FerrierPhillip Ferrier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For our Life Membership ($500) we'd like to have the option of members paying it off in payments of $50 each month.

I understand this would be a pretty large feature to integrate, so even member's having the ability to make partial payments to a member balance would be nice. I'm asking members to pay off their member balance, but a $500 lump sum is a bit much.

• RoyRoy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love to see trial membership at reduced rate that can be upgraded automatically and installment payments through PayPal. People do not know what we do and a trial membership would be great. Let them join at half price for a year with most but not all bennies then to renew they would have to pay full price for renewal. I do this now but it's really screwy they way it has to be done and not very professional. Also PayPal installments will increase membership because I get my cash now and PayPal collects from the payee.

• Charles PenaCharles Pena commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Break an event payment into 2 parts: deposit and payment balance. Balance would have a different due date.

• gsscmemgsscmem commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

better accounting/event management so that partial payments can be made for an event.

• Nick HoweNick Howe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi there. Would like to add my voice to this request. We are also a ski club and run multiple trips each year. As others have said, we generally take an initial deposit and then up to 3 other partial payments. Would be great to have this functionality. So far we haven't gone live on Wild Apricot, but if we had this functionality the board has said we would switch over immediately.

• Phoenix Ski ClubPhoenix Ski Club commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our trips are offered with payment schedules. We are only able to allow for an initial payment or a full payment. There is no way to go into the event and make further payments. Creating multiple events to handle this is unacceptable. We really need this capability to make Wild Apricot an acceptable solution for our club.

• LeeLee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My organization is a member-owned photography gallery. There are 100 members. We have annual dues, but we allow those who can't pay all at once to pay half at renewal time and half later. It would be very helpful to allow a partial payment on membership renewals.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are working on developing an event which will require a payment plan.
        The total cost of the event is $375.
        A $100 deposit will be due at the time of registration.
        The remaining $275 will be due by the registration deadline.
        It would be nice to have a payment plan option for this where members could pay any amount until the registration deadline.

• Chuck PenaChuck Pena commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need to list in the registration that a deposit of $150 is due and can be paid by paypal or check. But need another line showing the balance that is due say $1500 but can only be paid by check (offline). We need the convenience of paypal when the fee is low but saving of checks only we he fee is now high for paypal.

• Chuck PenaChuck Pena commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is huge. I currently have to create 2 events for each event to get a deposit first that accepts paypal and then another for the balance that doesn't accept paypal. If I do it in one and tell them to only pay x$ deposit the whole invoice not can be paid by paypal.

• Pam NeidigPam Neidig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could Wild Apricot develop the capability to support installment payments? We are a ski club and want to start offering our trips for sale via our website, but supporting online sales with current capabilities is rather cumbersome. I'm imagining a summary page that could be added as the final step when necessary in an event registration process where the registrant could specify the amount to pay now (with the balance remaining unpaid and to be invoiced).

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base