Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Financial Reporting: Break out extra charges

Anytime Memberships are reported out, maybe not at the high summary level, but at the indivdual membership level I would like to see a breakdown of membership fee vs. extra item fee (e.g. In July I had $500 of membership income, how much was from elite level, how much from regular level, and for each, what percentage is membership fee and what percentage is extra items).

80 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

37 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Link posts and events to social media channels.

Link posts and events to social media channels. Allow them to sync. For example, allow a Calendar Event to sync to a linked Facebook Page. When creating a blog post, have an option for it to post to Twitter, Facebook, and a LinkedIn Page.

79 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Event Registration / Donation form to update contact profile

I noticed that the contact fields automatically get loaded to event registration forms which is a nice feature and saves the user time when registering.

I'd like to request that updates made to contact field information by individuals who are "recognized" users of WA be back loaded to their permanent contact record.

For instance, if someone sees an error in their contact field information (like mailing address) while registering for an event and they update that field (like their mailing address or phone number) while registering for an event, I'd like that change updated to their permanent contact profile record…

77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. credit card fees to be paid by members

Our members love being able to pay their membership dues by credit card. However, our biggest gripe with the payment systems that apricot supports is that there doesn't appear to be a way to give the credit card processing fee to the member, rather than our company. Since our membership costs are very high ($36,750), these small (~ 3.5%) fees really cost us a lot of money ($1,286.25), and it would be very helpful if we could pass these fees back on to the member.

For example, if there was a way to allow members to manually enter in the…

76 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Online payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow to set specific sending time for automatic event emails

I would like to have the ability to modify the event notification email reminder time. As currently designed, the notification goes into the queue 30 minutes before meeting time. This doesn't mean it goes out at that time so members are getting the email 9-12 minutes after that, whichi gives a 20 minute notice. The reason we put an event reminder on the day of the event is so people don't forget it and ensure it's part of their daily schedule. This 20 minute notice does not do that especially considering our meetings go out to members across the community…

76 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Custom URLs for events

Would be great to have a way to make our own Custom URL for Blog posts, Events.

Right now i use bit.ly to make:
    http://secondgearclub.camp9.org/allevents?eventId=159084&EventViewMode=EventDetails
    into
    http://bit.ly/may29-trail-clearing

Be nice if we could have a box that says Short URL

http://secondgearclub.camp9.org/events/may29-trail-clearing

76 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Member to member messages

Current behavior:
    Currently one member can contact another only outside of the system - and only if that member has disclosed his contact information (email/phone)

Desired behavior:
    Members should be able to contact other members right on the site, without having to expose email addresses

Notes:
    Messages can be forwarded to member emails - or displayed to each member when logged in.

76 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Xero Intergration

Xero fast growing cloud based accounting package. The offer a great discount to non-profits and I found the transition form Quickbooks to be great. It would be great to build an integration to sync WA members to Xero contacts and also WA invoices to Xero invoices. I find both platforms productivity boosters. It would great if they could work together.

75 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. New admin role - membership manager limited to specific groups or levels

Hi,

I'm currently setting up a club membership system on WA and would like to know if it is possible to assign people as admins of a group. Basically we have little mini clubs for our regional members and these are looked after by a local member for that area, I would like that member to have access to only the members in that group and put members in and out and the like. They would also need to be able to email that group and it would be nice if they could manage the web pages associated with that…

75 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Security / Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. "Add to Google Calendar" button on event details

Today a client requested an "Add to Google Calendar" button on our event details page, in addition to the "Add to Outlook" function we already have.

Would you find this useful as well? Please post your comments below.

74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Printable and Downloadable Custom Reports e.g. Member Directory

Please make the custom report layout feature printable. This would work well for printable directories, group information, etc.

Our group is trying to make a directory in a PDF format that is searchable and may be printed by those who prefer print.

74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Zip code or address radius search for member directory

I am currently evaluating Wild Apricot for use with a specific database and I would like to be able for public visitors to use the Advanced search to look for:

Members "within" "x" miles of "zip code" or "address"

This feature would allow visitors to find people near their location and not just in a specific zip code. It's better to put in the address and find closest locations because it's more specific than the zip code. I think this feature would greatly enhance the ability for people to use this software for other databases. Like for me, I do…

74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Multiple, separately customizable donation forms or Donation campaigns

My organization runs different campaigns a year targeted towards different groups. We need several versions of the donation form, however WA allows for only one. Plus, some of our campaigns are sponsorships, not donations, while others are underwriting opportunities. We also need the ability for our members and friends to sign up for more than one level of sponsorship at once.

Some of the donation forms would be used on the public site, while another is just for members.

Is this a possibility for future releases? So far I have my organization sold on WA, except for this little snag.

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  Donations / Fundraising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Website statistics

It would be great if I could gather statistics on what our members do on the website! How many visitors per month, what pages they visit, how long they spend, where they abandon the site, etc.

72 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Customize event attendee list - both public and admins sides

Is it possible to customize what information is shown on the Registered attendee list that people can click on in event registration?

Specifically for our purposes, our trade show exhibitors can apply for their booth space through the event registration system. Rather than date and name, I'd like the list to show company name, products and website.

Thank you!

72 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

64 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Merged several posts together, so that both public and admins lists can be customized. This is better for analysis and design to work on them together.

16. Notify admin if a member updates their profile - fields, notification or privacy prefs

Have my website email or text me if a member updates his/her record.

71 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Adding guests later or changing existing ones

Hello,

We frequently have members who register themselves and then at a later date, decide to add a guest. However, there is no easy way for them to do this that I'm aware of. I would love for our members to be able to sign in, view their registration, and then be able to "Add Guest" from there.

Thanks!

UPDATE FROM PRODUCT MANAGER: I decided to expand this suggestion to also changing existing guest list as well, like removing some of existing guests or changing their names.

71 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Automatically change a "Lapsed" membership status to "Active" when we record a membership payment on a member's record.

We had some "Lapsed" members that paid their dues. The Wild Apricot system did not automatically change their membership status to "Active" when the payment was recorded. There is no place on the invoice screen that shows the members status when we manually record payments. It creates an extra step to go back to the members record to make sure it is changed to "Active"

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Member Certifications / Achievements / Courses

Hi,

Great software – life just got easier ;-)

If you’re looking for new things to add then my suggestion would be something for Achievements/Courses. Basically they would work a lot like events except they go against a “Member’s Achievement History” (new concept).

So, some of the function points might be:

· New Functional web page type with a Page Template of “Achievements Calendar”

o Access to Selected Groups

· Achievement Settings

o Achievement E-mails

§ Email Event Triggers (Registration, Approval, Rejection – to Member and/or Mentor/Trainer, Achievement End Date – to Mentor/Trainer)

· Achievements

o Add Achievement

§ Registration…

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Need transaction description to go to PayPal

Want more information to be passed to PayPal from Wild Apricot (e.g. what payment is for - membership, event payment) and which program a donation is being directed to (e.g. 1st fundraising campaign, 2nd fundraising campaign).

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base