Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Customize all emails sent from WA using centralized email library

We can customize some alert emails, such as activation and renewals, but cannot customize the password reset email.

Request the ability to customize all emails sent from WA. Thanks.

50 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

EnglandEngland shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    BonnieBonnie shared a merged idea: Membership  ·   · 
    BonnieBonnie shared a merged idea: Membership Renewal Email for Groups  ·   · 
    Noreen MontetnaNoreen Montetna shared a merged idea: noreen@atlanticdivorcemediation.com  ·   · 

21 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • BonnieBonnie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need the ability to have default emails that are unique to a membership type rather than a default for all.

Example:

We created many new bundled membership levels with unique renewal reminder emails rather than using the generic default reminder. It would have been great if I could have copied the first one and then modified the level name, amount and bundle limit. It takes a lot of time to modify each individual reminder email when setting up multiple bundled membership levels.

• BonnieBonnie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need a way to update renewal reminder emails on specific groups. For example, we added a group of agency bundle membership levels. We had to go to each level to make changes to the renewal reminder email that could have been done once if we could specify a group to change it on rather than just the default template or all member types.

• Noreen MontetnaNoreen Montetna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In your templates for emails, newsletter, once a company uploads their logo/pictures, the emails templates and newsletters, etc. Should already be set to your company's information. Maybe we have this function and I just did not get their yet. LOL Thank you.

• Susan CulliganSusan Culligan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We should be able to duplicate an automated email Announcements or Reminders for events so that the fully formatted email can be used, with or without revision, for other Announcements or Reminders.

I'm composing the automated event email Announcements for a specific event, and I want to send the same email for Announcements 1, 2, and 3. However, I can't duplicate Announcement 1 without copy/pasting the body of Announcement 1 into Announcement 2, which pastes the text in unformatted, and reformatting the entire email! There's nowhere in "copy from" to choose the previous Announcement. I'll have to go in and reschedule Announcement 1 again and again after each one is sent.

There also isn't a way to save the Announcement/Reminder emails as a template that I could then use for Announcements 2 and 3.

Is there a way to copy the formatted, ready-to-go Announcement email?

• Catherine LamontagneCatherine Lamontagne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree.

It is very important for our organisation because the majority of our members speak french. Some of them contacted us to know if the automatic email to reset their password was reliable because it wasn't customized. It is bad for our member relationship and affect our credibility and our professionalism.

• djyoungdjyoung commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to add my support for greater control of system emails. I have set as many templates as I can to match our 'style' - but some emails get sent that I cannot change and so appear quite inconsistent to users. In particular the forgotten password request, and notification that another user has sent you a message.

A single page with links to edit all system email templates would be fantastic and make life much simpler. At the moment I seem to have to fish around the settings pages to find the system email templates.

• Dmitry ButerinDmitry Buterin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for clarifying. I thought you meant sent emails - you are talking about customizable email templates.

Your point makes total sense, this is in fact in our roadmap to move all customized email templates into one centralized location.

• Steve VeachSteve Veach commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think some (if not all) of my confusion is that some emails can be customized and they do NOT show up on the Settings page along with all the other emails. For example, when you go to Settings and select Default event emails, you get "generic" emails even though you may have created a set of customized emails for a specific event.

I don't know the best way to handle this from a user interface perspective but it is certainly confusing as it is.

• Dmitry ButerinDmitry Buterin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you elaborate - what do you see this centralized page showing vs. the existing page 'Email log' under Contacts. Current page does show all the emails sent (except for some admin copies). And each email has 'Origin' field to help find the source of it.

• Steve VeachSteve Veach commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I find it very confusing that the current system has multiple email configuration, status, eblast, manual, and automatic email pages and I often can't find the source of a system-generated email sent to me as administrator!

I'm sure part of this is just a learning curve but that doesn't mean the user interface shouldn't be improved to be as quick to learn as possible.

• Tracy BrownTracy Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see a global search and replace feature. This would allow you to globally change information in all email notifications. Such as a phone number, new address, etc.

• NathanNathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks much, I think it would be enormously helpful. There are still a couple of emails that I haven't tracked down settings for in the system!

• NathanNathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi guys,

Would it be possible to create a single setting page that has all system emails on it? There is a page or two that has a lot of them, but every time I think I have found them all, I discover another one.

It'd be great to have 1 page with a list of all of them and a quick description so you can easily find a rogue email and correct it.

Thanks!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7