Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

New admin role - membership manager limited to specific groups or levels

Hi,

I'm currently setting up a club membership system on WA and would like to know if it is possible to assign people as admins of a group. Basically we have little mini clubs for our regional members and these are looked after by a local member for that area, I would like that member to have access to only the members in that group and put members in and out and the like. They would also need to be able to email that group and it would be nice if they could manage the web pages associated with that group too.

if there is nothing like this and others would find it useful I'll post in the wishlist.

ta

48 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

PetePete shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Sublevel admins  ·   · 
    luv2brewluv2brew shared a merged idea: Provide for internal notification of group joins  ·   · 
    U3A SwanseaU3A Swansea shared a merged idea: Have a link on a groups page that would enable you to send an email to the whole group.  ·   · 

26 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • VinceVince commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would help a lot with administration to provide limited admin to group administrators. Current, the Admin has to deal with everything which is a big overhead. The option of have a number of global Admins is to open and raises the risk of impacting the whole system

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Create sublevel admin privileges where you can set certain admins to be able to only access certain member levels and a superadmin that can access all.

So ultimately, if I wanted to have the girls leads in our organization only have access to the girls databases and guys leads in our organization only have access to the boys databases in our organization, I should be able to set it up where some admins can access the girls member levels and guys can access the guys member levels.

Please feel free to reach out to me if you need clarity.

• Annetta CheekAnnetta Cheek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This functionality is number 1 on our wish list. Not having the ability to assign membership managers to each of our 4 regions has caused us to limit membership management to 1 person nationally, a big job for a volunteer in our organization. In the long run, we might want to assign this role to one person in each of our 75 clubs (chapters, in your parlance).

• luv2brewluv2brew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

in our organization, we are allowing members to express preferences and to join groups voluntarily. For example, to join a running group or gourmet group. I would like to be able to designate group leaders who could then receive notifications of users joining the group so they could send welcome messages (bonus points if you automate that). Group leaders should also be able to send messages to their group (but only their group unless they have other admin status) to notify of meetings, events, etc.

• U3A SwanseaU3A Swansea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A Group Leader often wants to send an email to their complete group. Group Leaders do not have access to the database so can't use the query system. They have a list of group members on their group page, from a 'member directory gadget' from a saved search, but can only email them 1 at a time from here. Is there any way that a Group Leader can email the whole group from their group page in one go.

• ChrisChris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This level of admin permissions would be very useful to our organization as well, in fact its absence was almost a show stopper. Each chapter (group) has a leader who should be able email his/her group at a minimum and ideally have settable member management permissions for only that group.
        In our case there is no need for group level finances (handled centrally) but I can see that as being useful in other situations.

• GunillaGunilla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, this seems all very similar. I also would like to give the group leaders the possibility to email their group members, so it really fits. Any chance of getting this higher up in the pipeline now?

That is the whole point: it is not a webpage. Since a few weeks it sits under our "members" pages, before that it was sitting under "settings". Please have a look at the page I am referring to: http://ilkleyu3a.org/admin/ (members/groups)

In our organisation we have so called group organisers who manage their groups, at the moment outside the WA system. At the beginning of our "year" (end September/begin October) we ask them to send us the names of the members of their groups and we then update WA with that information. Any changes in the course of the year are only seldomly reported, so this part of the member administration is not accurate.

It would be great if our group organisers could be given access to the "groups" page (sits now under "members") so that they themselves can update the system whenever any changes occur. So we do not want them to have access to the membership details, just the possibility to move members from the member directory to their individual group membership.

Look forward to your reply!

• ANQSecretaryANQSecretary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a national organization, this feature would be very useful for us. I would like to be able to assign the task for a single person within each chapter to have the ability to update contact information for the members of that chapter. That way, as elections occur, we would not have to wait for each member to log in and change their current position. So, an email that needs to go out to all chapter presidents can go out using the updated information within the database.

• PeterHPeterH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently, in order to be able to access the "Group management" settings (in order to add or remove members to/from a group, it is necessary for the administrator to have "Membership manager" access privileges. ("Add/edit/manage/delete group" is part of Membership Manager admin access.) This is too broad.

In our club, we have various activity groups, each administrated by a separate person. Each of these people have Page Management access rights to modify their respective group webpage. However, they are not able to administer the members of their group.

Possible solutions to this situation would be:
        * Create a new category of administrator: Group manager which would include both Page Management and Group Management admin access.
        * As a more general solution, permit the "Features by admin access level" tables to be customized by each Wild Apricot customer organization. Currently the tables at http://help.wildapricot.com/display/DOC/Managing+site+administrators#Managingsiteadministrators-Featuresbyadminaccesslevel are "hard coded".

• Evgeny aka Apricot KernelAdminEvgeny aka Apricot Kernel (Product Manager, Wild Apricot) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No sorry - and we do not expect changes this year (our pipeline is full for now).

In the meantime - can you give us more details? Your previous comment is not very clear in a way of how the feature would help you to resolve the problem.

I'm trying to collect as much data for analysis as I can so we can design a proper solution.

• lkjones.ifbwlkjones.ifbw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello I wanted to check to see if there have been any updates or progress made on this front. Thanks

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7