Skip to content

Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

3371 results found

1. Defer payment until application is approval

I think it would be helpful to have an online application with an option of deferring the membership fee until the applicant has been approved for membership.

This would allow them to complete an application, which would enter the system as a Pending status. Once they have been approved, and the record is marked as Approved, then they would receive an email requesting that they then pay for the membership.

Our group has certain guidelines that must be met for membership. There are also other documents (proof of insurance, etc) that must be sent in for review. Once these items…

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

33 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

For now, this is not something we’re going to change – not sure if ever.
    Workaround to use: create a special “entry” free level to apply to, and close “normal” ones for application. For the entry level, create also a dropdown field where a potential member can choose a level they want to apply to. Add other fields you need to assess the application. When application is successful, your admin is to change membership level to required one and generate membership invoice (membership upgrade invoice). The member will be emailed with the invoice and can pay.

2. Member Billing Contact

Many member accounts need a seperate billing email to get the renewal notices and event invoices. Is there someway to add a seperate field for billing contact name and email? Or a second person who gets notified of invoices and financial notices?

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Event templates

I would save me a ton of work and grief if there were event templates for the details section. Copying previous event is ok, but because of the formatting and table issues in WA they never quite look the same. The details section could be broken out into, well, other sections. For example, in this order, have a template with sections for:

* Header/Title
    * General Location (i.e. New York, Bay Area, Boston) with picture space (we have logos for each chapter location)
    * Register Button
    * Description/writeup of event/meeting
    * Speaker info and bio links (if applicable)
    * Deadline…

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. One Member Registers Multiple Members for an Event

Hello,

I mentioned this in the last survey I took and Dmitry suggested I post this here.

We have encountered several instances where allowing a member to sign up other members for an event would be a big advantage.

For example:

Member Frank would like to make a reservation for dinner with member Mike. It would be faster and tidier if Frank can do this in one registration. This way, Mike and Frank both appear on the list of registrants and both will receive updates about the dinner event. At present both would have to register separately (this would cause…

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Inserting Gadgets in eMails like upcoming events or recent blog posts

Very glad to see the gadget feature just introduced.

Is it possible to insert the gadgets into emails generated through WA? This would be great for newsletters etc. and would save us the need to use a separate service to read RSS feeds etc. We could then start to consolidate our mailing list into WA as contacts (more $$ for you guys!)

179 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

56 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Calendars that sync with Google Cal or Outlook

Calendars that sync with Google Cal or Outlook

Right now, parents on our ski team must manually click each event to "add to my calendar," but since we have as many as 2-3 events per week, that is a burden. Instead, they would love to subscribe to a series of events (for instance, all events that share a given tag).

93 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Dmitry Smirnov responded

We just launched integration with Integromat platform, which helps to build automated workflows. We also provide several templates for quick start, and one of them allows to copy Wild Apricot events into google calendar. So you can share this google calendar and you members can subscribe to it.

You can try the integration by this link https://www.integromat.com/en/integration/2276-copy-wild-apricot-events-into-google-calendar

Help page: https://gethelp.wildapricot.com/en/articles/1653

Blog post with video tutorial: https://www.wildapricot.com/blogs/newsblog/2019/02/14/create-integromat-scenario

7. Change Field Type For Existing Database Fields

I should like some flexibility to be able to change field types for existing database fields.

For example I have fields which are current defined as text. However members give different responses to the question in terms of capitalisation, abbreviations etc which make the behaviour of the search on data in that field erractic.

I'd like to be able to change such a text field to a picklist.

The database would still store a text value but the choice available to new members would be restricted by the list. Existing membership records would continue to hold the existing data until…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Family/child memberships

We are providing a web site for our cub parents and scouts and scout parents and we find we have say 2 parents and their 2 children as 4 members, but the parents and children share a family address, the younger children do not have their own address nor do mothers or fathers want the children to have gmail addresses or things like that, so allowing multiple members with one email address would be an improvement for us. A username and password of their choosing preferable to one WA generate.

The situation also arrises where parents would like email to…

206 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

70 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Change the default image size for picture fields and make it customizable

I am using the Image Upload as part of my Registration Form. This image has a Max Size of 110 X 110 which appears very small, and there is no way to enlarge it. I encourage members to use the Photo Albums to upload additional images because these images in the Photo Albums do display a little larger. The main profile photo is what you see in the Member Directory and it is too small. It would be nice to have a click/mouse-over feature to make the image display a little larger. Thank You.

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Logo field for Events

Include a field for event logos in the Event form that can be displayed in the listing and other communications regarding the event

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Gadget to display member images (logos/pictures)

I would like to be able to insert a widget-like window on any page, or in the header/footer area, that would scroll the logo images from member records.

The window would simply scroll the logos as links to the member. Ideally, administrators could provide a title for the box (ie "Our Members" etc.). Adding search capabilities would allow us to create different scolling sets as well (ie one box could be all members, another could be based on location - state, province, city etc.)

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Gadgets  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Charts and visualizations

We're always looking for ways to make Wild Apricot more useful, and also more exciting and fun. One thing that can actually do both is the use of graphs and visualizations. They're handy to track progress of your activities, and can also be put into sideshows and reports. We've had a lot of people ask for a way to quickl summarize their organization in a series of charts

Like anything cool and fun (and useful!) it can take a while to develop them, and there's nothing we dislike more than spending a lot of time on something that doesn't meet…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ability to donate during membership application/renewal or event registration

Current features:
    Visitors/members are not prompted to make donation while they are performing other payments (e.g. membership renewals, event registrations,etc)

Desired features:
    Admins have the ability to enable donations to be made during event registrations, membership applications/renewals or other payments.

361 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're considering to take Donations during registrations/applications into development right now, but during analysis of the feature we ran into an issue where we would love to hear your feedback.

Essense of question: how would you like donations during applications or registration to be processed for offline payments (when your member/prospect decided to get an invoice and pay later)?

Some more details:

We can implement donations during event registrations/membership renewals for online payments - not a problem. 

But when we're talking about offline payments, straighforward solution seems to be a bit expensive - we don't have invoices for donations or pledges yet.

So right now we're considering going on with straighforward online payments solution (donation will be added to payment transaction) and for offline payments - just include an invoice memo to buyer to add $XXX to his payment as donation for event/membership he has selected. 

This way administrators would…

14. Tags for blog

Yes i ditto that--we need to have tags available for our blog posts. This is a basic feature of blogs now that greatly improve the user experience as well as one to rank in google for keywords/tags.

133 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

57 comments  ·  Blogs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add limitation by Groups to Registration Types for Events

Current behavior:
    When creating a registration type it can be set to everyone, members, or members of a selected membership level

Desired Behavior:
    Create the ability to limit registrations to members of a group. This way admins can create a group, for example board members and make sure that only they can sign up for board meetings or executive events.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Late Fees on Renewals

Currently:
    Memberships that renew have a renewal date associated with them. If the member has not initiated the renewal after the date, automatic actions can take place, such as changing the membership status, etc. Actions can progress over days: for example at 7 days the membership might change status to Pending Renewal, and at 14 days be archived.

Proprosed:
    Along with these changes, a "overdue fee" could be added as an extra cost fee. Depending on how much time has passed since the registration date, the admin could choose to apply this charge as a flat amount. For example, if…

102 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Customize event registration form for each reg. type

In Events, I'd like to have custom registration forms associated with each registration type instead of one single registration form for the whole event (all types). This would allow me to create more complex event registrations. Example: A three-day conference has two types of registrants (Individual and Professional) at different prices. Each one has an early-bird price as well. In addition, each one can choose to register for one day, two days, or all three days -- all at prorated prices.

To do this today, I have to create separate events for Individuals and Professionals, then customize those event reg.…

215 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

87 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Event gadget formatted as Mini Calendar

I have the listed events gadget already in use. What I was wanting was a mini map that would show dates, and the viewer can click on the date and get specific events happening on that date. I also want to show the current events gadget as well on the home page.

I would like to have a gadget that shows a working "Mini Calendar" like the one below for the home page.

Something like this:

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Separate macro for day of week, month or year from the Event_Date macro

We would like a date macro that just contains the date, i.e. 5th February 2010 and does not have ", Friday" added at the end as Event_Date does at present.

We use this in our event announcements emails like this:

You are invited to {EventTitle} to be held at {Location} on {EventDate} starting at {Event_Time}

and having "Friday" inserted in that sentence makes little sense.

Best regards

Ian Tilley

worthing and adur chamber of commerce
    www.worthingandadurchamber.co.uk

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here