Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

New Admin role for financial transactions management

It would really help if there was an additional level of access I could assign to my administrators to view details on transactions and payments which currently only top level admin can do.

I don't want to give my lower level administrators top level rights but I would like them to be able to do tasks such as print transaction lists and set account status to payment complete - membership active in the payment settings following receipt of a manual payment.

8 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

lighthouseDMlighthouseDM shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Charles CongdonCharles Congdon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our Treasurer uses Quickbooks to keep track of our club finances. Exporting financial activity to Quickbooks from with Wild Apricot is currently a full-admin only function. That shouldn't be necessary to get all these data into Quickbooks.

I can see that issuing refunds/discounts for events or memberships might require some special admin privileges for treasurers. But it doesn't follow that they need to be able to create events, create or administer forums, change website templates, or change membership fields just so that they can do a Quickbooks export (or other money-specific things).

• NathanNathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For the time being, I'm setting up our Treasurer as the Donations manager, as I think that will provide a lot of the access he needs.

For our purposes, the event managers and membership managers will likely handle most of the refunds and so forth for their respective areas. Our treasurer mostly just needs to be able to access the records, download them, etc.

• Dmitry ButerinDmitry Buterin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The issue is that finance manager might need detailed access to original transaction records, possibly with ability to modify them and generate updated invoices. So it's not as simple as accessing the Finances tab (I think) - though the idea itself makes perfect sense since we have many clients with a dedicated 'treasurer' role and/or 'bookkeeper' role.

So I would highly appreciate ideas on what kind of access these roles should and should NOT have.

• NathanNathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is it possible to add "Finance manager" to the current membership manager, event manager, donations manager, and website editor?

It would be nice to be able to give access to that tab only to people who needed it. I can't find a way to do this currently.

• JerryJerry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have found the grandularity of the Administrators to be lacking in several areas. But related to the Treasurer, it is non-existant. Our membership admin keeps up with membership and collects the monies and reports them to the treasurer. In our case, the treasurer never touches the monies, not does he/she have any responsiblity over the membership and member data. In an organization the size of ours (over 2000 members) separation of duties is imperative to pass our audits.

In our case, the membership admin verifies the member application, accepts the payments and deposits the monies (similar role is anticipated in online payments - just more of a reporting role) Reports are prepared and sent to the Treasurer monthly.

The treasurer then compares the reported income from membership to the deposits made in the bank accounts. The treasurer role is more like a read only version of the membership admin as it is currently defined. The way we've had to implement currently is give much more authority to individuals than is desired or needed in order to allow each role to be able to function.

• lighthouseDMlighthouseDM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, exactly! This would be for the organisation treasurer.

Will update this thread once the new release has been reviewed.

• Dmitry ButerinDmitry Buterin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have been thinking along these lines.

This would essentially be the treasurer, am I correct?

This make total sense, though I would like people to review our new financial management module once we receive the version 3.5 end of August - so that we can figure out all the screens/functions to enable/disable for this role.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7