Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Birthday Emails

It would be nice if we could have a function where a system email went out to someone on their birthday. We could get that information from the member profile.

26 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

DawnDawn shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Bart & Joan HowellBart & Joan Howell shared a merged idea: Photographs  ·   · 
    Duncan ToddDuncan Todd shared a merged idea: Automated birthday messages  ·   · 
    brilaw53brilaw53 shared a merged idea: Automatic emails sent on birthdays to members.  ·   · 

16 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Paul BrownPaul Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to be able to generate a list of all the April birthdays, for instance. I don't see any realistic way of doing this, where it was incredibly simple to do it in open office or even excel!

• Duncan ToddDuncan Todd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An absolute requirement for my organisation - please consider implementing! We share birthdays across our full membership base and afford all members the opportunity to wish each other a happy birthday. Thanks.

• marykathrynmarykathryn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Birthday emails are a great way to show appreciation to members and let them know we care. As we know, members want to know they are appreciated which equals happy and growing membership numbers. Please make this an option in the future! I don't think making members feel appreciated should be considered " too far from our current product plans"

• JensJens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not sure if this has been decided, but it's fairly ridiculous that one cannot produce a report of birthdays of membership by month. Am I missing something?

I get that automated e-mails may be a bridge-too-far... But a simple report of birthdays by month would probably solve most use-cases.

Unless I'm missing something, 1) this seems like a no-brainer and 2) it seems like it's fairly effortless -- we can already create a report of all birthdays in, for example, August 2015 (for all of our members who are about to celebrate turning three months old).

• Ed TEd T commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I got a happy birthday from my dentist and thought it was very cool; clearly generated by his practice software but even though i know that still was a nice "personal" touch Invested some time and figured out how to make mailchimp do it and send a happy birthday message with a free coupon. Keep getting "thank you" emails from people who think that somehow I personally did this for them - well I did - kind of. The stumbling block now is I have yet another database (mailchimp) that I need to track and keep updated. Have WA do this would be soooo much easier - it really encourages customer loyalty!

• cspringscsprings commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For my organization I want to assign a region membership flag (NY, NJ, PA) based on the state or zip code.

• RobinRobin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Dimitri,

One of the things that I do is send each of my members birthday wishes in the month of their birthday (usually the last Sunday of the previous month). To this end I have a field which is their birthday date this year. This allows me to have a saved search for all birthdays next month or this month as applicable. This means that every year I need to update the birthday date for the current year as well as recalculate the recipients age for the birthday email.

Currently I download the membership list into Excel, add in the calculation columns to calculate the updates and then import back into the member data base.

All very cumbersome, time consuming and error prone.

Ideally we have fields in the DB that are based on the values of other fields in the DB using standard Excel like functions.

This would also be useful for concatenating and substringing character fields

• pirateworgepirateworge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is it possible to allow an automated email to be sent to members on their birthday? It would be a simple email, with a macro to change the name, but that would be sent on each member's birthday to wish them a happy birthday.

Thank you

• RobinRobin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We send out birthday wishes emails to our members. In the contact DB we have fields containing date of birth (month, day and year)

Ideally we have a function in the email editor of calculating a value based on any of the contact fields

eg

Dear {Contact_First_Name} {Contact_Last_Name}, all the best as you turn {Current_Year - Contact_DOB_Year} on {Contact_DOB_Month_Full} {Contact_DOB_Day}

Ideally Contact_DOB is the date of birth and the DOB_Year and DOB_Month_Full and DOB_Day are extracted from that so that the above line resolves as

Dear John Smith, all the best as you turn 45 on August 24

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7