Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Limit guest registration to members only

Our members love the ability to register guests for events. However when an event is members only, when members register guests, there is no member look-up or verification that the guest being registered is also a member.

I know I can restrict the event so guests cannot be registered, but this feature is really helpful for our couples that share an email --- one can register both of them under the same email when using the guest registration option. And when a member wants to pay for multiple attendees on line in one transaction, they can do that this way.

So currently we have to manually look up all guests to make sure they are actually members when registered for member events.

I would like the system to verify membership for guests when an event is designated Members Only.

Alternatively, perhaps a new category of guest can be created such as "register another member" vs. register a guest. The terminology "guest" is confusing when used in conjunction with a members only event, since members sometimes assume that means a non-member guest is OK.

9 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

skipatskipat shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Chuck PenaChuck Pena commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a very important issue for us too. Have to build workarounds and it basically comes back to the system is built on trusting your members to do what they are suppose to do. We tell them to only register a "guest" that is an active member. I believe the admin can look at the list of registrants and if you collected all information including email, you can easily tell if they are a member or not.

• GailGail commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our association could really benefit from this. We have couples that want to register for an event and pay in a single transaction. As our events are members only, we need the verification that the guest is a member so we can't use the guest registration feature. This feature would be a real benefit to our membership! Thanks!

• skipatskipat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any update on this?
        Our need is not really to limit guest registrations to members only - it depends on the registration type. If it's a member only type (member price), we need to make sure they guests are also members to qualify for that price.

• MeaganMeagan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a great idea and we would too support the development of this. At the moment we simply don't enable the guest registration since it's such a pain to look up members' status.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7