Skip to content

Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

3364 results found

1. Allow to set specific sending time for automatic event emails

I would like to have the ability to modify the event notification email reminder time. As currently designed, the notification goes into the queue 30 minutes before meeting time. This doesn't mean it goes out at that time so members are getting the email 9-12 minutes after that, whichi gives a 20 minute notice. The reason we put an event reminder on the day of the event is so people don't forget it and ensure it's part of their daily schedule. This 20 minute notice does not do that especially considering our meetings go out to members across the community…

99 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

33 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Creating More Dynamic Web Pages - Database API Required?

I would like to be able to pull individual data fields from the contact database and insert them dynamically within my content. This would, I feel, make pages more dynamic, reduce my workload, allow a high level of personaliation of member content and, I feel, enable member websites to become a little more sticky, creative and innovative. What do you think?

For example, I'd like to personalise content for each chapter/member but the content would be the same for each chapter/member. With the current system every time I create a new piece of content I then have to dupliate that…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Ability to post past events

It would be really cool if WA could have a gadget that could present the recent past events, much like there is a gadget to present upcoming events. That would help major for what we are doing.

• jl
    11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Simplify contacts and saved searches - easy rename or update searches, combine Contacts and Members tabs

would like option to rename: sometimes after you've done a search you realize that a different name would be better or you make a minor change to the query.

104 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re looking into this request in much broader context – we want to simplify overall management of contacts, lists, saved searches. Saved search should be perceived as smart lists and provide quick access to various contact and member groups.

5. need different receipt for membership/event

It appears that we have 2 customizable receipts:

Payment receipt

Donation receipt

However, we would like to give different wording on receipts for membership versus events. Our memberships are tax deductible, so we need to include our non-profit, tax deductible blurb on that receipt. But it could be confusing for someone who pays for a class, as those payments are not tax deductible. Any chance for help on this?

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. would like Renewal date to move forward to payment date

As currently configured, a member who renews during the grace period retains the same renewal date, incremented by the membership period (1 year in our case). But if they are lapsed, the renewal date bumps forward to the payment date + 1 year.

We would like to have all overdue and lapsed renewals bump forward to the date they pay. This is an issue for us because we are generous with giving people a fairly long grace period (60 days). It seems unfair that someone who renews 59 days late still has the same renewal date the next year, but…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. multiple choice with extra cost - needs more mgmt options

We would find "multiple choice with extra cost" much more useful if it had a few more features. We find we always need capacity and the ability to close a multiple choice option without deleting it. We hold an annual conference with many extra choices for social events and luncheons at extra costs. We run into WA problems for example when In the last days leading up to the event, we have to close some of the multiple choice items(caterer needs last head count), but we can still take general event registrations. Or, we may have an offsite tour and…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Event receipts invoice - event registrations without the address fields.

Event receipts

Receipts can only be set up to include members addresses. Most of our paid registrations are non-members so when they receive a receipt it doesn’t have their address on it.

I know I can get around this by adding address fields to the common fields in settings but for most of our unpaid events the address is not necessary and only makes the registration process unnecessarily longer. Also when we get our VIPs to register for free at our events it is sometimes inappropriate and certainly unnecessary to ask for an address.

Is there any way around this?…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ability to Search Custom Event Registration Fields

I would like to request that WA consider in future updates the ability to search and filter contact and event registrants via custom event registration fields. I am using WA to manage a large state conference and have our pre-conference sessions built into the event registration and would like to email just those people, but there is no way to filter those folks out without exporting to excel. This would make managing larger events with more complicated registrations easier.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Sending test emails to manually defined email addresses

Currently when working with email drafts it is possible to send a test email to check how it looks, make sure links work correctly etc.
    This email goes to the email address you logged in as, it would be very useful for this to be selectable so I could send it to a few people (manually entered every time, let's not get complicated here). Some like the way the Constant Contact preview facility allows test emails to be sent would be perfect.

Regards,
    Ian
    worthing and adur chamber of commerce
    http://www.worthingandadurchamber.co.uk

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. ability to sort in the forum by last in first posted

Some observations from the field:

I understand WA is working on a major architectural back end redesign. Well appreciated.

And, I still think its one of the best non profit, membership-turnkey solutions out there..

At this point, I do have to speak up, and suggest you implore some of these real easy enhancements asap before we loose ground.

Easy stuff like having the ability to sort in the forum by last in first posted ? So common .. in fact in practice on WA forums. There are many other examples in this "wish list" that are easy, and logical.

While…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Forums  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Macros in the Email Editor

Whenever we view an email in the system, any macro appears with a yellow highlight. When we go into edit mode the highlight goes away and we only have the curly braces (as in {macro}) to indicate where the macros are.

However, if a database column has its header changed, all macros that refer to that column now fail quietly and the {incorrectmacroname} and its curly braces are sent to the recipient. This looks very unprofessional and it would be good if we had a better way to detect the error.

How about: Wherever a text string surrounded…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Membership-specific administrators

Each of our membership levels has a different staff person as a liaison. We'd like the bulk/group emails and other functions to come from/be associated with the designated staff liaison rather than from our general account administrator email/account. Without this feature we are forced to use our generic info@ email address as our administrator account email. This gets very confusing and cumbersome because we don't want our program assistant to be bombarded with all these emails that she then has to sort through and forward to the right person on staff.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Print Member List

I need to have a hard copy of all of our members to keep onsite at the club for check-in. Our format is one printed page per member to allow for handwritten notes, record guests, etc. Is there a way to print the member list, or suggestions for how to export the info?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Database for things that members own

I have been tasked with adding a special database to our Wild Apricot site.

We need to list details of the boats that our members own and I would dearly
    like them to be able to update the info on their boat themselves (it will
    save me a lot of work!).

I would like to have quite a large number (around 30) customisable fields,
    some with free text entry and some with drop down menu choices.

I need to add at least one photo, preferably more, to each record.

It needs to be searchable on any field.

There would ideally…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Remember Last Doc-Photo Subfolder Used

When I add one photo to a page, then another, the search always starts over back to the top of the Directory folders, I have to click back down to the sub-folder I was in. Please make the Document and Picture searches remember the last directory used.

Thanks!
    Rick

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Finding primary company contacts (or bundled administrators) using the simple search

Our Membership managers want to locate primary company contacts (or bundle administrators) using the simple search screen.

When you have a many bundled administrators with many linked (or children) records. It’s difficult to find the primary member contact (or bundled administrator). I know you can use advance search but this involves extra steps when searching on a day-to-day basis. In our case bundle administrators are the primary member contact which is used frequently.

The functionality is relatedly simple, in fact works exactly the same as finding an system administrator.

My suggestion for the Contacts / Simple Search page is to…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. purging document and pictures files

It would be very useful if there were some way to tell if a particular document or picture in our WA database is linked to something on a page somewhere on our site. I'm sure we have pictures and documents which were used at one time but are not used now. I'd like to get rid of them. Would use less space and make the management easier.

Thanks.

GEM

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Create NEWSLETTER from Web Pages

After I add/update the web pages, I would like to extract the data to create a NEWSLETTER and send it in a BLAST EMAIL to our MEMBERS. It would be Great if a MACRO was created where I could insert a list of URL NAMES that would be sent with the Email and opened when the Recipient opens the Email. This would save much duplicate work of manually creating the NEWSLETTER.

It is IMPORTANT that I can select the URLs since every web page is NOT updated every month.

I suspect that many other administrators would also appreciate this feature.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Show restricted access page in menu but require password to access

Right now whatever you want to protect or restrict access to, you have to put it under a "Restricted Access" functional page.

And whatever that is in that page is invisible, unless you log in.

Two suggestions/wish list....

1. Capability to designate each page whether it is to be password protected or not, without putting it under a restricted functional page. Having to create pages under "Restricted Access" limits flexibility and intuitiveness in arranging the pages.

2. Have those password protected pages menus be visible, even without logging in, but require password to proceed any further.

Thanks.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base