Skip to content

Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

3364 results found

1. Situations and scenarios for not using financial module

In our 4.3 release back on Dec 14, 2011 we have changed payment workflow - it now always goes through the following steps:start the transaction (e.g. event registration), fill out appropriate fields, confirmhave the invoice generated and displayed on a special page which lists full history of invoices and payments, highlighting open invoicespay for this invoice right away - or proceed to another transactionBefore 4.3 release, people had no ability to see invoices, only administrators was able to do it.

New workflow resolves many frequent requests we had, including: People can pay for several invoices with a single paymentThey can…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Limiting discount codes

In a previous event registration system I used, I could create coupon codes and then limit the number of times it could be used. The way that I used it was to create each of my sponsor companies their own code, and then limit it to however many discounts they were allowed (i.e. one level of sponsorship gets 2 free attendees to all events, so I would make the coupon be a 100% discount and limit it to being used twice).

Right now, it appears that you can do ONE coupon per registration level. I prefer not to do that…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Import Program Should Not Include Hidden "Notes" Field

There is a field called Notes that is an internal use field. This field is "hidden" in the sense that is does NOT show up in the Contacts or Members fields lists.

This causes confusion because upon import, the import program will attempt to match an imported field name of Notes to this internal use field called Notes. This causes confusion because the admin doing the import will not remember creating a Notes field (because they didn't) and won't see it in the Fields lists (because it isn't there).

I would HIGHLY recommend you either add this field to the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Notes Section in Page Management

Wouldn't it be great if there was a multi-line notes section in each Page management menu area so admins could make important notes to themselves about each specific page?

I think so. It could look something like this and even use a vertical scroll bar for notes that went beyond a few lines:

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Private Calendar that Members can link with their icalendars

Currently this is not possible for a private calendar due to password protection. However I know other software gets around this so only members can subscribe to a calendar. Is it possible this could come to Wild Apricot?

Thanks!

Pat

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Database Fields Custom Validation - e.g. regular expression, IBAN Bank number, phone

While I am pleased with the site overall, it's clear that it does lack some features that I consider essential, although not critical.

One such feature is field validation of database records.

Currently there is very limited field validation.

I would request more robust import and user entry field validation capabilities to keep data clean. Without this capability, the database very quickly starts to contain garbage fields.

For example, currently a user may enter their phone number in any format they choose, including completely invalid phone number entries. The same is true for zip code fields and others.

100 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Discount Coupon Codes Reporting

We are using discount coupon codes both to drive attendance at events and to drive membership. Our marketing model incentivizes the sales reps who call on our target audience to sell our events and memberships. When someone uses that rep's code, they get an incentive payment.

Currently the only way to track who used a given code is to manually open each code and report on it. This becomes quite burdensome with 40 or 50 sales reps involved.

We would request an upgrade that consolidates the reporting for these -- either:

1. A discount coupon report that shows the member name,…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ability to Customize Password Reset Email

We'd like the ability to customize the Password Reset Email that is sent to users to let them know if they reset their password it does not change their password for all of our other systems as the registration site (wild apricot) is not integrated. It is a separate system.

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Half year application fee

Hi,

Not sure how this can be done. Our social club year runs April 1st-March 31st. Members joining between January 1st and March 31st pay a half year fee.

Is it possible to set up a defined $x fee (not pro-rated, a fixed fee) for the period of January 1st March 31st? At this point, members joining in today have an outstanding balance of $2x, a full year fee.

Thanks a lot,

Nicole

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Simplify adding event into my calendar - e.g. attach calendar invitation into emails or suggest to add on the last screen

I'd like to be able to attach an ical (Microsoft Outlook Calendar) file to event registration confirmation emails as I do not like to include all of the details of the meeting/webinar/training on our events page since it's open to the public. I've ran into issue in which attendees do not register since they have all of the information needed to attend. This would greatly help in encouraging registration and provide them the ability to add the details to their own calendar. Thanks!

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Guest Registration - Need Variable Pricing Options

Dear Wild Apricot and Users,

I represent a small non-profit that uses WA to put on conferences with 80-100 exhibitors, 500 attendees and roughly $50,000 in sponsorship.

We need a variable pricing system for guest registrations, where say a range of guests for each registration type are one price and another range is another price. Such as: Guests 1-2 are free, but Guests 3+ are a given price.

This is why we need this service, from our perspective: At our conference, an exhibit booth comes with two registrations, but after that, we want people to pay $150 for additional registrants.…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Include "no entry" participant detail on Registration Fields report

Currently this report does not provide participant names for those without data entered in the field(s) requested when you generate the report.

This would be helpful, since now the event manager has to go back to figure out which registrant is missing the data. We use this field frequently to ask for roommate preferences on trips --- often people don't have one at registration time, so it is left blank.

I know we can force an entry by making the field mandatory to make them say something there, (or export to Excel) but it would be much simpler if the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Customize all emails sent from WA using centralized email library

We can customize some alert emails, such as activation and renewals, but cannot customize the password reset email.

Request the ability to customize all emails sent from WA. Thanks.

86 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ability for department managers to register multiple members and pay for them in one transaction.

I would like to see added the ability for department managers or administrators to register multiple members and pay for all of them in one transaction. It may be possible to add this feature to the group bundle administrator settings. Currently, the group bundle admin can add as many new members as the association allows for one price. Maybe instead of one price, the system would mulitply the number of members added and charge the admin accordingly. Any other admins out there looking for this kind of functionality?

We currently have a spreadsheet that a group admin can fill out…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Using macros in a page content

Could you consider a feature by which administrators can add MACRO's to the members only pages similar to the features available to us in confirmation emails?

I remember reading somewhere in the help area (and I cannot find it now) where one can add "Welcome [[INSERT NAME HERE]]" to the members only home page but I remember the process being quite tedious.

When my members login, I like to have a simple message that says

Welcome [[name]]Your [[membership level]] expires on [[Renewal Due Date]]

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Member Log-in Pop-Up

It would be awesome if we could have a pop-up message to appear when members log in. For example, we would like for existing members to update their profile upon logging in. I don't want it to display everytime they log in so we would need to be able to control how often or when it displays.

Thanks!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Joining Fees, dynamic pricing and membership upgrades

When a dynamic pricing field has been added to membership fields to act as a one-off joining fee, this should not appear if a member upgrades from one level to another.

Furthermore it would make much more sense to add a one-off joining fee to the membership level itself and have check boxes to determine if it is on new application only or also on renewal and also when member changes level. Simple and easy to administer.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Printable and Downloadable Custom Reports e.g. Member Directory

Please make the custom report layout feature printable. This would work well for printable directories, group information, etc.

Our group is trying to make a directory in a PDF format that is searchable and may be printed by those who prefer print.

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Record how a member joined

Hello!

I'd like to see functionality so you can tell how a member joined. (i.e. they were
    manually added by an administrator, or they joined online)

Thanks!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Display tags in event listing

It would be great to display the tags (labels/categories) assigned to each event in the published event listing and or calendar. I would like to make these tags visible to the public when registering, as they contain information that is potentially useful to the registrant.

I looked the online guide and forums, but could not find an answer to this question. A simple check box when setting up the event (Display tags for this listing? Check here) would suffice.

Steve

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?