Skip to content

Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

3361 results found

1. Manual donations or pledges

A big selling point for my board in adopting WA is that I promised them that we could accommodate all kinds of payments for new and renewing members. I have found two areas where WA does not currently do what I expected:

• for donations, there is not manual payment option, only online. My most financially capable donors are older and really, really like getting an invoice and mailing in a check On the whole, I love WA! These, and a few other little feature/functions are the only issues I've got. And, user support has been fantastic. I'm in the e-commerce…
    32 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Block Comments entirely/hide "add comment"

As I stated in the wishlist thread for Job Modules, I had originally hoped to use the blogs module to manage our jobs postings, since they're relatively infrequent, and since it has an RSS feed, but at the time it didn't look like the "Add Comment" could be shut off, and we definitely don't want comments with job posts.

I went back and revisited this, and when I switch all the possible visitor types to 'Read', the 'Add Comment' is still visible to the public. I can log in as a member, type out a comment, and click the button…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Blogs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Mandatory email in Bundle Memberships

When a person is added to a bundle membership, I want to make it mandatory that there be an email address.

Without the email address, I see no way for that person to be able to logon.

I understand that it used to be mandatory and that the decision was made to change that.

If nothing else, the end user/site admin should have the option to make it mandatory.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add and manage xml sitemap for SEO

Bing, Yahoo! and Google all recommend a site map be submitted to their crawl services in order that URLs on a website are brought into their crawlers' awareness. Otherwise the bots generally rely on quantity of cross linking from other sites and for many of our members this is very hit or miss — resulting in many member page never making into SERPs.

We would greatly appreciate some mechanism for adding and managing XML site maps for all, or better yet, specific pages of a WA member site.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks to Barbara, here is current workaround:
    --
    TO ADD A SITEMAP.XML to a WA SITE:
    Create a new folder under file mangement called sitemap.
    Then upload your site map to this folder.
    Sumbit your site map to Google, it will look something like this yoursite.com/resources/sitemap/sitemap.xml

A good place for free google sitemaps is:
    xml-sitemaps.com

5. Different Form Options for Guests

I am hoping that someone will be able to tell me how to do this, perhaps a workaround I haven't thought of?

We are trying to use WA for our conference registration and are having issues because we include hotel stays with our conference fees. Basically, we register attendees by group so they are either ALL members or ALL non-members. Great because the primary contact can register all of their board members/staff at one time and the system knows that they are members so their pricing will be correct. For each guest, their fee goes up $250 and for each…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Adding "Read more" link to event details

Hello there,

We sometimes have events that have many speakers for which we give bios of each. This can make the event description quite lengthy. In order to shorten the event description so that it's not so overwhelming for the potential attendee, it would be great to have the ability for a "Read more" link within the event description. That way, if someone wants to read more about Jane Doe's life, then he/she can just click the "Read more" link and be taken to a separate page just for that person. Right now, I could create a content page underneath…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Automatic invoices for admin-initiated membership level changes

When a member opts to change membership level the system automatically generates an invoice.

However if the member sends in a cheque so that one of our admin staff does the membership level change, no invoices are generated automatically.

We have a stripped down free member level that we hope encourages people to become paid members, however, the workflow as it stands now makes it very easy for our admin people to just miss the invoice step so that the member will never be charged the new rate.

I'd like to see invoices automatically generated for membership level changes (if…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Customizing Donation receipt - adding previous donations

Is it possible to print all the donations given by a donor on one receipt with dates. Right now we can only print one donation given per donor on one receipt. I was also wondering if we could add all the donations and put in a total donations given for year.

Thankyou,

MA

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Show new messages / comments since last login

Our forums are languishing because our members say there's no easy way to tell what conversations are active. We need a search function at the top of the forum that includes things like:

-recent posts

-active topics

-unanswered posts

Basically, the forums need a major upgrade in order to be useful. The only reason we haven't moved to a different forum software is because we want to maintain one login for our members.

Thanks.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Blogs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Email Subscription Widget

Welcome the new email subscription form page. But it would be great to be able to present this as a Wild Apricot widget in any desired website page, as with rest of Wild Apricot widgets. Many membership-/social network-based websites have a quick and easy sign up widget/box on their main pages. Hope to see this as a Wild Apricot widget soon! For you Wild Apricot website administrators, please endorse this with your comments below.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Widgets  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Events: Pin an event to top of list

I would like the ability to pin an event to the top of the Event List when viewing the listview version of events (not calendar view). Some organizations have one or two events (e.g., Annual Conference) that are really important and they always want them displayed at the top of the list -- all year long.

Kim

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Member Directory: Disable access to profiles

Several of my clients have multiple directories on their sites. On certain directories (not all), they would like to be able to prevent visitors from clicking on an entry to view the member details/profile screen. On other directories they do want visitors to be able to click through.

It would be nice if there was a simple checkbox on the Edit Settings screen for directories that could be checked to turn off/on the link to the profile screen for all entries in a particular directory.

Kim

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Provide membership or event discount by matching email domain

Greetings,

I would like to know if you could create a way to link only the email's domain to a membership.

I am the Director of Education for the World Trade Center in Denver, CO, a 501(c)6. Companies become members of the WTC Denver to help them import, export and to attend our specialized classes on conducting international trade. When a company becomes a member of the WTC Denver all of their employees receive the membership benefits.

Example: One of our members is MillerCoors. MillerCoors has several thousand employees within their company making it unrealistic for me to enter each…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. See which pages link to a page I'm managing

Hi,

A nice addition would be to see what pages link to a page I'm working on. For example, if I copy or rename a page, I may forget what other pages link to the original - potentially resulting in dead links. Can't always keep it all straight by memory.

Plus as a volunteer organization, we need a tool that can help provide reliable info when it's simply not feasible to document every detail of a website somewhere else.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Show address field in Member Directory

Is it possible to have 5 fields in each column on the Search results layout?

This would enable a member address, city, state, zip and country to be in one column, rather than split across 2 columns.

~~ or ~~ can we add the city, state, zip to be one field ?? that would also help solve the address from flowing over two columns.

We currently publish a paper member directory and would love to get away from it by having it available here.

thanks a bunch,

Patty

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Bulk import of attendees

We sometime invoice institutions for a group of attendees. It would be great to have an excel file that can be imported per event to populate the list of attendees.

107 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

51 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Team Mobile responded

Hello everyone! 

Seeing your activity on this thread we would like to present you with three new templates using the third-party app called “Integromat”. They could help you to: 
    - Copy an event with registrants 
    - Export registrations into a Google sheet 
    - Import registrations from a Google sheet 

These need a short one-time setup and then you’ll be able to do the actions above in just a few clicks! 

For more info see our blog: https://www.wildapricot.com/blogs/newsblog/2019/04/30/event-registration-integromat 

We absolutely understand this is not a solution but more of a workaround for this request, so we won’t close this thread. But feel free to share your thoughts about these templates as well! 

Please note, these workflows have some limitations and might not suit everybody. But we hope they will make your life a bit easier.

17. Member registration incomplete email

working on migrating client site to wa, and while testing their current site - I started an application but did not complete it. nice little feature to add or consider for wa. incomplete application gets an email notification when idle for over "x" time or when session expires?

Dear member,

We noticed that you started but did not complete your sign-up for the "XXX XXXXX" membership. If this was unintentional, please click below to try again.

Click here to try again

If you have additional questions before completing your membership feel free to reply to this email with your questions.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Future-dating blog posts

I would like to have a feature added to the Blog module.

In many cases, I will write several blog posts at once, though I would like to have them post in different dates in the future. I am able to do this on blogspot and it is really handy if you want to set up regular posts, reminder posts, etc. and keep the action going!

Would you consider that the blog-post would only post on the (activate) day that is used in the top of each post?

Thanks in advance,
    Patty

103 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Blogs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Capture info prior to accessing certain web pages

We would like to require that people complete a form before being able to access a specific page on our website

We want to post an online workbook and video series but want to know when people (and who!) are accessing the page. We would want to require that they complete a form before being granted access to that page. (And preferably allow cookies to be stored so they can come back without having to complete the form again.)

Thank you for your consideration.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Functionality to generate physical letters

My organization is not going to go entirely digital. I need to generate the occasional physical letter. The idea is that in addition to being able to generate ad-hoc emails, I want to be able to generate ad-hoc physical mailings. But they are not really ad-hoc; they correspond to points in my organization's processes that do not map to WildApricot. I want to store templates for these letters in WildApricot; when the need arises, I would like to be able to ask WildApricot to instantiate a template I pick for a member I pick. I can do the printing and…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base