Skip to content

Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

3371 results found

1. Add "Anonymous" Commenting Option to Profile

Currently, anyone commenting on a Forum has their name displayed with their comment. The only way to comment anonymously is to remove all outside access to the profile.

On the premise that people might be more willing to participate in a Forum if they could easily create anonymity, adding a profile option to permit anonymous commenting would be a helpful feature.

An alternative approach might be to direct the commenter through a process allowing removal of their name, substituting of a "nickname" or simply "anonymous" to identify the commenter.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Forums  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Limit guest registration to members only

Our members love the ability to register guests for events. However when an event is members only, when members register guests, there is no member look-up or verification that the guest being registered is also a member.

I know I can restrict the event so guests cannot be registered, but this feature is really helpful for our couples that share an email --- one can register both of them under the same email when using the guest registration option. And when a member wants to pay for multiple attendees on line in one transaction, they can do that this way.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Family/child memberships

We are providing a web site for our cub parents and scouts and scout parents and we find we have say 2 parents and their 2 children as 4 members, but the parents and children share a family address, the younger children do not have their own address nor do mothers or fathers want the children to have gmail addresses or things like that, so allowing multiple members with one email address would be an improvement for us. A username and password of their choosing preferable to one WA generate.

The situation also arrises where parents would like email to…

206 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

70 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Customize event registration form for each reg. type

In Events, I'd like to have custom registration forms associated with each registration type instead of one single registration form for the whole event (all types). This would allow me to create more complex event registrations. Example: A three-day conference has two types of registrants (Individual and Professional) at different prices. Each one has an early-bird price as well. In addition, each one can choose to register for one day, two days, or all three days -- all at prorated prices.

To do this today, I have to create separate events for Individuals and Professionals, then customize those event reg.…

215 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

87 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Twitter Integration

We're looking for the ability to automatically update twitter any time someone posts an entry to the blog.

Seems Twitter already has some basic API's for this.

Thanks!

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Blogs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Inserting Gadgets in eMails like upcoming events or recent blog posts

Very glad to see the gadget feature just introduced.

Is it possible to insert the gadgets into emails generated through WA? This would be great for newsletters etc. and would save us the need to use a separate service to read RSS feeds etc. We could then start to consolidate our mailing list into WA as contacts (more $$ for you guys!)

179 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

56 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Ability to track volunteer hours

We are a swim club:

It would be fabulous if we could have members submit their volunteer hours on the website. Once approved (yes, they were there) by event organizer, the total volunteer hours would be tracked with their membership info. The administrator could query how many volunteer hours each member has put in.

We require that each family donate 40 hours to the club per year or pay a higher membership fee.

97 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Custom macros for email blasts

Currently
    Some organizations have positions like president, vice president, treasurer etc who are used int he signature lines of emails. The holders of these positions might change frequently (annually). This means that someone might have to be responsible to go through all emails and change them so that the name of the new person is used as the signature.

Proposal
    Give administrators the ability to create custom macros. These would be then be assigned a value as part of configuring the macro. Admin could then define what types of emails these should be available to (Membership, Events, All etc). When…

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Tags for blog

Yes i ditto that--we need to have tags available for our blog posts. This is a basic feature of blogs now that greatly improve the user experience as well as one to rank in google for keywords/tags.

133 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

57 comments  ·  Blogs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Page access restricted to event attendees

Currently
    You can control page access so that web pages you create are visible to Anybody, Selected Membership Levels, Groups, or just Admins.

Desired
    Sometimes people want to create a web page that has materials or information that only pertains to be people who have attended an event (handouts, itineraries, promo codes, pictures). In these cases you would want to have the ability to say Choose "Event registrants" and then select the event(s) from a list.

At present this would only work for member who attended an event, but it might be possible to make it so that when a…

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Auto-login from e-mail links

It would be great if a macro could be built that could be used in an e-mail where the recipient simply clicks on a link and they are automatically signed in and directed to their membership profile. Currently, there is a macro that will direct the recipient to their profile, but they still have to manually login to get to it.

Anything we can do to simply the process for members who aren't super computer savy would be great. Having the macro automatically log them in would be a great enhancement. Thought I would post this to see if others…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Calendars that sync with Google Cal or Outlook

Calendars that sync with Google Cal or Outlook

Right now, parents on our ski team must manually click each event to "add to my calendar," but since we have as many as 2-3 events per week, that is a burden. Instead, they would love to subscribe to a series of events (for instance, all events that share a given tag).

93 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Dmitry Smirnov responded

We just launched integration with Integromat platform, which helps to build automated workflows. We also provide several templates for quick start, and one of them allows to copy Wild Apricot events into google calendar. So you can share this google calendar and you members can subscribe to it.

You can try the integration by this link https://www.integromat.com/en/integration/2276-copy-wild-apricot-events-into-google-calendar

Help page: https://gethelp.wildapricot.com/en/articles/1653

Blog post with video tutorial: https://www.wildapricot.com/blogs/newsblog/2019/02/14/create-integromat-scenario

13. Automatically update existing links when page is renamed, document or picture is moved

It would be helpful if all existing links within a web site are automatically modified when one changes the name of a page. This would avoid broken links. Thanks

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Late Fees on Renewals

Currently:
    Memberships that renew have a renewal date associated with them. If the member has not initiated the renewal after the date, automatic actions can take place, such as changing the membership status, etc. Actions can progress over days: for example at 7 days the membership might change status to Pending Renewal, and at 14 days be archived.

Proprosed:
    Along with these changes, a "overdue fee" could be added as an extra cost fee. Depending on how much time has passed since the registration date, the admin could choose to apply this charge as a flat amount. For example, if…

102 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Different durations for the same membership level

Now that WA can accommodate memberships of different lengths (in years), we want to offer a menu of options such as 1 year, 2 year and 5 year membership lengths.

Right now, everyone who is a member has a 1 year membership.

It looks like I could add 2 and 5 year memberships which NEW members could sign up for, but I don't see how to offer my current members the option to renew for longer at their next renewal date. When they renew, it's automatically going to be for 1 year.

Is there a way that each time a…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. New Gadget: See who is currently logged in

Desired:
    A gadget where members who are currently logged into your site are displayed.

There would be a list of those who are logged in, with links to their profile pages. Members would have the ability to indicate if they want to be included in this gadget, and for those that do their field-level privacy settings would be respected.

This could be used to show visitors to the site, or logged in members (by putting it in a member restricted area), who is currently on the site which can help encourage communication between people (by using the Member contact form,…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Gadgets  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Change the default image size for picture fields and make it customizable

I am using the Image Upload as part of my Registration Form. This image has a Max Size of 110 X 110 which appears very small, and there is no way to enlarge it. I encourage members to use the Photo Albums to upload additional images because these images in the Photo Albums do display a little larger. The main profile photo is what you see in the Member Directory and it is too small. It would be nice to have a click/mouse-over feature to make the image display a little larger. Thank You.

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Event Calendar Filter / Search on public side

I was hoping to see if there is a way to publicly search event calendars on wild apricot through basic or advance search criteria filters. Eventually I would want the public to be able to find an event by city/location or member profile association.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Notify Administrator about attempted but failed Donations

Unless I'm configured wrong I am not being notified when someone attempts, but ultimately fails,in making an online donation.

They could fail either because their credit card does not go through properly or they simply close the PayPal page. Although the transaction shows up in Wild Apricot as a Pending Donation it would be great if I could also be notified by email like a pending payment event registration.

I always follow-up with a phone call to these pending donations, but sometimes I miss them if I'm not emailed about it.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Defer payment until application is approval

I think it would be helpful to have an online application with an option of deferring the membership fee until the applicant has been approved for membership.

This would allow them to complete an application, which would enter the system as a Pending status. Once they have been approved, and the record is marked as Approved, then they would receive an email requesting that they then pay for the membership.

Our group has certain guidelines that must be met for membership. There are also other documents (proof of insurance, etc) that must be sent in for review. Once these items…

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

For now, this is not something we’re going to change – not sure if ever.
    Workaround to use: create a special “entry” free level to apply to, and close “normal” ones for application. For the entry level, create also a dropdown field where a potential member can choose a level they want to apply to. Add other fields you need to assess the application. When application is successful, your admin is to change membership level to required one and generate membership invoice (membership upgrade invoice). The member will be emailed with the invoice and can pay.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base