Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Calendars that sync with Google Cal or Outlook

Calendars that sync with Google Cal or Outlook

Right now, parents on our ski team must manually click each event to "add to my calendar," but since we have as many as 2-3 events per week, that is a burden. Instead, they would love to subscribe to a series of events (for instance, all events that share a given tag).

20 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Brandon Hayes-LattinBrandon Hayes-Lattin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Paul MatteoniPaul Matteoni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! It appears that "Frank", a WA developer, had started to work on this until Google changed interfaces.

I also vote for the linkage between WA events and an external calendar (e.g., Google Calendar). Besides the integration with individuals' calendars, one can embed Google Calendar within a Web page.

As far as I know, WA doesn't have a "calendar at a glance" feature.

• Jon RenebergJon Reneberg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is very important to us! As we transition to WA from our current site, many members have expressed a concern that they will not be able to link our calendar to their phones via Google Calendar. This our biggest barrier to the transition, and we'll likely continue to use Google Calendar for our event management until WA integrates this function. The add to my calendar feature wont push events to them the way Google does.

Please let this community know if we can help develop this!
        Thank you.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

100% want this feature! Our club is event base driven so having a calendar that syncs to a mobile device is critical for keeping our members up to date on last minute changes along with having everything we offer at their finger tips. Does anybody have a work around in the mean time? I know individual events can be easily added to calendar but I don't believe they update if they are changed. Is there something I can suggest they use relating to the RSS feed and an RSS feed app as an alternative? Thanks!

• webmasterwebmaster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have a large number of members who would like to "subscribe" to our calendar via the CalDAV specification.

As an example of how this might work, MLB offers this feature so that a follower can receive the contents of the calendar for a specific team's schedule in the Calendar apps on a Mac/iPhone/iPad by subscribing to ‘webcal://mlb.am/tix/rays_schedule_full’ which is the site “serving” the schedule in an iCal format. During the subscribing process a user can choose how often the calendar is updated thereby getting changes without having to manually refresh the calendar.

This is a request that seems to be coming up more and more often. Thanks!

• lcoppolinolcoppolino commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would like the ability to export the entire event calendar at once, to an Excel/csv file; currently can only export events one at a time to a calendar format. This would allow us to check all the specifics for all the events, compare each event that is repeated, without having to go into each registration type to check dates and details.

• joev2joev2 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to see this feature. Almost all of our membership activity centers around our schedule of events, so it would be great if members could sync our calendar with theirs! I didn't get a chance to try the demo script, but just to be explicit, let me put in a plug for doing this in iCal/.ics format, since that seems to be the most broadly supported.

• Frank aka Fresh ApricotAdminFrank aka Fresh Apricot (User Experience, Wild Apricot) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Brandon and Meagan - Your request inspired me to create an experiment which I have posted on our customization forum (see link below).

The script will successfully export all your events (in bulk) to Google Calendar (or iCal compatible calendars).

Script: http://forums.wildapricot.com/forums/308920-archive/suggestions/8834731-bulk-import-wild-apricot-events-into-google-calend

• MeaganMeagan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a great idea and has our support as one of those wish list items....we certainly would make use of it if it were a feature you added!

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7