Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Change the default image size for picture fields and make it customizable

I am using the Image Upload as part of my Registration Form. This image has a Max Size of 110 X 110 which appears very small, and there is no way to enlarge it. I encourage members to use the Photo Albums to upload additional images because these images in the Photo Albums do display a little larger. The main profile photo is what you see in the Member Directory and it is too small. It would be nice to have a click/mouse-over feature to make the image display a little larger. Thank You.

44 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

TneewillTneewill shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

32 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jim BostickJim Bostick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

110 px is too small. We should be able to define both the thumbnail size and allow for users to click the thumbnail to view larger

• MaryAMaryA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Feb 12 2016 proposal would work really well for us. We use sponsor/member logos in multiple places and gadgets around our site. They look terrible in 110x110. Would love to see this asap!

• BruceBruce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would work perfectly for our needs. Please implement asap!
        We would like to offer our members the ability to post ads (images) in the directory.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The changes put forward on July 20 would be perfect for our club, we need to maintain a database of vehicles and need larger pictures. Customisable size and linking to original pictures will be very handy and create a more streamlined profile as using the album is a little clunky as the pictures are for admins benefits not members.

How about allowing the user to crop the image to fit to the size/ratio requirement? Other social media sites provide a draggable guide that allows the user to select the zoom/ratio area of the photo that best fits the size requirements.

Yes! Finally!

110x110 was like living in the dark ages. Profile pic upload should work like Facebook or LinkedIn!

• BeardoBeardo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great to see this is coming along.

Skip the small, medium, large. Let the admins just set their wanted size. No need to have default values.

Great to have the original picture saved and a new thumbnail generated. How about an "overlay popup" for members browsing the directory and clicking on the image? The "new window" could be a solution only to admins in the Admin CP. That would be a little bit more "design oriented" and convenient from the members perspective.

• Gwyneth MossGwyneth Moss commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our two wild apricot sites are intended to help the public find and choose our members who are therapists.

A bigger picture is needed to make the profiles look more attractive.

Also to have the person's name in the url slub and in the google seo title description. We have built these sites to drive traffic to our members. Even after CCS tweaks the profile layout is disappointing even though the overall site looks great. There is a lot of wasted space and the page layout is poor.

• KevinKKevinK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a way to hover over a picture in a web page and make it larger ?

Please add this to the next update

• PopoAggiePopoAggie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am a prospective Wild Apricot customer. Everything I see about this solution would work well for our organization except the picture size. It is the only thing holding me back because I know our members will want to post images larger than the ones allowed on the profile pages. The slide show will work okay for some images but I need the ability for members to include a picture and a description under it. The Internet is now a visual beast and I can't believe this functionality isn't available on WA. It seems like a simple thing to incorporate, and with limits on image size, I don't think it would require a lot of bandwidth to incorporate. I mean my comments sincerely and I'm genuinely regretting that I won't be able to take advantage of the WA if there isn't some way to include larger profile images.

• BeardoBeardo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Amazing! I love to burst thresholds…

I am looking forward to this. I think this is an important feature, since it is for social platforms.

Currently I have taken WA to its very limits in customization and have several insights from a designers viewpoint.

I am willing to give my perceptions to your team if wanted.

Cheers.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7