Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Ability to track volunteer hours

We are a swim club:

It would be fabulous if we could have members submit their volunteer hours on the website. Once approved (yes, they were there) by event organizer, the total volunteer hours would be tracked with their membership info. The administrator could query how many volunteer hours each member has put in.

We require that each family donate 40 hours to the club per year or pay a higher membership fee.

41 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

kim484kim484 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    webmasterwebmaster shared a merged idea: need some additional gadgets and/or decorative windows to use to call out exclusive announcements.  ·   · 

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jon HartJon Hart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Critical must-have functionality for most clubs or associations. In our case volunteer hours are required as part of a membership.

• KimberlyKimberly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature would be very helpful to our organization. Tracking volunteer hours by project/event and by member is much needed to show the impact our organization has on the community through the service we provide. Our club is only 80 members and last year, we reported over 22,900 hours manually through a spreassheet, which is very labor intensive. I'm sure we had more hours if only there was a better way to track them electronically.

• KenKen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our members also are required to do volunteer hours in exchange for some of the benefits they receive. We track on a calendar year basis and there are a multitude of opportunities, which events could easily handle, we simply need to verify attendance and be able to calculate either in real time or via a report. It would be great to be able to email the member an update on their status once a quarter.

• webmasterwebmaster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

we need a volunteer hours tracking system desperately that ties to the member accounts. we keep track of all of our member volunteer hours and it would be wonderful if we could incorporate this into wild apricot to help with member recognition of time dedicated to the cause. needs to be able to tie to a specific event and also back to the individual member - broken down in WHOLE hours. the event could have a place for volunteer signup and also once signed up, actual time reporting with ability to create and export meaningful reports at the end of the event.

• Peter HahnPeter Hahn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a feature that would be extremely useful in our organization!

We are an art society and each member must volunteer at least 20 hours per year to show their art. It would be great if they could track it online on our WA site. Grant funding is also based on total membership volunteer hours, so being able to create summary reports would be fantastic!!

• Evgeny aka Apricot KernelAdminEvgeny aka Apricot Kernel (Product Manager, Wild Apricot) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Merged into existing thread. You're speaking about tracking hours, aren't you? Correct me, if I'm wrong - I will move it to another place

Speaking about horizon: we have this thread showing all our current plans and development status, check it out - http://forums.wildapricot.com/forums/308932-wishlist/suggestions/8827717-roadmap-2015-plans-releases-expected-dates

• scooterscooter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

even the most basic tool that would allow non-manual integration of volunteer data with other member data (event participation, member type, etc.) would be huge! Last blog I saw said not too soon, but that was May 13...anything on the horizon now?

• Barbara TorresBarbara Torres commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am part of a non profit, managing a small town museum. We operate with a totally voluteer staff and minimal funding. In order to qualify for grants and validate the need for covering operating expenses....its imperative that we be able to track the amount of hours our volunteers are spending on museum and conservation activities. I am thrilled to know that Wild Apricot has such an extensive and well thought out management system available and a decent price. My only drawback is in this critical area of being able to track the amount of participation from our members and volunteers. Any efforts toward providing this crucial piece of the management puzzle is GREATLY appreciated.

• Mary TanMary Tan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At work, we have this kind of time tracking http://www.timedoctor.com for our employees. It monitors our work hours and also our activity.

Depending on how you will be able to use it, I think that should also work well for this kind of situation. That increased our productivity. I believe it should do the same for you.

• Evgeny aka Apricot KernelAdminEvgeny aka Apricot Kernel (Product Manager, Wild Apricot) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate
      • MarieMarie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree that this is a much needed function and would increase WA's usefullness 10,000 fold. Presently we are using a combination of Excel and FileMaker Pro. It makes it very difficult to have all your membership information in 3 different applications, but for the time being this is what we need to do to get the functionality we need.

Hope you can add timekeeping sooner rather than later.

• JasonJason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a much needed feature.

Tracking volunteer hours is a core function to my organization. If Wild Apricot ever implements such a feature, my organization will sign up instantly. Wild Apricot has so many great features, I can't wait to start work with it!

• Dmitry ButerinDmitry Buterin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We do not currently have anything like this and while we have volunteer management functionality in our sights, it would be a while.

• MarieMarie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a way to track the time volunteers spend doing a particular job? Could we use a calendar and have them clock in and clock out and then assign the time to a particular job? Could be real helpful and even support the writing of grants because it would give us factual information from which we could work.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7