Skip to content

Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

3369 results found

1. Tracking message sent to registered members from visitors

"Send Message" feature is great feature that we requested for about a year and we eventually got it this August. Thanks very much for that!

Now we are looking for an additional feature to that:

We really want to track how many visitors ahve sent message to our registered members - we want to track the lead that our website generated to our members - a number to attract more new members for sure.

When visitors send message to the member, we would like to receive a copy of the message - it's that simple.

We think most of WA…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Installments / Payment plans for events and memberships

Could Wild Apricot users offer their members an introductory trial rate for, say 30 or 7 days, followed by, say quarterly or six-monthly payments to spread the cost over the year?

That is very helpful during a recession, when many WA website users will find revenue dropping as their members cut back. To be able to spread payments looks very attractive to new prospective members: four quarterly payments of $10 is much easier on the budget than one payment of $40.

The introductory trial could be free, or at a pro-rata cost for 30 or 7 days. During the trial…

239 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

176 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Purchase of concurrent subscriptions e.g. have members on multiple levels

Create an option to allow a member to maintain two or more concurrent subscriptions for a paticular site. This is useful if you running a site and selling a subscriptions for information.

An exmaple of this is that I run a site that sells repair information. A customer signs up and then can choose to signup for Automotive Repair for $50 or Airplane Repair for $100 or both for $150. We need to keep the infromation and forums seperate and only limited to the actual subscribers.

My understanding that we can only have levels of a paticular membership, not concurrent…

114 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

54 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Concurrent membership is not something easy to implement - it would require fundamental redesign of how membership works in WA. However, I have couple of thoughts here that I wanted to hear your feedback on.

As I understand, there are 2 sides of the problem: 

1. Collecting additional dues for services. E.g. Member is associate and board member, so you need to collect both dues.

- This can be addressed using our extra fields functionality. Maybe it's a bit clunky, but it should work. E.g. setup associate member as primary membership and add extra charge checkbox for being a board member.

- You can easily filter down any members you need with advances search by that extra field.

2. Setting correct permissions on website pages - here there's no workaround we could suggest, but adding permissions based on saved searches seems to feasable option.

Am I missing something? Will the…

4. Ability to use date range for date-type fields

The database column "Renewal Date last Changed" is essential when we need to send out membership cards and other new member items.

I produce member cards twice a month - once for the first half and then for the last half of the month. Any time on or after the 16th of the month I extract all those with a renewal date of the 1st thru the 15th and then after the first I extract all those with a renewal dated of the 16th thru the 31st.

Given the current tools, this is a tricky selection that requires two criteria…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Show event time on Calendar RSS feed

On the RSS feed for calendar events, the event title shows the date of the event but not the time as in:

It would be really helpful to show the time too such as:

or even

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Advanced options for event registration types pricing

We are finding the we would like to have sub-registration items available under main registration types. Hopefully, other will see a need for this. Here is what we are looking for.

For instance, we set up an event and want to offer a exhibitor only pass as a registration type, however, we want to charge a daily rate for this pass. So similar to how the registration form "multiple choice with extra cost" function works, we would like the registration type to work the same way as follows:
    Exhibits Only Registration (no price listed)

The user would select one or…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Display members as a tag cloud using custom fields as tags

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but several of my members would like to have their membership searchable based off of certain meta tags that they can define. I would love to see a criteria in the membership profile for member imputed meta tags.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Gadgets  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Member Certifications / Achievements / Courses

Hi,

Great software – life just got easier ;-)

If you’re looking for new things to add then my suggestion would be something for Achievements/Courses. Basically they would work a lot like events except they go against a “Member’s Achievement History” (new concept).

So, some of the function points might be:

· New Functional web page type with a Page Template of “Achievements Calendar”

o Access to Selected Groups

· Achievement Settings

o Achievement E-mails

§ Email Event Triggers (Registration, Approval, Rejection – to Member and/or Mentor/Trainer, Achievement End Date – to Mentor/Trainer)

· Achievements

o Add Achievement

§ Registration…

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Event Registration / Donation form to update contact profile

I noticed that the contact fields automatically get loaded to event registration forms which is a nice feature and saves the user time when registering.

I'd like to request that updates made to contact field information by individuals who are "recognized" users of WA be back loaded to their permanent contact record.

For instance, if someone sees an error in their contact field information (like mailing address) while registering for an event and they update that field (like their mailing address or phone number) while registering for an event, I'd like that change updated to their permanent contact profile record…

82 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Need to limit Group Participation field access by membership level

When editing membership fields, we cannot set the membership levels that the "Groups" field applies to. We can edit any other membership field of type text, and we can say it applies to certain membership levels only, but not for the field that has groups. We have a new membership level that is for "Friends" of our organization, and they are not eligible to join groups. We don't want to mislead them. What to do?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Provide reporting on member logins

I'd like to have the ability to get more data on recent logins. Currently, the dashboard displays "most active members" but I think a "recently active members" feature is equally if not more useful. I'd also like to be able to see more than just the top 5 results for these categories.

I think this would be beneficial for monitoring campaigns or promotions. Right now we are trying to get members to use the features of our new site or just log in at all, so if we put together a promotional email, for instance, "The top 5 things you…

245 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Free trial period for membership

I would like to offer a free trial access period for all payment levels. Rather like Wild Apricot does, but not necessarily for 30 days. Paypal offer this delayed action payment and it works very well. You can choose how long the free trial period is, and then the payment automatically kicks in.

Asking people for money upfront puts a lot of people off.

111 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Merged multiple thread into this one. Please, vote (click Vote button) to increase its priority

13. After-Event Materials Link for Presentation Documents

It would be great if there was a logical place to add a copy of the presentation and any other event documents after the event is over so that members can download them (especially for those members who couldn't attend the meeting). Is there anyway to do this?

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Importing from old blogs into WA blog

We have a blog page on our site. It would be very handy to import all articles from an outside RSS feed. Is that possible already now? Thanks!

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Blogs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Integration with external email systems like Constant Contact, Mailchimp

Constant Contact just launched AppConnect -- a destination for software providers, and developers who want to integrate or connect an application to Constant Contact. AppConnect gives others access to their web service APIs so they can create tie-ins with their contact and reporting data. Constant Contact gives their service away to many non-profits and chambers of commerce. At present, companies export email lists out of W/A and into Constant Contact. The downside is the extra work involved with moving the data and keeping both data sets up to date; plus the "email history" is being lost from the member's record.…

97 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

60 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Provide ability to set group join policy by each group

I keep wanting to love Wild Apricot. But time after time I run into limitations that truly make no sense to me. I am glad that WA instituted some other way than Member Level to limit access to Restricted Pages. That was way too limiting. But the way Groups work to limit access is an all or nothing affair because of the way Group Participation works.

Let's start off with an example of various groups you might have in a HOA: Board Member, Volunteer Group, Newsletter, Swim Team, Tennis, etc. Now let's say that you want a restricted page for…

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. New field type - rich text formatting

It would be a nice feature to allow the members to bold, underline, italicize and make list using this word processing control for thier descriptions.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow Member profile Access Control by Member Level

Bottom Line: The matrix for controlling "Access to Others" for Profiles is insufficient. Currently the only choices are: Anyone, Members and No Access. We need another layer between Anyone and Members. This way we can use the full functionality of Wild Apricot and control access to information by delineating between the Public/Prospects and all real Members.

Discussion: What this is about is how Wild Apricot allows us and our Members to control access to the information they provide in their profiles and how they and we control everyone's privacy.

We have created two member levels:

In…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. New admin role - membership manager limited to specific groups or levels

Hi,

I'm currently setting up a club membership system on WA and would like to know if it is possible to assign people as admins of a group. Basically we have little mini clubs for our regional members and these are looked after by a local member for that area, I would like that member to have access to only the members in that group and put members in and out and the like. They would also need to be able to email that group and it would be nice if they could manage the web pages associated with that…

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Transfer attendees between different events

Our organization has multiple events that have the same content. After registering, some attendees need to transfer to a new date. I'd like to see a simpler way of doing this other than re-registering the attendee manually under the new date and then deleting the old registration.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base