Events - my members own widget(s) for their own website
WISH LIST: with EVENTS I would like a solution to make it possible to place a "widget" of a single member's events on their own website. In other words, if we have say 500 members in total as an example, specific members could have this widget to display events on their website of ONLY their own events they have entered on our website (or by tags if they want to include other member events as well, but first things first).
This could be a serious win win situation as it would help Wild Apricot clients (all of us) with a viable selling point of why to renew their annual dues (as they are using the calendar on their own website and administering it through their login through our member site) and it also provides them with an easy to use calendar to replace their own current calendar (if they even have one, which most people don't).
My wish list $.02 worth, but I think it would benefit us all to add another component to strengthen our own online communities.
Keith Rice commented
We have similar requirements to Shelby .
1. We need ability to select a membership level that would enable creation of an event.
2. Ability to post these events automatically or select an option so that events need to be approved by an Admin before they are posted.
3. ability for the member to select events by "tag" and have them automatically load into their calendar .
Halcyon Waters Community
I would appreciate input from others, especially on p. #4
Shelbi Hoffman commented
My client is Chicago Cabaret. Here's a link to their site with the existing calendar:http://http://chicagocabaret.org/calendar.php
They are switching over Wild Apricot to manage their membership database and will incorporate information in their existing site via widgets.
They currently allow their members to post their performances on the event calendar. The Wild Apricot event calendar does not work for them because only administrators are allowed to post events.
I envision the following:
1. ability to select which membership levels are allowed to post to the calendar or select an option that allows the public to post
2. ability to post these events automatically or select an option so that events need to be approved by an Admin before they are posted.
3. ability to post a link to a venue or the performers personal website
4. registration - give the option to run registration through WA and designate the member that posted the event as the event administrator, or just provide a link to a third party site to handle registration.
Thanks for posting Shelbi. Can you give us as much detail as possible about their situation? What kind of events, who should be able to post, any moderation, how to handle registration etc.
Shelbi Hoffman commented
I have a client that would also like the ability for members to add their own events to the event calendar.
Sounds like potentially useful idea - apparently we have to implement member-submitted events first ( http://forums.wildapricot.com/forums/308932-wishlist/suggestions/8825554-members-to-be-able-to-submit-events-3764 )
I would appreciate comments from others.