Wishlist

Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Email notice distribution

We would like to be able to specify individual members (rather than administrative roles) to receive specific system-generated emails (rather than ALL emails for membership, or ALL emails for events).

The system generates a lot of emails. For instance, there are initiation emails for membership sign-up and renewal; completion emails for membership sign-up and renewal; reminder emails for memberships that are expiring or have lapsed; and so on for events.

We have volunteers who work on membership and events who shouldn't have administrator access, but who should be able to get emails when someone signs up for a specific event,…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Member registering on behalf of another contact but not being an attendee themselves

We use Wild Apricot for the registration of training sessions, seminars and the like. There are many occasions that we have a person's assistant or secretary that will register their manager / team leader for a event on their behalf. The issue is that then the assistant/secretary is also registered for the event and this is not accurate and throws out our attendee numbers (for registration limits and catering, etc).

We are open to alternatives in achieving this - ie if a member could remove themselves from an event or (preferred) to be able to register a guest/contact/member without registering…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Maintain cursor position switching to/from HTML view

If you wish to fine-tune something by switching to the HTML view while editing a page it is a major task to find the right place. Can you place the cursor in the same position when switching to/from the HTML view to make this easy?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Undelete

Ability to undelete anything that has been accidentally deleted.

The system needs to be robust, and this means ability to roll back accidental changes.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Create NEWSLETTER from Web Pages

After I add/update the web pages, I would like to extract the data to create a NEWSLETTER and send it in a BLAST EMAIL to our MEMBERS. It would be Great if a MACRO was created where I could insert a list of URL NAMES that would be sent with the Email and opened when the Recipient opens the Email. This would save much duplicate work of manually creating the NEWSLETTER.

It is IMPORTANT that I can select the URLs since every web page is NOT updated every month.

I suspect that many other administrators would also appreciate this feature.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Report for Updates

When emails are returned as undeliverable and the changes are made a daily report of updates made by administrators so the email could be resent would be helpful.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Automatic invoices for admin-initiated membership level changes

When a member opts to change membership level the system automatically generates an invoice.

However if the member sends in a cheque so that one of our admin staff does the membership level change, no invoices are generated automatically.

We have a stripped down free member level that we hope encourages people to become paid members, however, the workflow as it stands now makes it very easy for our admin people to just miss the invoice step so that the member will never be charged the new rate.

I'd like to see invoices automatically generated for membership level changes (if…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Include event tags in export of invoices for events

We're loving WA, and we think it's really going to work!

The one thing we're finding a bit strange is that Event Category tags work fantastic, but they don't show up anywhere in reporting.

Furthermore, it's impossible to export a list of events and see any sort of financial data.

It would be fantastic to have event included in the list of invoices and export of invoices

Then if we could export this with financial data that would be top!

Cheers

Adrian

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add "Anonymous" Commenting Option to Profile

Currently, anyone commenting on a Forum has their name displayed with their comment. The only way to comment anonymously is to remove all outside access to the profile.

On the premise that people might be more willing to participate in a Forum if they could easily create anonymity, adding a profile option to permit anonymous commenting would be a helpful feature.

An alternative approach might be to direct the commenter through a process allowing removal of their name, substituting of a "nickname" or simply "anonymous" to identify the commenter.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Forums  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Change position of any contact/member form field

Currently the member form fields are shown vertically one under another on a page. How can we move any field we want to any position on the page?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add a Report Post link in Discussion Forum Posts [7490]

I see a Wish List about forum moderation. But I would like to see a "Report Post" link in every post that would allow any reader to report the post to the site owner. Nothing fancy. Just click the link and a message comes up that says "This post has been reported to the site administrator. Thanks for your concern". The admins would then get an email or maybe it would show up in a section in the dashboard that would let the admins investigate any posts flagged by users and then they can decide whether to edit, delete or…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Forums  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Set Both Background Image and Color for Site

It would be nice to be able to specify both a site background color and image, so that the color will show while the image is loading.

We have a relatively large dark-colored background image. While it's loading the background is white (default) and then it suddenly switches to the dark image.

This is a small polishing detail but it seems relatively easy to implement (I hope).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Change Default Picture/Avatar

How do I change the default picture/avatar that shows when a member doesn't upload one?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Photos / Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Enable "No Access" Forum Setting for Public

Hopefully this is a small change, but a useful one.

I would like to create a forum for private discussions among Board of Director members.

So as not to rub it in members' noses that there's a forum they are excluded from, I don't want it listed in the Forums List page.

So I restrict it to members of the Directors group.

Good: Members can't see it in the Forums list page.

Bad: Public visitors can see it. So can Members if they log out.

This thread http://forums.wildapricot.com/forums/308929-general-discussion-and-questions/suggestions/8825143-how-do-i-restrict-forum-access-to-members-only explains the reasoning behind disabling Public No Access. That's fine if you…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Forums  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Background Pictures/Watermarks

I have no trouble with adding a picture or background colour, but is there a way that we can add a picture, but fade it so that it is just lightly in the background?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Photos / Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Control which saved searches to show in the list

From what I've read so far through the apps we are not able to create new searches or modify existing searches that have been saved through the desktop version of WA. Could there possibly be a way to add a checkbox on the full version of WA searches to show only those searches in the app? We have a lot of internal searches that don't necessarily need to be included on the app, but it would be nice to be able to reduce the number of searches in the app list to only those that are deemed necessary for our…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Icons/previews for page templates or master templates

We're considering a small improvement that would add previews/icons of page templates and or master templates instead of the current drop down list.

But before we invest time/energy into researching a solution and developing it, we wanted to confirm if any users actually had problems with the existing dropdowns during their initial setup or for regular updates.

Any comments for or against this change would be appreciated!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add automatic links to "Subpages of Parent of Currently Displayed Page" (siblings)

I have a box on each page with links to other pages, and currently the options for automatic links in this box are:

Of course, I can add links manually.

Often, however, I would like to be able to add automatic links to the other child pages of the parent of the currently displayed page (for instance, under "Members Only" parent, I might have a half dozen child pages, and would like to provide automatic links to these pages in my little helpful box).

Can we have an option "Subpages of Parent of Currently Displayed Page"? This would be really…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Discount for Attending Multiple Events

Hello!

We have departments that would like to offer attendees discounts for registering for multiple events. Can you group the events so that when more than one is chosen, a discount is given? We think this would increase interest and attendance at our sessions.

Thank you!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Easily resizing a picture by dragging a corner

I'm not finding this to be very intuitive as with a wix.com site. I'd like to just insert the picture and than drag a corner to adjust the size. Am I missing where to access an option like this?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Photos / Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Wishlist

Feedback and Knowledge Base