Wishlist

Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Date/time stamping for member internal notes.

Hi, Good morning!

There are always multiple opportunities to create internal notes on a members account, following contact or interaction with a member - just as you might do with CRM and contact management software.

These notes relate directly to the members account, including contact and support provided to the member. It is extremely important to have an internal notes section that includes simple time-stamping, display and tracking abilities. The current implementation of lumping them all together into a memo field has been cumbersome and time-consuming to manage. The ability to keep and track effective notes is essential to any…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Dwolla payment processor [13232]

Can WA check out "Dwolla" as a possible payment provider? At $0.25 flat fee per transaction, having them as an option for payment processing instead of the other percentage-based processors would be very helpful for us, and I'm sure for other cash-strapped nonprofits using your platform.

Thanks!

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Online payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Group donations by year

It would be helpful if we could group our donations by fiscal year.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Donations / Fundraising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Twitter Integration

We're looking for the ability to automatically update twitter any time someone posts an entry to the blog.

Seems Twitter already has some basic API's for this.

Thanks!

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Blogs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Notify Administrator about attempted but failed Donations

Unless I'm configured wrong I am not being notified when someone attempts, but ultimately fails,in making an online donation.

They could fail either because their credit card does not go through properly or they simply close the PayPal page. Although the transaction shows up in Wild Apricot as a Pending Donation it would be great if I could also be notified by email like a pending payment event registration.

I always follow-up with a phone call to these pending donations, but sometimes I miss them if I'm not emailed about it.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Donations / Fundraising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Organization Chart

Current situation
    No way to automatically create Organization charts

Desired
    Simple way to create Organization charts

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. option to easily unsubscribe from all emails

When people hit the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of an email, it would be good, as a checkbox option on the page they land on, to allow them to unsubscribe from all emails, not just newsletters. I suspect some of our contacts will not be happy if they still receive event notifications when they intended to unsubscribe fully. I don't think that one should ask them to login to do this (from their full profile). At present, we will need to manually check for these people and remove them from other mailings.

PS. It would also be good if…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Creating More Dynamic Web Pages - Database API Required?

I would like to be able to pull individual data fields from the contact database and insert them dynamically within my content. This would, I feel, make pages more dynamic, reduce my workload, allow a high level of personaliation of member content and, I feel, enable member websites to become a little more sticky, creative and innovative. What do you think?

For example, I'd like to personalise content for each chapter/member but the content would be the same for each chapter/member. With the current system every time I create a new piece of content I then have to dupliate that…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. multiple choice with extra cost - needs more mgmt options

We would find "multiple choice with extra cost" much more useful if it had a few more features. We find we always need capacity and the ability to close a multiple choice option without deleting it. We hold an annual conference with many extra choices for social events and luncheons at extra costs. We run into WA problems for example when In the last days leading up to the event, we have to close some of the multiple choice items(caterer needs last head count), but we can still take general event registrations. Or, we may have an offsite tour and…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Control size and number of pictures members can add to their photo albums

We allow our members to upload photos into a photo album shown with their Profile. Our level allows each image to be up to 25MB and that is way too big for viewing satisfactorily and will also use up our maximum allowed MB in no time. We also have no way to limit the number of images in an album. The automatic features of limiting how many albums there are is nice as is the automatic thumbnail feature with a click to show the full image. However, we really need to be able to control the number and size of…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. add a visitors counter to our website

From time to time we receive questions at our support like "I want to add a visitors counter to our website. Telling a user: "Your are visitor number: #".

From design point of view and the current state of web development, visitors counters (or hit counters) are mostly considered as outdated, not used any more. But it still might be important for you and so I decided to create a wishlist thread to collect your opinions on that.

Please, share your thoughts!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Additional fields for posting events

Like the requestors in http://forums.wildapricot.com/forums/308932-wishlist/suggestions/8827369-additional-fields-for-posting-events , we have a bicycle club and are considering using wild apricot software. Our bike club (as do many others) list our rides with distance, speed, terrain and ride leader and leader phone number as standard fields. This lets potential riders decide whether an event is appropriate for them.Since we plan to allow individual ride leaders to post events, having additional fields will help them make sure all the necessary information is input.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Situations and scenarios for not using financial module

In our 4.3 release back on Dec 14, 2011 we have changed payment workflow - it now always goes through the following steps:start the transaction (e.g. event registration), fill out appropriate fields, confirmhave the invoice generated and displayed on a special page which lists full history of invoices and payments, highlighting open invoicespay for this invoice right away - or proceed to another transactionBefore 4.3 release, people had no ability to see invoices, only administrators was able to do it.

New workflow resolves many frequent requests we had, including: People can pay for several invoices with a single paymentThey can…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Change UI for "Date" Field Type - show separate year, month and day selection

In developing a membership registration form for our website, I am looking to include a "Date of Birth" field. However, the "Date" field type appears to only allow one method of entering a date. In our organization, there are many members who are older, and for whom the date entry requires navigation to their respective year of birth, which presents difficulty due to the method of data entry, and the propensity of our older members to be uncomfortable using computers.

(Admittedly, the calendar default of starting on today's date does lend itself to certain types of fields, like booking hotels…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow admin to record membership recurring payment starting from next renewal period

This may be specific to auth.net which we use. If one wishes to start recurring payments the apricot/auth.net process requires the initial payment to be made at the time the recurring payments are launched. We have run across multiple instances where we wish to start recurring payments at some point in the future but not credit the member's cards now. For instance we just had a case where someone had recently paid to join via check but for future payments wished to pay by credit card; Our alternatives are for the member or ourselves to remember to set up recurring…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. MYOB integration

It would be fantastic for Wild Apricot to integrate with MYOB as it does with QuickBooks. Thank you!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Ability to post past events

It would be really cool if WA could have a gadget that could present the recent past events, much like there is a gadget to present upcoming events. That would help major for what we are doing.

- jl

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Random photo gadget

A gadget to show one random photo from a selected photo album. The photo could be sized as needed and optionally linked to show the larger image in the album. Optionally, it could have subtext displaying the name of the member that contributed it.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Gadgets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Different Form Options for Guests

I am hoping that someone will be able to tell me how to do this, perhaps a workaround I haven't thought of?

We are trying to use WA for our conference registration and are having issues because we include hotel stays with our conference fees. Basically, we register attendees by group so they are either ALL members or ALL non-members. Great because the primary contact can register all of their board members/staff at one time and the system knows that they are members so their pricing will be correct. For each guest, their fee goes up $250 and for each…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Membership Categorgy restictions by age

It would be great if WA allowed the restriction of certain membership categories to be restricted by age. We have a number of membership categories which include Cadets (Under 16), Juniors (Under 22) and Seniors (Over 60).

It would make membership management simpler to either flag or prevent reapplication within the wrong category. Obviously a date of birth field would need to utilised to be able to allow this to happen.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Wishlist

Feedback and Knowledge Base