Skip to content

Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

3369 results found

1. Linking to documents

It would like the ability to link to documents within the default "link" panel rather then having "files" as a unique type.

The benefit of linking to documents using the "link" method is that users could select if the document should open in a new window (or not) and also select a button style.

Attached is a quick mock-up illustrating how this could look.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Create a process to write off bad debt

There presently is no defined way to write off a bad debt. If someone owes money and is no longer a member they can be archived but their bad debt remains in accounts receivable. Our solution to keep A/R in check is to create a tender called Bad Debt and then apply that as a payment. Though that works it falsely inflates payments received reports which treats it like money that came in. Soooo, need something like a system created bad debt tender that by default does not show up financial reports as a payment but as what it really…

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow a single registration type have multiple prices depending on date

Currently I have to create separate registration types for each discount code, of which we have three (student plus two types of presenters) and regular registrants, so four total. Add those to the registration times (early, regular, and onsite), and now I have 12 for a single event. Even when I hide the date-based ones, not only is it confusing and unattractive for the registrant, it is also difficult to manage with any little edit since I have to do it 12 times.

Ideally, there is a single registration option. The price reflects the date (early, regular, onsite) that I…

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow wordpress sign-on in other direction - when a user logins in WA, he should be logged in in Wordpress too

Under the present implementation if a member logs on to the wordpress site they will be logged on to WA. However, the reverse does not take place; a member logging on to the WA site needs to log on again to get into the WP site. Since wordpress offers tons of speciality pluggins I am using a wordpress site to complement the features that WA does not have (and likely never will) I direct logged in members at the WA site to the wordpress site to fill in these specialty feature holes but the need to double login presents a…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Integration  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow deleting all topics older than a certain date

We have some forums where there are 50 or more pages of topics - some of which go back 4 or 5 years. I know that topics can be deleted manually, but only one by one, and the way it works now, if you remove the oldest topic, it takes you back to the top of the forum.

I would like to have a way of removing all topics older than a specific date. This would allow pruning of the forum backlogs in an orderly - and much more efficient - fashion.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Forums  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Frank responded

Thanks for posting Rick, we’ll need more comments/supporters before we can proceed, but it’s a good suggestion.

6. Event Registration Settings defaults

I would like the ability to set defaults for Event Registrations, so that I don't have to click through several things that I always want to be the same for every event, especially (for me):
    Taxes:
    Multiple Registrations:
    Guest Registrations:
    For Guest Registrations:
    If Unavailable:

I'm sure there are others who always have free events, or always have the same limit, etc., so there should be the ability to set a default for each registration item.

It would be preferable if there was a page under the Events Section of the Settings page where I could set the defaults for…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow for end of month renewal deadlines instead of just the 1st and 15th of each month

Hello,

Our membership renewal deadline is September 30. It would be great if there was more choice in picking the renewal deadlines in Wild Apricot instead of just the 1st and 15th of each month.

Thank you!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow panel on left side of webpages in admin view to be narrower; not just hide or unhide

I would like to be able to control the width of the panel on the left side of site pages in admin view. I would like the ability to make it more narrow, not just hide or unhide it.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow for saving draft versions of blog post

I don't see a way to save a draft version of a blog post that I might be working on. As a result one need to make the post live even though you might need to make several revisions over a period of time to get it just right and truly ready for posting.

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Blogs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. continue generating new invoices even if member has not paid previous invoice

Presently we have WA setup to generate invoices on a quarterly basis. However, if a member is overdue in paying their invoice then their status changes, they are no longer considered active, and they no longer get invoiced at the next due date. In our business model we choose to continue to offer them services as we know they eventually will pay. When they then eventually pay the overdue invoice we presently need to manually generate invoices for billing periods that the system did not create invoices for. This can be a big headache. The solution would be an option…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for sharing, we’ll be collecting comments from others on this for now

11. Allow us to have as many of member renewal notifications as we want - not a fixed number of before, on and after emails

Because our members don't have access to funds until the renewal date, the pre-reminder emails are not especially useful. However, we would benefit greatly from having additional post-renewal date reminders. We need least two more post-renewal date reminders for a total of four.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow me to sort a members event registrations by event name or type when in "admin view"

When a member has multiple events in their accounts, as the admin I cannot sort the list of event registrations in any way. Should be able to perform a simple sort by function (either date registered, event name or event type should do).

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Usability  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Recurring events: separate registrations for each occurrence (e.g. monthly board meetings)

Original recurring events request was to complex for us to resolve in a single release, so we decided to focus it on a simple scenario where event can have multiple sessions, but event registration is one and for all - like courses. See http://forums.wildapricot.com/forums/308932-wishlist/suggestions/8825581-recurring-events-scenario-1-event-with-multiple for more details on this one.

Another important scenario is when event is actually a recurring series of events, but each occurrence of an event may have a separate registration and updated description of event. Example - monthly board meetings. Event is created in the beginning of year with a monthly recurring schedule, but each occurrence…

311 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

77 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. option to "not renew"

This might seem obvious, but is there a way for a member to choose to not renew their membership, archive themselves and thus stop the renewal reminder emails?

Each year about a third of our organization ages out but we don't know in advance who they are so we can't proactively archive them on the admin side. They get annoyed when the first renewal reminder emails start showing up, and their first reaction is to bombard the membership chairperson with requests to be removed from the email list. It's a pain.

It this isn't possible, do you have a suggested…

107 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Blog Enhancements

Blogs can be a versatile tool for posting news and announcements. A number of features have been suggested to enhance this but they are scattered around the Wishlist. Perhaps they should be consolidated?

1. The one I would like is the ability for the Recent Blog Posts gadget to include the full blog post for the first few. So in addition to the "Show last 5 posts" setting there would be "Show full text of last 2 posts." This would show the last 2 posts in full, and the next 3 in summary. That way we could present substantial information in…
    36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Blogs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add Flickr to Social Media Gadget

Add a URL field for the photo sharing platform Flickr.

Or, include one to two additional free-form URL fields in the Social Media Gadget with the ability to upload the graphic for the additional link.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Gadgets  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. have a list of users that are subscribed to a forum.

I would like a list of users that are subscribed to a forum. If not the list, maybe a count.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Forums  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow admin to define multiple sender emails and use them across the system

We've had a number of similar ideas - allow administrators to setup multiple "from" emails addresses (sender email) and use them in various scenarios like email blasts, event reminders, membership emails, etc. Currently all emails are sent from single FROM email, defined at Settings > Your Account > Organization Details > Email Settings

I merged all posts together so we can address them together properly. Quotes from some of original posts and comments:

"To avoid all site-related emails coming from a common sender, and risking email fatigue for our members, it would be terrific if one-off and system emails had…

180 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

79 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Merged together several closely related by meaning ideas – so we can properly resolve them all together, in different live scenarios

19. Birthday gadget

It would be nice to have a gadget that would show members' birthdays whether by day, week, or month.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Gadgets  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Overhaul WA HTML e-Mail to send out REAL HTML standard

A while ago I realized why my RESPONSIVE HTML e-Mails weren't responsive: I found out that the Wild Apricot eMail System does not send out WW3 confirm HTML eMails, as it "cleans" all HTML code from the templates that are not inside the <body> tag while sending it out.

This is a real problem because eMail clients like Apple Mail and others totally depend on the correct DOC Type and <meta> tag structure and content to correctly display HTML and give the viewing device the chance to arrange the layout according to the designer's CSS code. Without the complete HTML…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base