Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

option to "not renew"

This might seem obvious, but is there a way for a member to choose to *not* renew their membership, archive themselves and thus stop the renewal reminder emails?

Each year about a third of our organization ages out but we don't know in advance who they are so we can't proactively archive them on the admin side. They get annoyed when the first renewal reminder emails start showing up, and their first reaction is to bombard the membership chairperson with requests to be removed from the email list. It's a pain.

It this isn't possible, do you have a suggested workaround that doesn't require the membership chair to do anything explicit?

Thanks,

~ Kim

43 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Kim Skimmons shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • TrishaR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This could be very useful - A "not renewing at this time" choice would be helpful and if it came with a customizable auto-generated email to the member "Thank you for letting us know you are now renewing your membership at this time., etc, etc, etc." type of option

• AnnaG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Right now members will receive a number of annual renewal emails (as they should) until the system suspends or archives them. There is no way they can go to the site and cancel their membership instead. Internally that should trigger a number of options, most importantly suspend and or archived. It might be useful to have one more status: Resigned.

• Royce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I put in the reminder e-mails statement if they do not want to renew to notify me and I will remove them (archive file). And if they change their mind to e-mail me by ??? and I will reactivate them. It would be much easier to have this option in the renewal e-mails - keeps me from having to do it but I would like an e-mail telling me that this occurred.

• Brandon Longley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't like this, if someone doesn't want to renew their membership they will unsubscribe to emails - which is available at the bottom of each email you send out.

Feedback and Knowledge Base