Skip to content

Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

3377 results found

1. Simplifying embedding videos

I've started putting video on our website, and I have to go into the HTML and embed the code. This can be a pain when I don't know HTML almost at all, and the code from youtube looks different than some other site's code. In fact I did try to put a video up, and the section of the site was blank for a bit, till I got help from Chris at Nicasio.I also had problems putting video in the blog section.

So it would be most helpful to have some tools to more easily embed audio/video files. You really…

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Task list for Organizations

Current behavior:
    All organizations have tasks tied to recurring deadlines (pay taxes collect dues, etc). Specific people need to be apprised and reminded of these deadlines, and need to have the ability to designate the task as having been completed. At present, the system provides no way to assign and follow up on these tasks.

Desired behavior:
    A task system that allows administrators to create a list of tasks and define due dates, recurrence, and either a member or a group with member(s) assigned to it to complete the task. Alerts can be sent to the member/group as the date…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow to customize blog post summary (teaser) size

Web space is a premium and managing the space is a vital element of more content. Currently posting a blog posts text up to 10 lines and offers the read more option. If we can limit the opening post to a more concise presentation to say 5 lines or less it forces us to be more content rich with our opening line and we can register more read more clicks. The strategy is not to tell too much in ten lines, but just say enough in 5 lines or less so our users are prompted to read more.

I hope…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Blogs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Improve interface for adding people into Groups

When you go into membership settings - group managment - manage participants -

You can pick a group you want to edit the participant for that group. You have two lists on the left hand side you have the list of participants for that group, on the right hand side you have a list of all members so you can quickly add new members to be participants of that group. All good.

My suggestion is to have a drop down box with a list of data base fields above the right hand box (all members list) then you can pick…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Prorating Membership Level Upgrades

Copied from another discussion -

Discount coupons discussed here are only for new member applications.

What you are talking about is prorating the membership payment when members change their level - applying unused membership fee and/or reducing the new fee if new membership level is not for a full period. We are working on this - it would be great if you could start a new thread on the wishlist forum to explain how you would like to see it work.

How our org would like it to work -

Ex - level a - $35 annual fee and level…

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Renaming buttons on the forum for replies and new threads

I have noticed that every time my forum users start a brand-new topic, they do so by adding it as a comment to a previous topic. I'm sure this is because the New Comment button is the only one they see as they are reading through the forum (unless they go back a page, which they don't know to do).

I would really like have a New Topic button on that page, too. I'd also like the "New Comment" button changed to Post Response which I think makes more sense to users.

Thanks! -Bradley

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Forums  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Ability to close site to public/member access for maintenance procedures

We will need to export the entire membership list and purge many listings with undeliverable email addresses. It will then take a brief period of time to delete the existing list and upload the corrected one. Is there some sort of "Temporarily Closed for Maintenance -- Please Try Again in 15 Minutes" procedure for this?

WA replied "Unfortunately, we do not have this feature. For now, you would have to do this either at night or earlier in the morning. But this sounds like a good idea and I would suggest to add it to our Wishlist so other people…

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. AutoResponders for new members

How about the idea of automated responses when someone signs up to become a member. Right now there is no opt-in, no "thank you" message, no nothing.

Ideally, I'd like to setup a series of e-mails that go out at a certain frequency to new members (unless they opt-out).

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Enhancements for Groups functionality

In our 2.36 update we have released Groups functionality - ability to organize members into groups - such as 'Board of Directors', 'Volunteer Committee', etc. These groups are independent of membership levels - one group can include members from different levels. These groups can be used to keep track of member participation in committees, restrict access to website pages to a particular group, or for advanced searches and emails. Seehttps://help.wildapricot.com/display/DOC/Member+groups

We are contemplating a number of possible further enhancements to this and would love to get your feedback.
    Here are our initial ideas:

1) Group moderators. Group moderator is a…

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Preventing multiple logins by the same member

Is there any way to prevent multiple login?

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add Boolean logic to Advanced Search

It would be nice to be able to search the member database (or any database really) by specifying criteria such as:

Renewal_Due on or after Sept. 16,2008

AND

(MembershipLevel = Gold OR MembershipLevel = Silver)

Right now, I think, I can only choose to AND (i.e., Match ALL) all the criteria or OR (i.e., Match ANY) all the criteria -- no mixing AND's and OR's. This is okay for very simple reports with only two criteria, but often not what is needed for reports with more than 2 filter criteria.

146 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

73 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ability to clean up email log, financial transactions etc. - e.g when converting from trial to actual use

Is there a way to clear out the payment transaction log?

(like we can clear out the test transactions in the database prior to starting for "real")

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Easy way to insert links to system pages like member profile pages

I could really use an easy way to link a member's name to their directory profile. I have a lot of pages where I list a committee chairperson's name or an officer's name as in "See Sue Smith for more information." and I would like to put a hyperlink on 'Sue Smith' that takes the user straight to Sue's directory profile so that the user can find her contact information.

Right now, the only way I've figured out to do this is to log out as an administrator and log back in as a member. Then go to the member…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Default setting for forum email frequency

It would be useful to have a global setting for the default forum email frequency -- immediate or weekly. If this is not feasible I think that the default should be weekly. Many members object to
    receiving too-frequent emails.

Gary

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Forums  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Accessibility Features (Section 508)

Would like to request accessibility features to be added to the site's templates including:

FORMS:

Add label tags around the form's labels, and associate the labels with their form fields using IDs (explanation: http://webaim.org/techniques/forms/screen_reader.php#labels)

Group form controls using fieldsets and legends, where appropriate (explanation: http://webaim.org/techniques/forms/screen_reader.php#group).

NAVIGATION:

Add a "skip navigation feature" to allow keyboard users to skip over the navigation menus, when they are tabbing thru links on a page. (explanation: http://webaim.org/techniques/skipnav/#focus).

These features would make the sites more accessible to disabled users (people who cannot use mouse, blind people using screenreader software, etc) and help make…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. SEO enhancements - 301 Redirects

As per our e-mail exchange, we'd like to request the ability to do 301 redirects. It's not something everyone will understand the value of, but it is a very good idea. It would benefit everyone, but especially those switching an existing site to a WA site.

Here are some additional details of why they are important. As per a previous email exchange from Dmitry, I'll post these comments here...

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  SEO  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Discount coupons for event registrations

I tried implementing the arrangement for coupon codes for events this week.

I'm sorry, but I really don't like the way it currently works.

To explain, I wanted to setup a coupon code in WA for 25% off a registration for any event. To start with, I needed to edit every single event one at a time to do so. Then, when I logged in and practiced going through the process of registering, it showed the 25% off rate as an option. Anyone could see the amount of the coupon, even if they did not know the code and therefore…

238 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

136 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Blog post and comments moderation

Is there a way to "accept comments" before they post directly to our blog? We want to let the public comment without having to be a member but at the same time want to ensure that none of the content being posted is inappropriate.

Thanks for your help.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Blogs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Sponsor/Advertiser Management Module

We would like to sell ad space in our footer and/or header areas to sponsors and other advertisers.

While it is possible to do this manually, with separate billing etc., it would be very helpful to have a tool to manage the process, including:

• receipt and storage of an ad or logo
    • scheduling of its presentation (ie start date, stop date, duration etc)
    • selection of which pages it would appear on
    • billing and collection via credit card

As for many organizations, I am sure this wouild provide a means of cost-effectively generating revenues and site traffic.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Dmitry Smirnov responded

Ad’s management is a huge business with strong players, so building something competitive will cost us a fortune. There is quite low probability that we will take it into development in the nearest future.

For simple cases we recommend to use existing CMS functionality to inject ad’s into site pages. In case if you need precise control on what and when should be shown, then we recommend to integrate 3-rd party solutions.

20. Tracking Event Volunteers

A huge part of our non-profit's activities involve not only sponsoring events and managing event registrations, but also (just as importantly if not moreso) signing up volunteers to help with these events. There are a few different types of volunteers typically.

(1) General volunteers who sign up to help plan the event. There may be different subsets in this category. For example, our annual Spring Fair is a major event that recruits volunteers for the Food Committee, Decorating Committee, Entertainment Committee, PR Committee, etc.

(2) Event Day Volunteers are people who sign up for specific jobs and/or time slots on…

152 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base