Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Display members as a tag cloud using custom fields as tags

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but several of my members would like to have their membership searchable based off of certain meta tags that they can define. I would love to see a criteria in the membership profile for member imputed meta tags.

5 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

BenBen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dmitry ButerinDmitry Buterin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@BigBen - yes, this does explain it better. The term Meta tag is usually used in much narrower meaning - web page met-tags - which threw me off.

So in a nutshell you want a 'gadget' which would display a summary of your members by some custom attributes (meta-tags in a broad sense).

I will adjust thread title to reflect this - hope this will help others to comment/vote on this.

FYI - in our next update member directory will have a 'browsing' mode which is somewhat related. E.g. you can have 'Specialty' field for member records and have a list of all specialties with a count of records in each. People will be able to click on a specialty to see all records behind this.

It might even be possible with some Java script wizardry to convert this into something like a tag cloud.

• BenBen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What the membership of my site are looking for is something similar to the Popular Tags along the right hand of this site.

A meta cloud that they would be able to list some standard phrases and some that they could define themselves. If it could be a gadget that I could drop on a few pages that would be perfect.

I hope this explains my idea better then my original post.

• Mike BDMike BD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

BigBen?

you are asking to have added something that is not on a standard page, let alone in the admin.

If the site/content is well made/formated it will be found without a problem.

Mike

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7