Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

New field type - rich text formatting

It would be a nice feature to allow the members to bold, underline, italicize and make list using this word processing control for thier descriptions.

7 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

SeaChangeSeaChange shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • LazarLazar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Basically, the title says it all. It would be great if there was a way to add a RTE field for people's bios that might need to include links and at least basic formatting (bold, italic, lists, etc).

It doesn't have to go crazy with the formatting features, but at least some basic ones.

• Sharon GrahamSharon Graham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Rich text editor and upload of files (.pdf, word, powerpoint) would be great for members.

Our members are featuring themselves for six-figure recruiters and they need a way to upload their resume, branded profile, presentation and such.

• TownBeefTownBeef commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Admin could add a field for Rich Text so that members could embed youtube code and customize either all or certain sections of their member profiles.

• Dmitry ButerinDmitry Buterin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Let's focus this thread on formatting. I am pretty sure I saw another thread about uploads of documents.

• mikekilgourmikekilgour commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just curious why there's no formatting options for a member's bio or if I'm missing something?

Many of our members have productions that have been shown or writing for television series and such and as far as I can tell there's no way for them to do even basic formatting like bold/italics when posting info their books/screenplays/scripts or productions. This would be extrememly helpful if it could be added.

Also if you could allow at least .pdfs uploadable by the members it would be very useful as many of them would like to post script samples or resume type documents and there's not a way for them to do it now as far as I can tell.

Thanks!

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7