Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Ratings and Reviews

Is the option available for members to comment and rate/rank
* blog posts
* business ads
* forums
* events
* members

This would be so useful and my our community more dynamic.

Thanks!

12 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

MoxieMoxie shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdamessAdamess commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree. See the post above and see the bug report that I filed. With a few small changes, WA can easily support several popular rating systems.

• CrakesCrakes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A quick observation - Wild Apricot has a rating system (a little simpler than I've requested) for the Wish List...

• CrakesCrakes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Dmitry,

I am evaluating WildApricot and I like what I see. Unfortunately, not having the Rating feature is a show stopper. The driving requirement for our membership site is ability for members to rate suppliers - like Amazon/Yelp/or even better like Angie's List with multiple (preferably configurable) categories.

Requirement:

1. Supplier List with profile/contact info

2. Supplier Ratings (scores such as stars or grade)

3. Rating Comments

4. Supplier Response to comments

5. Sort supplier by rating

6. Sort members by ratings (do they tend to give positive/negative reviews, and are they helpful/not helpful ratings).

7. Admin ability to remove inappropriate ratings/comments

1,2,3,4 and 7 are key for the first release.

I hope this list can make your feature list. I think it is a real and valuable differentiator in the market that will make Wild Apricot the fruit of choice!

Carl

• Vendormixer.comVendormixer.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To add this feature would considerable help our business platform to rate suppliers (Members) before choosing to use their services. Extremely beneficial for us if this could be considered. Willing to be a beta tester for the new feature

• Vendormixer.comVendormixer.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are looking to have a function or feature to allow an end user to post a rating of service received. Our business includes the ability for our members to view ratings of service. Examples indicators would include Customer service, professionalism, timely completion of services, price.

The rating would be visible next to each business in both the profile page and search box when companies can be filtered and found by category. A customer can decide what company to use for services based on ratings or reviews

Can you help or incorporate into the functionality? we are willing to be a beta test site for the feature

• JeffJeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have found that Polldaddy.com has a ratings system and the ability to copy/paste their embed code into various components of WA. I was able to add it to the top portion of a page and right-align it using <div align="right">...code...</div>.

I'm trying to figure out how to add ratings to individual forum posts but so far no luck. I'll try other areas like events and blogs and see how it goes.

-Jeff

• ht2151ht2151 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ratings would be greatI Users could give a "Thumbs up" or a number rating.

Could this be tied into a user "ranking" system just like WA has in this forum? Including number of posts, how long ago the user joined, etc?

• Dmitry ButerinDmitry Buterin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Anyone else considers this important?

Also, do you think that a numerical rating should be considered or something like Like/Dislike?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7