Wishlist

Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Simplify adding event into my calendar - e.g. attach calendar invitation into emails or suggest to add on the last screen

I'd like to be able to attach an ical (Microsoft Outlook Calendar) file to event registration confirmation emails as I do not like to include all of the details of the meeting/webinar/training on our events page since it's open to the public. I've ran into issue in which attendees do not register since they have all of the information needed to attend. This would greatly help in encouraging registration and provide them the ability to add the details to their own calendar. Thanks!

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Joining Fees, dynamic pricing and membership upgrades

When a dynamic pricing field has been added to membership fields to act as a one-off joining fee, this should not appear if a member upgrades from one level to another.

Furthermore it would make much more sense to add a one-off joining fee to the membership level itself and have check boxes to determine if it is on new application only or also on renewal and also when member changes level. Simple and easy to administer.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Gadget to show member activity

i would also like to pile onto this suggestion. A functional page or gadget within a page that would announce new albums or new album content would make this feature much more compelling IMO.

In fact a widget that generally announced membership directory events would be very useful, for example:

- John Doe has joined the organization

- Bob Smith has a new email address (assuming that he has made it public), new job, etc

- Karen Jones is now a life member

- Chris White has created a photo album named Spring Convention photos with 10 images

- Alex…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Gadgets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Change type of the database field, e.g. from event to common or from event to member-only field

It would help me so much if we could easily move fields from the membership area to the contact area.

We just started using the events feature, and found that we had no way to transfer the information they filled out in the event application to their membership profile. We realized that we need to move a lot of fields from the membership profile to the contact fields, but there is no easy way to do this.

Thanks!

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow Member profile Access Control by Member Level

Bottom Line: The matrix for controlling "Access to Others" for Profiles is insufficient. Currently the only choices are: Anyone, Members and No Access. We need another layer between Anyone and Members. This way we can use the full functionality of Wild Apricot and control access to information by delineating between the Public/Prospects and all real Members.

Discussion: What this is about is how Wild Apricot allows us and our Members to control access to the information they provide in their profiles and how they and we control everyone's privacy.

We have created two member levels:

In…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Security / Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ability to clean up email log, financial transactions etc. - e.g when converting from trial to actual use

Is there a way to clear out the payment transaction log?

(like we can clear out the test transactions in the database prior to starting for "real")

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Account administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Autoarchive function for Blog Posts

We use the blog function to post news items for our members and other site visitors. We currently have a very long collection of posts that should be deleted so they are not visible. It would be helpful to have the ability to select multiple posts at one time to delete or archive them all.

Alternatively, if there was a setting in the Blog gadget that enabled us to select 15/30/60/90 day autoarchiving rule, then these posts would automatically disappear into archive at the designated time. This would be a great help in terms of administrative time needed to otherwise…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Blogs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Gocardless system for UK to take Direct Debit

https://gocardless.com/

We were contacted by Gocardless UK payment provider, they asked if we can support their system for Wild Apricot, as they already work with several other membership software packages.

We've looked into their development specifications https://developer.gocardless.com/#introduction and we can theoretically develop support for this system, but we're not sure if this is the best candidate so far. For example, we are looking into direction of eWay (http://forums.wildapricot.com/forums/308932-wishlist/suggestions/8827633-e-way-integration-for-recurring-payments-in-aus-n ) and Stripe (http://forums.wildapricot.com/forums/308932-wishlist/suggestions/8827591-stripe-credit-card-processor-integration-16645 )

I created this topic to collect comments from our customers on Gocardless. Please, feel free to post here if you think this is important system…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Online payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Event attendance comparison report

Hello All.

The organization that I set WA up for has multiple events each week, month, year. They are looking for a way to easily capture the number of registrations and compare them over the month/year.

The feature that I would like to see is an option to select an event name (our events have a relatively standard naming system) and compare the attendance of each event that was held over a definable period of time.

It would be nice to also be able to see a list of attendees, which could be sortable/searchable by the number of times the…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. purging document and pictures files

It would be very useful if there were some way to tell if a particular document or picture in our WA database is linked to something on a page somewhere on our site. I'm sure we have pictures and documents which were used at one time but are not used now. I'd like to get rid of them. Would use less space and make the management easier.

Thanks.

GEM

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Photos / Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Universal Email Footer

Need more info in footer when sending email blasts. CAN-SPAM requires a valid physical address.

Good -- Allow editing of the default footer that is added to all email blasts.

Better -- Allow editing, and saving, of multiple footers that can be chosen from, and added, by name, to each email blast as it is created and sent.

Best -- Allow editing of a default footer that is saved with all saved searches. Then, when a saved search is used to send an email blast, the footer saved and sent with it can be edited, and re-saved.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Advanced options for event registration types pricing

We are finding the we would like to have sub-registration items available under main registration types. Hopefully, other will see a need for this. Here is what we are looking for.

For instance, we set up an event and want to offer a exhibitor only pass as a registration type, however, we want to charge a daily rate for this pass. So similar to how the registration form "multiple choice with extra cost" function works, we would like the registration type to work the same way as follows:
    Exhibits Only Registration (no price listed)

The user would select one or…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Redesigning setup of Common vs Membership Fields

It would simplify setting the database up if all fields were in one list, and "Common" was an option of the field. A simple check-box - "show this field on all forms" or something like that. It would reduce the churn if you wanted to change a field, and would just make things less complicated.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Email Signature

I would like to have a set up in the email section that I could add my signature to the emails that I send, much like Outlook has a signature that you can set. There are two of us that send emails in WA and it would be helpful to have a signature for each of us. Right now I am having to type my name and contact info on each email.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Provide Member View to admins without Membership

Currently administrators who are not signed up as members do not have access to the "go to member view" option when signed in.

This means that all of our staff need to be set up as members, and we need to create a separate member category that is not shown in our member listing on the user page for this. It seems unnecessary for there to be a workaround for a feature that we feel should be standard.

Administrators from the organization that has purchased the Wild Apricot software should have access to all of the features of the product,…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Security / Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Mandatory email in Bundle Memberships

When a person is added to a bundle membership, I want to make it mandatory that there be an email address.

Without the email address, I see no way for that person to be able to logon.

I understand that it used to be mandatory and that the decision was made to change that.

If nothing else, the end user/site admin should have the option to make it mandatory.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Ability to Edit Page Titles for Individual Blog Posts

I've noticed that one cannot edit the page title for individual blog posts which is a disservice to searchers. It appears that it defaults to the name of the overall blog and not the individual blog post.

Am I wrong? It would be a great improvement to blog to edit the page titles for each blog. I've never heard of a blog post otherwise except here.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Blogs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Customize text for unsubscribe options shown on member profile page

We'd like to be able to customize our unsubscribe messages. When a member unsubscribes to our mailings, we feel the options are a little confusing to our members. Being able to add a simple line or two about how these options relate to our specific club would be great.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Default setting for forum email frequency

It would be useful to have a global setting for the default forum email frequency -- immediate or weekly. If this is not feasible I think that the default should be weekly. Many members object to
    receiving too-frequent emails.

Gary

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Forums  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Ability to change all Pages / System Page Templates at once/in bulk

Hello - this is in regards to Version 5.

It would be nice to be able to change the page template all system pages at once, or be given the option to update all system pages when a new default page template is selected. Currently we have to edit each system page to update it to the new default template.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Wishlist

Feedback and Knowledge Base