Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add user information in hidden input tags to each page

Any page personalization or links to other sites with user identifiers as URL parameters is very complex because this info is only available on the user's profile page and has to be scraped from that page. This results in some very convoluted javascript with cross page dependencies. Also, whenever Wild Apricot changes the format of the profile page, the custom javascript will break.

Can you please add input hidden tags with some key user profile values to every page:

* UserID

* UserName

* UserEmailAddress

like:

<input type="hidden" id="UserID" name="UserID" value="12345678" />

<input type="hidden" id="UserName" name="UserName" value="Joe User" />

<input…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Security / Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. e-mail moderation facility

Hi

It would be useful to have the facility to have all e-mails created by non administrators (e.g. by event managers) to have to be moderated (i.e. approved) before sending by an administrator ?

All the best

Colin

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Admin ability to disable workflow emails

I have searched for help on this and not located any. I would like to be able to disable workflow emails but leave our organization eblast emails in place. I can understand why you don't want the member to be able to do this but I would like to.

When our members receive a renewal invoice and have elected not to renew, they often let us know. They may have a couple weeks left of their membership which would include several more renewal reminders they don't need. However, I cannot end those as a courtesy without stopping all their email,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. HTML Cleanup use lowercase tags

Mostly this is just a pet peeve of mine, but I am a bit OCD about proper HTML markup. While uppercase html tags are acceptable and browsers will support it, it is not recommended.

http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_elements.asp

"W3Schools use lowercase tags because the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) recommends lowercase in HTML 4, and demands lowercase tags in XHTML."

There's no way to override the automatic HTML cleanup and prevent it from block capitalizing all of my carefully prepared HTML, or get it to use lowercase tags.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Improving manual event registration to avoid errors

With the introduction of the the new screen for Administrators to add people to their events, many are adding existing members as new contacts. I have had four of five examples of this. The reason I believe is that they do not notice the 'Select existing contact' button and go straight to the blank attendee registration form. We hardly ever add new contacts, so the set up for us is wrong.

My suggestion is that the screen be redesigned to make the Select existing contact more prominent. Ideally, in my opinion, there should be two buttons: the first, labelled Select…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Fidelity Information Services (FIS) as a payment option

All of our offices are currently contracted through FIS to handle Credit Card transactions. Is there a way that this payment option can be made available in Wild Apricot?

Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Online payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Forte payment processing

It would be great if WA would support the Forte credit card processing terminal. Forte offers highly secure transactions and no monthly fees with a 2.9%+ $.25 rate which is ideal for small users like us. (In case you were wondering, I don't get any kickbacks for new users) We use them for credit card processing and I would love if I could automatically sync the payments (type/description and $amount) with WA instead of having to manually enter the data.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Online payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Wild Apricot Payments/AffiniPay

AffiniPay allows users to create "tags" called "Category 1" and "Category 2" in their merchant applications that can be passed through to the AffiniPay process, thereby enabling the merchant application to share custom information about the transaction origination to AffiniPay's reporting and back to the paying customer.

However, Wild Apricot has not implemented hooks in its application to allow its clients (the "merchant") to make use of the tags feature.

It's there for the using, so please, Wild Apricot, get it working for us.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Wild Apricot Payments/AffiniPay

AffiniPay allows users to create "tags" called "Category 1" and "Category 2" in their merchant applications that can be passed through to the AffiniPay process, thereby enabling the merchant application to share custom information about the transaction origination to AffiniPay's reporting and back to the paying customer.

However, Wild Apricot has not implemented hooks in its application to allow its clients (the "merchant") to make use of the tags feature.

It's there for the using, so please, Wild Apricot, get it working for us.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. MULT

Our dragon boat club has members signing up for paddling sessions. The current process is cumbersome when trying to sign up for multiple sessions. Each session requires returning to the calendar and a new selection is then made. Being able to select multiple sessions at one time would be ideal.
    Is this possible?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. add contacts or lapsed members to a member directory

I would like to make a directory of just our contacts. These are the vendors/sponsors that we would like our members to reach out to and invite to our events, hit up for money, etc. But right now we can only have a member directory of members.

I would also like to be able to add lapsed members to the member directory. We have a regional and national network so not all the regional members pay the fee to be in the national network. However, I still want these lapsed members or contacts to show up in our regional member…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add checkbox as a custom field type

End users are quite used to check boxes for yes and no options. In fact they are ubiquitous. The same goes for Boolean variables. There are everywhere in the IT development world except in Wild Apricot. It's an undeniable waste of time for every new developer to have to figure out why they aren't there and find a workaround, and at the least an eye roll from end users who have to react to the strangeness of having to process a radio button in place of a checkbox, not to mention the extra (wasted) space it takes to implement it.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. conference ratings

It would be great to add a feature that would allow an organization to create a conference/workshop rating form that attendees can complete post event. It would also be great if the website would allow for electronic transmission of a CPD/CEU sheet after the rating is completed.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Email bulk editing

Ability to bulk update email and notifications with a template design. e.g. for all communications we would like a 1 column layout with our logo at the top. Currently I need to update this for every template…..

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Gadget visual options

For every gadget provide full alteration options such as:
    -padding options (particularly to event gadgets)
    -border options

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Gadgets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. allow the change in page visibility across multiple pages

allow the change in page visibility across multiple pages

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Member app. Ability to change the sort criteria for a member directory

Add an ability to sort our member director by a different contact field. We have a number of members who are organizations (not individuals) and I would like those to be sorted by the company name rather the primary point of contacts last name.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add 2 and more Event details gadgets on the Events Details System page

I wish I could add another Event details gadget to optimize the page for tablets.

It looks very narrow on screens with 800-1366 px width so I would make different gadgets with different CSS for each screen.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Gadgets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make donation macros available for email blasts

There are many times that I need to send letters on our company letterhead. As a work around, I have created email templates of such letters that include contact macros that I use to cut and paste into word documents. An example of this is when we need to mail out a letter of remembrance to families of lost ones to receive a letter that a donation has been made in their lost one’s name. I have created an email template called Donation-Memorial. I would need to insert donation fields in this template. Is there a way to access or…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base