Skip to content

Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

3365 results found

1. Show new messages / comments since last login

Our forums are languishing because our members say there's no easy way to tell what conversations are active. We need a search function at the top of the forum that includes things like:

-recent posts

-active topics

-unanswered posts

Basically, the forums need a major upgrade in order to be useful. The only reason we haven't moved to a different forum software is because we want to maintain one login for our members.

Thanks.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

25 comments  ·  Blogs  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Provide a way to change membership level during renewal

Current Behaviour

During membership renewal a member may have more than one membership level available. Choosing among them is cumbersome. The member clicks one button to renew at his current level or clicks another button to choose a different level.

Also, changing the membership level doesn’t act like a renewal as regards calculation of the Renewal Due date. Desired Behaviour

Use one button for both functions. If multiple membership levels are available, show “Renew and choose membership level” on the “Renew until …” button. This would give the member a choice that looks like that on the membership application form.

143 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

73 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have started analysis for this issue, and it seems that key problem is how Wild Apricot handles level changes close to renewal date. The system is currently designed to collect the full new level amount and set renewal date according to new level renewal policy. All prepaid amounts for old levels are disposed. Moreover, since no prorating occurs, the new level might be effective only for a few days.

As a first step, we suggest to redesign how level change is working and add prorating there:

- Level would be changed immediately, as now - Remaining portion of old membership level payment will be applied to new level - For new levels with specific renewal date (e.g. annual levels with renewals Jan 1st) apply the pro-rating settings for new applications: - Allow member to pay only a pro-rated amount of the new level fee (e.g. six months before renewal…
  3. Show address field in Member Directory

Is it possible to have 5 fields in each column on the Search results layout?

This would enable a member address, city, state, zip and country to be in one column, rather than split across 2 columns.

~~ or ~~ can we add the city, state, zip to be one field ?? that would also help solve the address from flowing over two columns.

We currently publish a paper member directory and would love to get away from it by having it available here.

thanks a bunch,

Patty

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Mandatory email in Bundle Memberships

When a person is added to a bundle membership, I want to make it mandatory that there be an email address.

Without the email address, I see no way for that person to be able to logon.

I understand that it used to be mandatory and that the decision was made to change that.

If nothing else, the end user/site admin should have the option to make it mandatory.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Automatic web archive of email blasts

Our membership would like the ability to see archived e-blasts sent to "All" members. In our membership model, all members are "equal." I could see this further broken down by Group, e.g., members belonging to Board group could view archive message sent to their group; e-blast sent to "all" members could be view by "all" members, etc. Also, having the ability to show messages sent within a certain time period, e.g., messages sent within the last 6 months (rather than messages archived forever).

Even better, have the ability to search e-blast message text by keywords much like the forums. The…

163 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

49 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Gift Aid

Gift Aid is a big deal for UK charities.

Official description: http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/ManagingMoney/GivingMoneyToCharity/DG_10015097

Generally, the way it works is that when a charity asks for a donation, they also ask the donor to tick a box to enable the charity to reclaim an additional tax element from the tax authority (if the donor is a UK tax payer).

Combined with a date field (which Wild Apricot doesn't yet provide!), we administrators could create a report/search query to pre-fill the relevant form to submit to the tax authority for the reclaim.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Access Guest information in macros

We register members and guests for our events. We need to get to all of the guest information easily online in WA without having to export it for manipulation.

How come there is no macro for [EventField_All} for guest registrations? Right now all we can do is get to guest price, name, and price.

We need to send our members confirmations of their event registrations that include a lot of detailed information. The members need all of this information for the guests, too.

Evelyn

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Member Directory: Disable access to profiles

Several of my clients have multiple directories on their sites. On certain directories (not all), they would like to be able to prevent visitors from clicking on an entry to view the member details/profile screen. On other directories they do want visitors to be able to click through.

It would be nice if there was a simple checkbox on the Edit Settings screen for directories that could be checked to turn off/on the link to the profile screen for all entries in a particular directory.

Kim

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Customizing Donation receipt - adding previous donations

Is it possible to print all the donations given by a donor on one receipt with dates. Right now we can only print one donation given per donor on one receipt. I was also wondering if we could add all the donations and put in a total donations given for year.

Thankyou,

MA

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Ability to change sort order on the attendee list - published view

I know this has been talked about before, but it looks like it was just on the admin side.

I am wondering if there is a way to sort the attendee list that is published for general members to see.

We tend to have about 800-900 members register to attend our events, and would like the list to be sorted alphabetically so that people can easily search to see if their friends have registered. It is currently sorted by WHEN they registered.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Email Subscription Widget

Welcome the new email subscription form page. But it would be great to be able to present this as a Wild Apricot widget in any desired website page, as with rest of Wild Apricot widgets. Many membership-/social network-based websites have a quick and easy sign up widget/box on their main pages. Hope to see this as a Wild Apricot widget soon! For you Wild Apricot website administrators, please endorse this with your comments below.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Widgets  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Customize event attendee list - both public and admins sides

Is it possible to customize what information is shown on the Registered attendee list that people can click on in event registration?

Specifically for our purposes, our trade show exhibitors can apply for their booth space through the event registration system. Rather than date and name, I'd like the list to show company name, products and website.

Thank you!

74 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

64 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Merged several posts together, so that both public and admins lists can be customized. This is better for analysis and design to work on them together.

13. Block Comments entirely/hide "add comment"

As I stated in the wishlist thread for Job Modules, I had originally hoped to use the blogs module to manage our jobs postings, since they're relatively infrequent, and since it has an RSS feed, but at the time it didn't look like the "Add Comment" could be shut off, and we definitely don't want comments with job posts.

I went back and revisited this, and when I switch all the possible visitor types to 'Read', the 'Add Comment' is still visible to the public. I can log in as a member, type out a comment, and click the button…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Blogs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Functionality to generate physical letters

My organization is not going to go entirely digital. I need to generate the occasional physical letter. The idea is that in addition to being able to generate ad-hoc emails, I want to be able to generate ad-hoc physical mailings. But they are not really ad-hoc; they correspond to points in my organization's processes that do not map to WildApricot. I want to store templates for these letters in WildApricot; when the need arises, I would like to be able to ask WildApricot to instantiate a template I pick for a member I pick. I can do the printing and…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Communications tracking (CRM)

I am posting this suggestion based on email exchange with a client - so that we can get more feedback from others.

Even though we don't normally refer to Wild Apricot as a CRM system, it has many things in common with CRM:

• database of contacts

• tracking of various transactions with each contact

the suggestion is to take this further:

• Add 'Communications tab' to track all communications/actions with each contact: contact date & contact type, follow-up date & type, a note, tracking of emails (opens, links) and links to related correspondence records (email blasts). Among other major benefits, the system…

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Update Event fields via file Import

Hi

It would be great to store user feedback linked to the user and event.

I've created a custom event field called Feedback. Now it would be great if I could import the feedback collected via Wufoo via file import.

This would mean I could export the data from Wufoo, and import here, instead of having to enter each entry manually.

Many thanks!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Links to external sites as Menu Items

Currently a menu item has to be a WA object (content page, event listing, forum, etc.). If I want to link to an external website (your national organization for example) or even a specific event registration page as a menu item, you have to create an empty content page and use JavaScript and/or a meta tag redirect to send the user on (See this help page for additional detail: http://help.wildapricot.com/display/DOC/Redirecting+a+page ).

It would be great if you could enter a url for the menu item rather than this kludgey redirect process. This could also be accomplished through implementing a http…

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Log of changes - who deleted a contact, registration, or changed data

Is there a way to find out which admin deleted or changed a contact registration or details.

For example we have an event which a company registered their attendees and paid online. One of the admins deleted the registration. Is there a way to find out which admin deleted that contact?

If this is not available could is possibly be added in the future? I like the fact that the 4.0 service will allow read only admin access which will help with this issue but I am still curious which of my admins deleted that contact.

Regards,

Alma AYala

106 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Customization of Email sent during Membership Level Change workflow

When a member changes there level, the system automatically sends them an email. Since there is an option to choose "manual payment", we need to be able to add our physical address to the email.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. FORUM - include full posting text in email digest

Because the daily forum summary only includes topics and links, users are not willing to switch from Yahoo groups. We'd rather not maintain both systems, obviously. People want to read the post on their mobile device email instead of having to logon to see them.

We need to be able to specify if our daily digest will include just the topics and links, or contain the full text of the new postings. Would be nice if users could switch their individual setting from the site default if they don't want full text, for example.

Our forum activity isn't very high,…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Forums  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?