Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fewer new features, more focus on overall UI and common workflows

Rather than worry about specific, discrete pieces of functionality, I'd propose an overhaul of the entire user experience including:
    1) Make reports that are more useful, e.g. new members, lapsed members, invomplete registrations
    2) Overhaul the email workflwo, e.g. you should be able to name an email before step three in the process
    3) A complete overhaul of the event setup and pricing elements. e.g. Having to create a registration form is a nightmare. Why aren't there simple templates and an ability to preview a form without having to log in as a user?

With all due thanks, and respect,…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Expand Help Hours

I would like to see you expand your live support services to at least weekends if not 24/7.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Having several schedules for email blast

The new update for scheduling email blasts is really a great idea. It was a problem before that this one does not exist. But in addition to this feature, maybe we can add like 3 or 5 schedules in 1 email.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Show what levels use what fields in "Membership fields" screen as table

As things are, I have to click each field to asses whether a membership level uses it, or review them one at a time using the dropdown menu. I would like to see columns to the right of the current list, showing which levels use the field in that row. Column headings would be level name, entries would be an X in the row if that field is used. Would save a lot of design and admin time.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add moderation of new forum posts

Current behavior:
    All posts and replies are published immediately (subject to the user having appropriate access rights on the particular forum)

Desired behavior:
    Ability to moderate posts/comments

Implementation ideas:

• Administrator can specify whether forum should be moderated or not (maybe by each membership level?)

• Administrator can assign moderators

• All new posts/replies according to settings go into moderation list

• Moderators receive notices (probably option: each message/daily digest)

• Moderators have online list of messages to be moderated and can approve/reject/edit them

• once approved, message is displayed.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Forums  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. new feature for calendar

create option to add dates to the calendar view that do not require registrations. These dates would not be added to the registration widget.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Distribution list

I want to type several email addresses into 1 link - so the user can click once to email a message to the entire committee. So - does WA have like a 'distribution list' feature?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Autoresponder

would lika a full functioning auturesponder.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Integration with Publisher

I would like it if Wild Apricot was integrated with Publisher to send out emails to members. The formatting tools on Wild Apricot are limiting enough that it makes it difficult to do all I would like. Integration with Publisher would solve that.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Registration Enabled button on development page

The "Registration is Disabled" wording continues to confound me as I create a registration form. After creating the registration form the registration enabled button should appear on the form itself. I have spent too much time looking for the Registration Enabled button and it is not where it intrinsically should be.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Re-Sorting Event Registration Types

The event registrations are sorted by $$ cost only and cannot be resorted. We have a big 3-day meeting and one can register for 1 day (any day), 2 days (any 2 days) or 3 days, then different member categories, then non-members can attend too, and the 28 different registration types are all messed up when sorted only by $$ cost. Can you fix this so we can sort the registration types by other means? Thank you.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Not charge existing members initiation fee (extra charge costs) when they change levels.

Not charge existing members initiation fee (extra charge costs) when they change levels.
    Initiation fee is only applicable to new members, not existing members who would like to change levels. It will be nice to have an extra cost field type applicable for new members only.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. create option on a contact page to email contact info to others

for example, when I want to give other alumni name/address/email for another alum, i could just click a button and email it from screen.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Offline payments on Event Management Module

We were extremely surprised and disappointed wiht Event Management Module : While it offers the option to pay offline the user interface has just not been thought out at all. It should be a pretty easy code -fix and we are surprised it has not been done yet since it is extremely confusing and unfriendly.

If people are offered an offline payment option, you need a screen where the event organizer can give them instructions for sending a check.

Right now, Tthe registrant is brought back to a screen where the only options they have are Pay Invoice or Register…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Login widget for embedding WA into external sites

Current behavior:
    Wild Apricot pages can be embedded into other websites using our 'widget http://help.wildapricot.com/display/DOC/Adding+Wild+Apricot+functionality+to+other+websites ' functionality. This includes member-only pages.

Desired behavior:
    'Login' widget which displays a login box and after login redirects to a particular 'target' page selected by the administrator

Workaround:
    Embed this 'target' page instead - it will display a login prompt to users and then redirect to the target page.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Widgets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Saved Search should work the same in a directory gadget as it does from the Admin/Members/Saved Searches screen. Additional restrictions bas

Saved Search should work the same in a directory gadget as it does from the Admin/Members/Saved Searches screen. Additional restrictions based on Member Status should not be added by Wild Apricot. The administrator who defines the search should do that.

This is actually a design defect. Yes - it works as designed (and documented) - it is badly designed

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Gadgets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Send invoice via API

We regularly use the API to generate invoices that are sent to our members for state filing fees, but since there is no trigger to force sending of a newly created invoice through Wild Apricot via API, we send them through our own template system.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Notify admin about new members

It would be great to have a notice (to the admins) that is in your face when you login and there is a new member. Maybe there is a way to do this and I missed it. Either way, I have to be diligent about checking if there are new members when a pop-up or something at the top of the page that stands out would be better. :) Thanks for listening!

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Automatic email tracking

I am a new administrator for a museum website and email system, and I was surprised to find that open- and click-through rates were calculated for manual email sends but not for automatic sends. The latter becomes a time-consuming manual calculation, but no less important to our effort to measure the efficacy of our communications. Adding this summary would greatly improve the email product.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base