Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Allow parent-child relationship and ordering for Non-Menu Pages

My Wildapricot Membership Backend is getting MESSY! I am not able to organize "Non-Menu" items to have "children"

Is there something in the works where I can create a page and then create SUBPAGES that are Not Menu Items?

When I click on Reorder my Pages, it only allows this functionality for Menu Items.

Thank You

Angel

10 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AngelAngel shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    BarefootgalBarefootgal shared a merged idea: reorder pages not in menu  ·   · 
    Mel WhaleyMel Whaley shared a merged idea: Move/Sort site "Pages not in Menu"  ·   · 

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • BarefootgalBarefootgal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On the sample, you can see how it would be good to move "events" out of the list of job pages.

• BarefootgalBarefootgal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to set the order for the website pages that don't appear in the menu. Some organizations have a large number of them, and it would be helpful to be able to group them together in logical ways.

• Mel WhaleyMel Whaley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ability to sort/move/organize site "pages not in menu" similar to the way we can currently sort pages that are "Menu Pages"

• Evgeny aka Apricot KernelAdminEvgeny aka Apricot Kernel (Product Manager, Wild Apricot) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Current behavior was made on purpose: we thought that "order" only make sense of menu pages. Other pages do not require ordering or structuring (parent-child relation). It looks like we were wrong.

Anyways, you can use a workaround for now: create "Admin-only" root page (in menun) and place all pages you want as children, make then as "in menu". This will effectively hide the whole section from user's menu, but will be shown for admins.

• Becky ParsonsBecky Parsons commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. Please give us the ability to have "child" pages for non-menu pages. After being on WA for several years, our "non-menu" page list is getting large and it's not organized well.

• GordonGordon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In version 5 we can easily manage pages that are listed in a menu.

However, I have many pages that are accessed through a link from a menu page but the linked page is not in the menu. This allows me to keep the menu area fairly clean but still provides access to the linked pages.

You provide a section in Page Management called "Not in Menu" which seems to be the obvious place to save these pages. However when we select the Reorder Pages option, the Not in Menu section is specifically excluded which means that all these linked pages are in random order that cannot be managed.

The page management issue would be much easier if we could leave the linked pages which are not to appear in the menu in the same hierarchy as the menu pages they belong to.

To do this, I'd suggest that you::
        1. Rename the current "Not in Menu" section to "Page Archive", and
        2. Provide a way to allow any pages that are in the Menu area to be flagged as "Do not Include in Menu".

This would allow us to place pages that are not currently in use but may be revived in the future in the Page Archive. It would also allow us to keep the active linked pages logically associated with their parent.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7