Allow Members to post comments pre/post events
Members can not post feedback about the event at any given point in time. Prior to the event members can see the event description, attendance list, event details (date time etc), but they are not allowed to provide any comments
Have club members post comments about upcoming and past events? I would like them to be able to post comments even prior registering for the event. For a sample implementation of this feature - see groupspaces.com
Motivation for the Enhancement::
Our club is a very social organization and members often like to submit general comments for the events that we host at the club. This creates a centralized place for members to exchange ideas (outside of email threads etc) for the events that we host at the club.
I would like to see this for our club as well. We have used Meetup, but may be discontinuing with the move to Wild Apricot. It would give our members a chance to comment on events as they can now with MU.
5) If a registrant changes her/his/their registration status their forum subscription status would change accordingly.
This proposal is to provide a degree of integration between events and forums.
When an event is created include an option to create a forum thread associated with that event.
1) A hyperlink to the forum would become a part of the event's page or embedded in the event's description.
2) The event organizer would be subscribed to the forum as a moderator.
3) Subject to the visibility of the forum thread, registrants to the event would be subscribed to the forum. If the forum is visible to the public then a setting would allow either all attendees to be subscribed to the forum or the subscription could be limited to exclude non-members, members of particular levels, and/or guests. If the forum has less visibility than public then those registrants outside the event's visibility would be automatically excluded from the forum but the options would remain to exclude those registrants who are inside the forum's visibility.
3) If the event is rescheduled then the forum would receive notification of the new date and its header would indicate the rescheduled date and update its header accordingly.
4) If the event is deleted (since 'canceled' is not currently an event state, which come to think of it, it should be) then the forum would receive notification of the 'cancelation' and its header would be updated accordingly.
Most of our events are organized at the grass roots rather than serve as formal occasions. Discussion and participation among the registrants actually adds to the content of the event, to the sense of community among our members, and, when posted on a publicly visible forum, will greatly serve to excite prospective members toward joining our organization (especially when listserv makes the forums themselves vital).
Jennifer Weiss commented
Please add the ability to allow comments on individual events. The current functionality of the blog comments feature, would work well for events.
1 - comments are per event, not all events (even in a series or for repeating events (if/when that functionality is added in the future))
2 - allow comment threading so replies are under the initial comment
3 - notify attendees when comments/replies have been made
I have attached images showing how comments work on Meetup events and on Wild Apricot blog posts.
Jennifer Weiss commented
We would like this feature as well. We have outgrown Meetup for our organization which is why we are transitioning to WA, but nearly all of our events have comments of some kind on them.
Try using a commenting system plugin - I'm in the process of experimenting with Disqus to achieve a similar outcome to what you have described.
While this may not suit all your requirements as laid out (especially as you would probably have to add this to each of your events), it is an option if you're in a hurry to have this feature on your site