3369 results found

1. Ratings and Reviews

Is the option available for members to comment and rate/rank

* blog posts
    * business ads
    * forums
    * events
    * members

This would be so useful and my our community more dynamic.

Thanks!

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add a Report Post link in Discussion Forum Posts [7490]

I see a Wish List about forum moderation. But I would like to see a "Report Post" link in every post that would allow any reader to report the post to the site owner. Nothing fancy. Just click the link and a message comes up that says "This post has been reported to the site administrator. Thanks for your concern". The admins would then get an email or maybe it would show up in a section in the dashboard that would let the admins investigate any posts flagged by users and then they can decide whether to edit, delete or…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Forums  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Ability to set limits to text field entries

Is there a way to limit the characters in a database text field. I want a member lever to have a 500 character description and another member lever to only have a 250 character description. Is this possible?

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Search criteria - NOT

We are a new user and have uploaded the member lists from data in our desktop database. Now we need to be sure that all our users have reset their passwords (senior group, some with limited computer skills).

We did find a way to see everyone who had logged in at least once. Admin area > Members > Advanced Search criteria: Last login date. This suited our situation because if they were able to login, that meant they had reset their passwords.

What we couldn’t get, however, was a search list of those who had never logged in. We worked…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Customization of event list view - and persisence of selected view

It would be very helpful for administrators to have multiple options for viewing the Event list, including:
    * by date/time ascending (next event first)

• alphabetical by event name.

We're managing dozens of small events each year and need to have up to six months' worth of events listed at a time. This would help in reviewing/editing upcoming events and in copying lists of events to e-mail messages, HTML newsletters, and text documents. The current reverse chronological order of the list forces me to copy and paste each event individually in order to get them in chronological order.

It's also frustrating…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Send automatic emails for manual admin actions

This is a relatively minor request but something I find to be a workflow pain. As an admin, when I add a new member to the database the new member activation email does not automatically get sent out to the new member if I set their status to 'Active' initially. I have to add the member in two steps to get the email to go out -- first add them as 'pending', save it, then either go back into their record and record receipt of their payment or change their status from 'pending' to 'active' to trigger the email.

It…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Ability to embed Google Adwords Code to track advertising effectiveness

Google AdWords has a great function that allows you to set up a variety of codes that track "actions".

I am trying to use AdWords to get people to sign up for our annual conference and to join the organization. Both actions require a credit card transaction to be considered a "success".

I understand that I cannot put google code on the shopping cart -- (because WA controls those pages) but I must have some means of tracking the effectiveness of our advertising dollars.

Can you please add a page that I can use that appears right after the point…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Batch update of contacts or members

As an administrator I would find it really helpful to be able to make bulk changes online. Two reasons:

1. Import/export is clumsy, and foces me to use Excel's interface, which I find quite awkward.

2. There is no "lock" on the data while I am changing it. Members can change data while I am making changes to the exported file.
      To give an idea of the sort of problems #2 generates: if I do an export and a member comes along and changes his/her data while I am playing with the exported file, then there's a problem. The way that WA…

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Copy membership levels or copy settings to other levels

Hi,

As an admin, I would appreciate to be able to duplicate existing membership levels instead of starting from scratch. This will ease the work for example if you have 3 levels (child, adult, senior) which share absolutely all the same parameters except for the price.

PS: I apoligize if this is already open, I just couldn't find it. I also apologize if this is possible, but I haven't yet found how.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Updated title to reflect that it’s not just about levels copying – which is about adding new levels, but also about copying of (some) settings from one level to some or all others

10. Fast registration or Simplify buying registrations to multiple events or multiple registrations in one event

At the moment, it is not possible to register for multiple events at the same time, or link to the next event after registering for one event on Wild Apricot. This functionality would have been extremely helpful for a recent conference for Children's Hospital that we set up through you...would it be possible to add this feature?

(Malcolm de C) I represent two organisations where the ability to register for multiple events in a single visit would encourage more to registrations and reduce the burden on central administrators who are often asked to register for multiple events on behalf of…

369 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

175 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I merged another very similar thread into this one, they should be solved together – the registration to multiple events should be simple and fast if possible. There are a number of suggestions in comments on how to achieve this.

11. Make Member Since field available in Member Directory

See note below. Our members would benefit to learn when everyone become part of our organization. It offers continuity and a since of longevity. I contemplated just creating a field, but that was too easy, so I decided to add this to the wishlist to see if others agree and it would save me the time to create the field and maintain it since it is already a system fields. Do all of you agree?

Albert,

Unfortunately it is currently not possible to show the Member since system field in the member directory http://help.wildapricot.com/display/DOC/Member+directory . If you could post this…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Logout button for widget mode

My site is http://cityfitlist.com/.

I currently use the widget feature for members/profiles.But how do I add a log out without making the member go to their profile,scrolling down to find it?

Also,I want to add a retricted access page for a certain level of members using the "widget box" but don't want the links from the wildapricot site to pop up too.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Widgets  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Simplifying embedding videos

I've started putting video on our website, and I have to go into the HTML and embed the code. This can be a pain when I don't know HTML almost at all, and the code from youtube looks different than some other site's code. In fact I did try to put a video up, and the section of the site was blank for a bit, till I got help from Chris at Nicasio.I also had problems putting video in the blog section.

So it would be most helpful to have some tools to more easily embed audio/video files. You really…

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Task list for Organizations

Current behavior:
    All organizations have tasks tied to recurring deadlines (pay taxes collect dues, etc). Specific people need to be apprised and reminded of these deadlines, and need to have the ability to designate the task as having been completed. At present, the system provides no way to assign and follow up on these tasks.

Desired behavior:
    A task system that allows administrators to create a list of tasks and define due dates, recurrence, and either a member or a group with member(s) assigned to it to complete the task. Alerts can be sent to the member/group as the date…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow to customize blog post summary (teaser) size

Web space is a premium and managing the space is a vital element of more content. Currently posting a blog posts text up to 10 lines and offers the read more option. If we can limit the opening post to a more concise presentation to say 5 lines or less it forces us to be more content rich with our opening line and we can register more read more clicks. The strategy is not to tell too much in ten lines, but just say enough in 5 lines or less so our users are prompted to read more.

I hope…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Blogs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Improve interface for adding people into Groups

When you go into membership settings - group managment - manage participants -

You can pick a group you want to edit the participant for that group. You have two lists on the left hand side you have the list of participants for that group, on the right hand side you have a list of all members so you can quickly add new members to be participants of that group. All good.

My suggestion is to have a drop down box with a list of data base fields above the right hand box (all members list) then you can pick…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Prorating Membership Level Upgrades

Copied from another discussion -

Discount coupons discussed here are only for new member applications.

What you are talking about is prorating the membership payment when members change their level - applying unused membership fee and/or reducing the new fee if new membership level is not for a full period. We are working on this - it would be great if you could start a new thread on the wishlist forum to explain how you would like to see it work.

How our org would like it to work -

Ex - level a - $35 annual fee and level…

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Renaming buttons on the forum for replies and new threads

I have noticed that every time my forum users start a brand-new topic, they do so by adding it as a comment to a previous topic. I'm sure this is because the New Comment button is the only one they see as they are reading through the forum (unless they go back a page, which they don't know to do).

I would really like have a New Topic button on that page, too. I'd also like the "New Comment" button changed to Post Response which I think makes more sense to users.

Thanks! -Bradley

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Forums  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ability to close site to public/member access for maintenance procedures

We will need to export the entire membership list and purge many listings with undeliverable email addresses. It will then take a brief period of time to delete the existing list and upload the corrected one. Is there some sort of "Temporarily Closed for Maintenance -- Please Try Again in 15 Minutes" procedure for this?

WA replied "Unfortunately, we do not have this feature. For now, you would have to do this either at night or earlier in the morning. But this sounds like a good idea and I would suggest to add it to our Wishlist so other people…

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. AutoResponders for new members

How about the idea of automated responses when someone signs up to become a member. Right now there is no opt-in, no "thank you" message, no nothing.

Ideally, I'd like to setup a series of e-mails that go out at a certain frequency to new members (unless they opt-out).

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base