Task list for Organizations
All organizations have tasks tied to recurring deadlines (pay taxes collect dues, etc). Specific people need to be apprised and reminded of these deadlines, and need to have the ability to designate the task as having been completed. At present, the system provides no way to assign and follow up on these tasks.
A task system that allows administrators to create a list of tasks and define due dates, recurrence, and either a member or a group with member(s) assigned to it to complete the task. Alerts can be sent to the member/group as the date approaches, or if it is not completed. When the task is completed, it can be checked off and all dates on it are reset.
1) Any system like this could grow and become very powerful, but also very confusing. What would be the most basic, yet still useful, aspects of the behavior for you?
Matt & Christie PENNING commented
Hi - just wondering if any further consideration has been given to this idea. Any update?
Luis A. Rivas commented
Seems that there was a plan and progress on this feature back in 2015. Can you please update the status? Thanks!
Roger Brooks commented
At a minimum, we need to be able to create multiple lists, each list containing a task name, due date, responsible party or parties and space for comments. Automatic reminders might be nice, but might also be inappropriate for tasks for which responsibility lies outside the club. There are still cases where we would like to have these in the list, as a reminder to follow up on something which may be on the critical path of a project.
It may be worthwhile to think about tracking minuted board decisions with the same basic functionality, as the required fields are almost the same, substituting decision date for due date.
It may also be worthwhile considering linkage between the two, as a board decision can often result in a task assignment.
Gene Ferris commented
We have a BOD member that has the task manager function in his Boston Condo.. That website is hosted by their management company.. He feels that it would be nice if you added the MS Task Management function to your package.
Pat Cannon commented
The ability to assign tasks to board members and volunteer groups with due dates & email reminders. This seems to me to be very basic function of membership management software. We tried the forums module but board members found it to complex. A task list, similar to Outlooks Task list, would be a great feature.
Chuck Swedrock commented
Could be an extension of the Forums module, an administrative defined task with specified, modifiable email list for involved parties. Time stamped comments would relay status reports to the group. The creator could have administrative responsibility modifying or closing task. Email participants could have read-only or update access for adding comments.
Evgeny Zaritovskiy commented
Our current actual progress and plans are available here - http://forums.wildapricot.com/forums/308932-wishlist/suggestions/8827717-roadmap-2015-plans-releases-expected-dates
Michele Tarsitano-Amato commented
So, it is another year later.... Is this still on the TO DO list of WA? I also agree this would be a great addition. Almost like a BOARD section to wild appricot... Glassboard or what ever that program is, is one that comes to mind. The problem I have is getting my BOD to actually log in and do....
Dmitry Buterin commented
Larry - thank you very much for these details, this is great for our product design analysis.
Larry Killer commented
I am hoping to bump this up since it has been a few years since there was discussion on this topic (at least in this thread).
* Create tasks for admin and members that appear on a task list or calendar within our site.
* Have reminder emails sent to people associated with the specific task
* Be able to keyword tasks so that they appear only on calendars/task lists using the same keywords (like what can already be done with events).
* Allow any administrator to create/modify items on the task list/calendar.Potential Workflow:
* A due date for reports has been established. An administrator goes into a calendar/task list widget to input the information (as currently done for events)
* The task information is completed (what the task is, due date, comments about the task, keywording, set reminder emails, assign a group to this task (if applicable).
* reminder emails sent on established dates.
* task closed at due date.What I envision works much like the existing Events input panel. The difference is that currently for events a location is mandatory. While we could just put something in this field to satisfy the requirements it would be nice to not have to do that. Also, associating the task/event with a group would help assure that the correct group of people receive the task reminders as well as help track their progress.Having a separate task list would also help keep the events list from getting cluttered up. We have many recurring tasks where various reports are due by many different people. Keeping them separate from the events would make it much easier to manage.Thank you for your time and consideration.
Have the capability to add reminders that are sent to administrators. For example add a 'reminder' that would send a notification to ' call John Smith on the 30th about the award he is receiving ' . And then login to my Wild Apricot dashboard and mark this task as completed/todo.
Thanks Ron. Looking forward to hearing what others think about this.
Ron Finegan commented
On the Dashboard there is some white space on the bottom right hand site.
As a suggestion it would be nice to have a ToDo or notes section here where administrators could leave messages for each other or themselves.
For example the for page updates or if additional tabs are required in the members section, a to do note could be left for the top level administrator to add the field.
we currently email each other as to the tasks that need done, which works fine although if we could leave a note about the task on the page, then at login we have all the info we need without having to go through our emails looking for the 5 different emails that were sent with jobs to do and checking whether it was done be someone else.
This way as jobs are completed they are removed or ticked completed by the person that preformed the task
I do not think is needs to be fancy, just a notes section like in the "Internal Use" section of the contact details.
Well, the very basic building block is the list of things with due dates, dollar costs, person responsible, and ability to show when done. Next would be ability to mark recurring items and have them populate themselves out.
All of the things I listed are then built from there and existing components of WA I think.
I really would like to see WA add more ability to tie the budget/expense tracking into this system over time. It would be great to be able to have our consolidated accounting info in one place. That part really goes beyond this request, but this is a start.
Thanks for your input. It's great to see people excited about this issue.
However, it is a pretty big system, and we want to make sure we are able to produce things that are useful. Which aspects of this would be the best first steps for this (the most essential one that you can't imagine this without) .
We have been looking for a widget to do the task list - would be spectacular if WA added this functionality!
Would be a great feature to have! Especially to remember when the annual corporate report is due. Or when the annual WA payment is due. Also helps to be able to look at the list and see known upcoming expenses associated with these events.
Thinking about it just as I read your message . . .
1) Recurring Tasks List -
Don't just want to put to-do items out here. Want recurring events that have to be remembered and dealt with - especially as volunteers change in virtual orgs! However, a parent/child level might be helpful, to not various aspects that have to be checked off separately, like completing paperwork and paying the bill. And a field for associated cost.
2) Assigned Responsiblity -
Primary person responsible and backup people that should be notified if not done by a certain deadline.
3) Deadlines and Alerts -
Define the Due Date and a series of alert dates. First alert to primary responsiblity only. 2nd alert to primary and backups. 3rd alert - GET THIS DONE NOW! Due Date TODAY. Past Due Alerts that come every x days till task signed off.
4) Ability to check off done items and leave comments if required. Ability to go back and look at past comments on related events.
5) Ability to look at list of these things (completed or open) for a given time frame - and associated dollars - for budgeting.
6) Ability to put in an item and not assign responsible parties, so that dollar committments can be tracked without alerts being generated - like advertising committments, etc that someone just needs to know how long/how often the associated bills should be expected.