Wishlist

Have a great idea for how to make Wild Apricot better? Post or vote below!
See what we’re developing now, what’s been scheduled and what was recently released.
And have a look at our Product Roadmap.

I wish Wild Apricot would ...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow admin to define multiple sender emails and use them across the system

We've had a number of similar ideas - allow administrators to setup multiple "from" emails addresses (sender email) and use them in various scenarios like email blasts, event reminders, membership emails, etc. Currently all emails are sent from single FROM email, defined at Settings > Your Account > Organization Details > Email Settings

I merged all posts together so we can address them together properly. Quotes from some of original posts and comments:

"To avoid all site-related emails coming from a common sender, and risking email fatigue for our members, it would be terrific if one-off and system emails had…

28 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

33 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Recurring events, scenario 2: separate registrations for each occurrence (e.g. monthly board meetings)

Original recurring events request was to complex for us to resolve in a single release, so we decided to focus it on a simple scenario where event can have multiple sessions, but event registration is one and for all - like courses. See http://forums.wildapricot.com/forums/308932-wishlist/suggestions/8825581-recurring-events-scenario-1-event-with-multiple for more details on this one.

Another important scenario is when event is actually a recurring series of events, but each occurrence of an event may have a separate registration and updated description of event. Example - monthly board meetings. Event is created in the beginning of year with a monthly recurring schedule, but each occurrence…

7 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Add additional post-renewal notifications

Because our members don't have access to funds until the renewal date, the pre-reminder emails are not especially useful. However, we would benefit greatly from having additional post-renewal date reminders. We need least two more post-renewal date reminders for a total of four.

2 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Renewal workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • 1 vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Allow for saving draft versions of blog post

I don't see a way to save a draft version of a blog post that I might be working on. As a result one need to make the post live even though you might need to make several revisions over a period of time to get it just right and truly ready for posting.

2 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Blogs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • option to "not renew"

This might seem obvious, but is there a way for a member to choose to *not* renew their membership, archive themselves and thus stop the renewal reminder emails?

Each year about a third of our organization ages out but we don't know in advance who they are so we can't proactively archive them on the admin side. They get annoyed when the first renewal reminder emails start showing up, and their first reaction is to bombard the membership chairperson with requests to be removed from the email list. It's a pain.

It this isn't possible, do you have a suggested…

5 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

collecting comments  ·  1 comment  ·  Renewal workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Special Interest Groups

We are a sports oriented club. Within the club there are groups with certain interests. For instance, one group is interested in skiing, and other is interested in kayaking. Individuals may be interested in one, the other or both.

I want a way to let the members segment themselves according to their special interests. Then we might assign leaders to each special interest who can then email (blast) just those interested in that topic. As the leader of, say, the kayak group I can avoid blasting those who do not kayak.

A bonus might be to allow members to opt-in…

2 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • continue generating new invoices even if member has not paid previous invoice

Presently we have WA setup to generate invoices on a quarterly basis. However, if a member is overdue in paying their invoice then their status changes, they are no longer considered active, and they no longer get invoiced at the next due date. In our business model we choose to continue to offer them services as we know they eventually will pay. When they then eventually pay the overdue invoice we presently need to manually generate invoices for billing periods that the system did not create invoices for. This can be a big headache. The solution would be an option…

1 vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • 1 vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Recurring events, scenario 1: event with multiple sessions but single registration (e.g. course)

Current behavior:
                      Events can not recur automatically, each instance has to be created manually.

Desired behavior:
                      Ability to setup automatically recurring events, for example monthly board meetings

Notes:
                      1) We need to figure out what kind of recurrence is required, for example:
                      - every XX weeks on a certain day
                      - monthly on certain date
                      - monthly on a certain weekday (e.g. 2nd Tuesday of each month)
                      2) probably should be able to set max number of recurrence
                      3) Initially we will not address the ability to register and pay for several events in the series.

UPDATED: This post is…

83 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

132 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Scheduled for 5.6

Please review our analysis and design:
                        https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1g5aSw3lYej9PbRsPp9JURdvl9YgFdYVn4LD_L6UBZkc/pub?start=false&loop=false&delayms=15000

In this version we’re developing a specific scenario only: you can create an event with multiple dates/times but with a single registration, like a course with classes every week or similar. It displayed multiple times in calendar, but event details are the same.

Another scenario, when each recurring event occurrence can have a separate registration and description is not covered in this version – to be designed and developed in some of future versions. See http://forums.wildapricot.com/forums/308932-wishlist/suggestions/9056287-recurring-events-scenario-2-separate-registratio for details and votes

• Online store

Can you sell things on the website? Like caps and mugs and other logo items.
                        Which website is a good example of such a thing?

85 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

105 comments  ·  Online payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Generating membership cards and certificates

Current behavior:
                          Membership certificates/cards can be produced by running a search, exporting records and using something like MS Word mail merge

Desired behavior:
                          Ability to directly setup in the system layout and fields for membership certificates/cards and then to print them using common label formats.

Notes:

Details about specific desired formats/layouts/label sizes would be appreciated.

65 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

collecting comments  ·  89 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Members to be able to submit events

I would like to suggest a feature that allows members to submit events to the calendar for approval by an admin.

57 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

91 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Many thanks to everyone who voted and commented on this suggestion.

Here is our current design: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1bysAcJFAs9-lVEbNBSyqhT-QSDt6TvTDPz8k2nvaJ3I/pub?start=true&loop=false&delayms=15000

Key Change:
                              We’ve extended the ‘Event calendar’ gadget settings by adding a new option ‘Members-driven events’ – allows members to submit their events from the calendar page by using a simple form.

We’ve also included a few features to help you organize and restrict these events. These changes are:

1) Restrict the submitting events option to specific members
                              2) Automatically assign tags to these events so you have easily include/exclude them from various calendars
                              3) Options to send a confirmation email to the submitter and or administrator
                              4) Separate filter in Event list for administrator to show Members events
                              5) Members that submit events can access a list of the events they’ve submitted to view, edit and delete them

Excluded from the very first release:

1) No options to submit events with advanced…

• Allow me to sort a members event registrations by event name or type when in "admin view"

When a member has multiple events in their accounts, as the admin I cannot sort the list of event registrations in any way. Should be able to perform a simple sort by function (either date registered, event name or event type should do).

1 vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Allow admin to create 1 invoice for multiple event registrations in a member's account

Our members register for multiple kids to take multiple programs for multiple weeks.
                                They fill out forms and we manually enter each registration (sometimes one family will make 24+ program registrations at one time 2 kids x 2 programs a week x 6 weeks of summer programs).
                                The administrator needs to enter all 24 registrations, create a separate invoice for each and close each invoice to the appropriate payment tender - a massive time consuming effort. If we could, as administrators, register the member for all programs then create 1 invoice and pay the 1 invoice under the appropriate tender…

1 vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Job Ads /Classifieds module

Current behavior:
                                  N/A

Desired behavior:
                                  Self-service job ads module:
                                  - administrator can add this module (like other functional pages)
                                  - users can subscribe to job ads notifications
                                  - administrator can customize fields for job ads and define pricing and duration schedule
                                  - users can submit new job ads and pay online
                                  - Once submitted and paid, job ad will be displayed online and email notification will go out to subscribed users
                                  - Ideally, submitter should be able to edit or deactivate his job ad
                                  - After the defined duration, job ad will be removed from public access into archive and…

61 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

collecting comments  ·  68 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Ability to submit forum posts by email - to use forums as a listserv

Current behavior:
                                    Discussions and collaborations between members can currently only be handled online (within forum or blog pages)

Desired behavior:
                                    Listserv functionality where members can mail-in comments and receive email summaries of all comments

Notes:
                                    1) The biggest challenge is how to enable this without overloading our servers with email traffic. This can ramp up quickly.
                                    2) We are starting the work on forum email notifications, this handles this need at least partially.

49 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

72 comments  ·  Forums  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Blog Enhancements

Blogs can be a versatile tool for posting news and announcements. A number of features have been suggested to enhance this but they are scattered around the Wishlist. Perhaps they should be consolidated?

1. The one I would like is the ability for the Recent Blog Posts gadget to include the full blog post for the first few. So in addition to the "Show last 5 posts" setting there would be "Show full text of last 2 posts." This would show the last 2 posts in full, and the next 3 in summary. That way we could present substantial information…

1 vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Blogs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Allow secondary/alternate emails for members

Hi,

We allow our member businesses to have 2 contacts. We'd like both contacts to receive member emails. Currently, this is not possible because I cannot add any additional email fields.

I would really like to be able to add additional email fields to a member, and have those fields included in any blasts.

Thanks,

Martyn

61 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

49 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Scheduled E-mail Blasts

Our association's administrator works on an as-needed basis. She'd love if a time/date stamp option could be added to an e-mail blast so she could compose blasts in advance and have them transmitted at the specified time and date.

62 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 45 46
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Membership Software - Wild Apricot Contact us:

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7