Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Copy membership levels or copy settings to other levels

Hi,

As an admin, I would appreciate to be able to duplicate existing membership levels instead of starting from scratch. This will ease the work for example if you have 3 levels (child, adult, senior) which share absolutely all the same parameters except for the price.

PS: I apoligize if this is already open, I just couldn't find it. I also apologize if this is possible, but I haven't yet found how.

14 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

LosbergerLosberger shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Becca DavisBecca Davis shared a merged idea: Replicate Levels  ·   · 

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Becca DavisBecca Davis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to be able to copy a membership level and just make minor changes. We have 5 types of members with 4 subcategories - meaning that I have to create 20 levels in your system and enter all the renewal policy info (and make sure it's the same) 20 times!

• Walt BilofskyWalt Bilofsky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or for those who don't have your admin password: http://forums.wildapricot.com/forums/308932-wishlist/suggestions/8826730-customize-all-emails-sent-from-wa-using-centralize :)

For emails, that's fine. But there are so many other settings for a membership level, and it's a problem not only when they are created but when changes are made.

We have 8 levels. (Some sites have more.) I set them all up and have turned them over to my Membership Committee to decide what the settings should be. So they will have to make all those changes 8 times.

What about the broader problem of making a change to some or all existing membership levels? For example, if we wanted to change the wording of a renewal email, or a reminder date, now we have to edit each level individually.

Suppose we could designate some or all settings on an existing membership level, and then copy those settings to some or all other membership levels. That would solve this broader problem. It could also be used to populate settings for new levels.

+1 for Copy button!

I am just setting up our site. We have five membership levels; the only difference is the dues amount. Very tedious to copy every detail four times and try to be sure it is all correct. This should be done by WA, not the admin.

• groovamaticgroovamatic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We also have this need. Custom emails are one factor, including which are selected and when they go out. But also membership field use - tedious to recreate for similar levels.

Thanks.

• ccrboardccrboard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As an admin, I would appreciate to be able to duplicate existing membership levels instead of starting from scratch. This will ease the work for example if you have 13 levels which share absolutely all the same parameters except for the price.

Same here! Is there a way for a wildapricot tech to do this for me (I'll pay!) ??

I hate to go through this 13 times, there is a lot of set up work.

• Dmitry ButerinDmitry Buterin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Regarding emails - our plan is to create a library of template emails and then different levels would be able to use the same template if desired.

What other configuration parameters would be different/same between levels? (We are trying to anlayze if copying levels is the best way to go)

• saberlightsaberlight commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh yes, I just finished created a few levels this way too and it's very time consuming to copy/paste each customized email and copy configurations exactly. I would appreciate this feature. Thanks.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7