Skip to content

Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

3362 results found

1. Ability to lock key fields to admin changes only

I'd like to request that the following fields have the ability to be locked and cannot be changed, except by an administrator:

First & Last Name
    Email Address
    Company Name

We are having a problem with people leaving their firms and either A) changing the company name and email to the new information (although the company is not in our industry and does not qualify for membership), B) changing the company name and email to the new information (although it was a firm membership and was "owned" by thier old company), C) the person who replaced them at their old…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

19 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Importing events

We have a fair number of events that are already in another database (for reasons I cannot avoid). It would be nice if these could be uploaded from a spreadsheet.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Gadget to show member activity

i would also like to pile onto this suggestion. A functional page or gadget within a page that would announce new albums or new album content would make this feature much more compelling IMO.

In fact a widget that generally announced membership directory events would be very useful, for example:

• John Doe has joined the organization

• Bob Smith has a new email address (assuming that he has made it public), new job, etc

• Karen Jones is now a life member

• Chris White has created a photo album named Spring Convention photos with 10 images

• Alex Black has added 5 photos…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Gadgets  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Discount coupons for recurring payments

I would like to see coupons that place a permanent discount on a recurring payment membership price.

To be clear, I am not asking for a coupon that will only affect the cost of a recurring payment for a limited time. For example, normal price is $5.00 recurring monthly, but with coupon code the cost will be $4.00 recurring monthly for the duration of the membership.

Coupon codes are a huge marketing tool and should be available also for a recurring payment only business like ours.

Thank You

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Customize text for unsubscribe options shown on member profile page

We'd like to be able to customize our unsubscribe messages. When a member unsubscribes to our mailings, we feel the options are a little confusing to our members. Being able to add a simple line or two about how these options relate to our specific club would be great.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add eMail Subscription Feature to Blog Pages

I like the forum subscription service. It woudl be great to be able to link this to blog -posts as well. In our organization, members post their own media releases and announcements on the site through the blog feautre. However, they only get distributed to the mailing list once a month or so. Being able to assure members their postings are distributed immediately would be a great addition to the value proposition.

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Blogs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Indicating in member directory which members have photo albums

Would be nice to have a way to put a link on the member's directory entry. Right now, the only way other members would know there was an album is to open each profile - and that's not going to happen with our members.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Highlight lapsed members in event registration admin screens

Although a lapsed member is unable to register for member-only events online (this is good), the Event Manager or Administrator when adding an attendee manually (one who mails in a registration form for example) does not get any notification when adding an attendee that their membership has in fact lapsed, and they are not eligible for the event (this is bad!).

I had hoped to save all my Event Managers any extra work by telling them that when they entered the email address of the attendee, the system would not find them if they were not a current member. That…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Hide registration amount on Event registration webpage

We have different discounted registration levels that are confidential. We would like to hide the $ amount on the event detail webpage. Can this be done... Thxs

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow multiple online payment gateways in one WA account

(Re-posted and edited from post below)

We have 2 organizations, one that manages the membership and the other our tax-deductible contributions. As such we have 2 different bank accounts and therefore need 2 different payment gateways. We're signed up with authorize.net, however there's only one global setting in WA for online payments. If it were possible to choose a payment method, for instance one for membership and another for donations, that solve the problem of having to set up 2 WA accounts.

For now I've set up 2 accounts and am working with the widgets. This is a good work-around,…

111 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Color-format events based on event tags

I'd like to be able to have just one calendar, with different event tags displayed differently, like in a different color or style or size. Currently I'm using two different calendars, which is a bit awkward. What do you think?

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Multiple, separately customizable donation forms or Donation campaigns

My organization runs different campaigns a year targeted towards different groups. We need several versions of the donation form, however WA allows for only one. Plus, some of our campaigns are sponsorships, not donations, while others are underwriting opportunities. We also need the ability for our members and friends to sign up for more than one level of sponsorship at once.

Some of the donation forms would be used on the public site, while another is just for members.

Is this a possibility for future releases? So far I have my organization sold on WA, except for this little snag.

85 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow non-members to create blog posts and new discussion forum threads

We have a need to have non-members be able to have full access to blogs and discussion boards, post new topics, etc. At a minimum, we woul like event attendees to be able to even if they aren't members.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Blogs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Tracking message sent to registered members from visitors

"Send Message" feature is great feature that we requested for about a year and we eventually got it this August. Thanks very much for that!

Now we are looking for an additional feature to that:

We really want to track how many visitors ahve sent message to our registered members - we want to track the lead that our website generated to our members - a number to attract more new members for sure.

When visitors send message to the member, we would like to receive a copy of the message - it's that simple.

We think most of WA…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Installments / Payment plans for events and memberships

Could Wild Apricot users offer their members an introductory trial rate for, say 30 or 7 days, followed by, say quarterly or six-monthly payments to spread the cost over the year?

That is very helpful during a recession, when many WA website users will find revenue dropping as their members cut back. To be able to spread payments looks very attractive to new prospective members: four quarterly payments of $10 is much easier on the budget than one payment of $40.

The introductory trial could be free, or at a pro-rata cost for 30 or 7 days. During the trial…

239 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

176 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Purchase of concurrent subscriptions e.g. have members on multiple levels

Create an option to allow a member to maintain two or more concurrent subscriptions for a paticular site. This is useful if you running a site and selling a subscriptions for information.

An exmaple of this is that I run a site that sells repair information. A customer signs up and then can choose to signup for Automotive Repair for $50 or Airplane Repair for $100 or both for $150. We need to keep the infromation and forums seperate and only limited to the actual subscribers.

My understanding that we can only have levels of a paticular membership, not concurrent…

112 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

52 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

For me personally, this a great suggestion and I’ve been thinking about it for long time myself. Ideally, I’d really like completely redesign our membership levels to concurrent subscriptions model. Subscription gives you access to some information or provide privileges. There can be multiple ways of buying it – e.g. for a year or two, recurring or not, etc. Altogether, subscription-based model is very robust and easy to understand. Please, vote!

17. Ability to use date range for date-type fields

The database column "Renewal Date last Changed" is essential when we need to send out membership cards and other new member items.

I produce member cards twice a month - once for the first half and then for the last half of the month. Any time on or after the 16th of the month I extract all those with a renewal date of the 1st thru the 15th and then after the first I extract all those with a renewal dated of the 16th thru the 31st.

Given the current tools, this is a tricky selection that requires two criteria…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Show event time on Calendar RSS feed

On the RSS feed for calendar events, the event title shows the date of the event but not the time as in:

It would be really helpful to show the time too such as:

or even

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Advanced options for event registration types pricing

We are finding the we would like to have sub-registration items available under main registration types. Hopefully, other will see a need for this. Here is what we are looking for.

For instance, we set up an event and want to offer a exhibitor only pass as a registration type, however, we want to charge a daily rate for this pass. So similar to how the registration form "multiple choice with extra cost" function works, we would like the registration type to work the same way as follows:
    Exhibits Only Registration (no price listed)

The user would select one or…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Display members as a tag cloud using custom fields as tags

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but several of my members would like to have their membership searchable based off of certain meta tags that they can define. I would love to see a criteria in the membership profile for member imputed meta tags.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Gadgets  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base