Wishlist

Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow non-members to create blog posts and new discussion forum threads

We have a need to have non-members be able to have full access to blogs and discussion boards, post new topics, etc. At a minimum, we woul like event attendees to be able to even if they aren't members.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Blogs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Logout button for widget mode

My site is http://cityfitlist.com/.

I currently use the widget feature for members/profiles.But how do I add a log out without making the member go to their profile,scrolling down to find it?

Also,I want to add a retricted access page for a certain level of members using the "widget box" but don't want the links from the wildapricot site to pop up too.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Widgets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Online payment discount for event registrations

Current behavior:
    For event registrations, whether people choose online or manual payment, this does not affect the price.

Desired behavior:
    Becauseof possible no-shows, it is desirable to be able to motivate people topre-pay online instead of manually or at the door. Thus, administratorshould be able to specify a discount applicable for onlineregistrations (probably a dollar amount)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Auto Generate Event Reports?

My board members like to see a weekly list of registrations for all events, as well as reports frequently to see how many people have signed up for events. Is there a setting to create an auto generated report to go to the event creator so this doesn't have to be done manually?

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Forums  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Support for South African payment gateways (PayAll, SagePay, PayFast, PayU etc.)

Hi there,

We would appreciate it if you could support a South African payment gateway natively. While 2checkout allows credit card payments in ZAR, it does not allow for Electronic Fund Transfer payments, which all the local payment gateways do. For recurring payments, some of the local gateways also allow for debit orders, which we also need.

At the moment, we are planning to integrate into PayAll (which has discounts for NGOs) using the WA API - but this is a bit of a hack and it would be useful to have WA support one or more local payment gateways…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Online payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Keep sidebar for website pages closed when I close it

I rarely use any of the items listed, and would prefer the sidebar stayed closed unless I open it. Is there any possibility of normally keeping it closed?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Member-focused SEO - i.e. how many views/visits on a member's profile page, search terms used to find member

I thought it would be good to have a "Member-focused SEO" category here, because there are several SEO-related features (not 301 redirects) that my client's members have requested.

Since switching to WA 4 months ago, there has been some attrition of members because more and more, people are seeking better SEO placement through membership organization websites. Their biggest motivation in joining is for the public to be able to find them.

Specifically requested features:

--Customized URL's for publicly viewable member profile pages (so we can include member or practice names in the URL)

--SEO index (.xml) *including member pages* and…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Calendar

I need a way to prioritze events so that they appear in the order i wish, not the order you wish.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Round up to nearest whole number for prorated fees

is there anything in the works for rounding up prorated membership fees? We would really appreciate it, as we have several members paying in cash, and our currence (Swiss Franc) doesn't use "cents" anymore.

thanks much.

Int'l Women's Club of Lucerne

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Have Address field type - e.g. to auto fill city based on ZIP or to validate address

Is it possible to have someone put information in one field of their contact record and then have that information automatically fill in another field?

For example, on our website we are asking for City and ZIP code. Considering how poorly some folks spell the name of their location, I have a drop-down listing of all the cities/towns in WA state. I also have the ZIP code that is assigned to that city. I'd like people to enter only their ZIP code and then have the website automatically enter the name of the city based upon that ZIP code.

I…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I believe the best way to address this is to have Address as a special type of field which gives a set of fields to fill in. Admin then can have many addresses (like Home, Work, etc.) for contacts and the system will know how to handle this kind of field – including convenient data entry with converting ZIP into City, etc.
    I renamed the idea to have Address in title

11. inverse availability of event registrations (all members except some levels)

Is there a way to make registration types available to Everyone EXCEPT members or those other membership levels that have been defined?

I want to have some choices available to the general public that the Members who log in would not have to view,

Thanks for your help,

Walt

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Filters

I would like to be able to have custom filters for all Filter check boxes. For example, I would like to see only this year's donations, or members who joined last year, etc.

Ideally the filters would all use the same SQL logic/fields, and be available for all or just selected lists (e.g., [Last Name begins with 'G'] would be available for all filters, while [Donation greater than $1,000] would only apply to the Donations section).

I also imagine a grid maintenance view, where all custom filters are listed from top to bottom and the various sections are columns from…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Member registration incomplete email

working on migrating client site to wa, and while testing their current site - I started an application but did not complete it. nice little feature to add or consider for wa. incomplete application gets an email notification when idle for over "x" time or when session expires?

Dear member,

We noticed that you started but did not complete your sign-up for the "XXX XXXXX" membership. If this was unintentional, please click below to try again.

Click here to try again

If you have additional questions before completing your membership feel free to reply to this email with your questions.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Events - my members own widget(s) for their own website

WISH LIST: with EVENTS I would like a solution to make it possible to place a "widget" of a single member's events on their own website. In other words, if we have say 500 members in total as an example, specific members could have this widget to display events on their website of ONLY their own events they have entered on our website (or by tags if they want to include other member events as well, but first things first).

This could be a serious win win situation as it would help Wild Apricot clients (all of us) with a…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Tracking message sent to registered members from visitors

"Send Message" feature is great feature that we requested for about a year and we eventually got it this August. Thanks very much for that!

Now we are looking for an additional feature to that:

We really want to track how many visitors ahve sent message to our registered members - we want to track the lead that our website generated to our members - a number to attract more new members for sure.

When visitors send message to the member, we would like to receive a copy of the message - it's that simple.

We think most of WA…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Display members as a tag cloud using custom fields as tags

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but several of my members would like to have their membership searchable based off of certain meta tags that they can define. I would love to see a criteria in the membership profile for member imputed meta tags.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Gadgets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Improve Terminology for "Remember Me"

In the login gadget, "Remember me" confused my membership committee when I gave them an orientation today. They conflated it with the browser message "Remember my password?"

People are more accustomed to "Keep me logged in" (Facebook),"Stay signed in" (eBay), or "Keep me signed in" (Yahoo).

Could you please use one of these more accurate terms instead?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Gadgets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add Recent Renewals to Member List Summary

I use the Member List Summary page all the time to keep an eye on current membership numbers, but I would love to see an added column that shows how many members have renewed in the last 7 or 30 days (in addition to the "New In Last" columns).

Because we have a large number of lapsed members in our database, the "New in Last" columns are not always helpful to me on their own, either in terms of giving an accurate idea of recent membership activity, or in easily finding a lapsed member who has recently renewed. An additional…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Functionality for attendees to review and rank events

I find myself wanting to gather (monitored) reviews from attendees of events my organization has. I've considered using forum, but so far not getting excited about that. Would like ranking stars or symbols.

anyone have some ideas?

Loving Wild Apricot!

Cathy

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. would like Renewal date to move forward to payment date

As currently configured, a member who renews during the grace period retains the same renewal date, incremented by the membership period (1 year in our case). But if they are lapsed, the renewal date bumps forward to the payment date + 1 year.

We would like to have all overdue and lapsed renewals bump forward to the date they pay. This is an issue for us because we are generous with giving people a fairly long grace period (60 days). It seems unfair that someone who renews 59 days late still has the same renewal date the next year, but…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Wishlist

Feedback and Knowledge Base