Skip to content

Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

385 results found

1. Membership renewal when registering for an event

Hi, we're just into our second year with wild apricot and our members are starting to renew their memberships and register for this season's events. We ran the memberships yearly expiring on Aug 31 2015, so all are expired now. Most people took the hint to renew their membership when registering for an event in 2016, but somehow some paid for just the new events but didn't renew their membership. I have the setting somewhere (can't find it now) that they can register for multiple events and then pay at the end. Is there a setting somewhere I'm missing to…

248 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

48 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Provide reporting on member logins

I'd like to have the ability to get more data on recent logins. Currently, the dashboard displays "most active members" but I think a "recently active members" feature is equally if not more useful. I'd also like to be able to see more than just the top 5 results for these categories.

I think this would be beneficial for monitoring campaigns or promotions. Right now we are trying to get members to use the features of our new site or just log in at all, so if we put together a promotional email, for instance, "The top 5 things you…

244 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Family/child memberships

We are providing a web site for our cub parents and scouts and scout parents and we find we have say 2 parents and their 2 children as 4 members, but the parents and children share a family address, the younger children do not have their own address nor do mothers or fathers want the children to have gmail addresses or things like that, so allowing multiple members with one email address would be an improvement for us. A username and password of their choosing preferable to one WA generate.

The situation also arrises where parents would like email to…

206 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

70 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Printing Membership cards in bulk

Membership cards are great and I like that members can print their own. I would like to see a feature where the administrator can print all member cards in bulk to card stock like Avery so we can laminate the cards for appearance.

149 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Provide a way to change membership level during renewal

Current Behaviour

During membership renewal a member may have more than one membership level available. Choosing among them is cumbersome. The member clicks one button to renew at his current level or clicks another button to choose a different level.

Also, changing the membership level doesn’t act like a renewal as regards calculation of the Renewal Due date. Desired Behaviour

Use one button for both functions. If multiple membership levels are available, show “Renew and choose membership level” on the “Renew until …” button. This would give the member a choice that looks like that on the membership application form.

143 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

73 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have started analysis for this issue, and it seems that key problem is how Wild Apricot handles level changes close to renewal date. The system is currently designed to collect the full new level amount and set renewal date according to new level renewal policy. All prepaid amounts for old levels are disposed. Moreover, since no prorating occurs, the new level might be effective only for a few days.

As a first step, we suggest to redesign how level change is working and add prorating there:

- Level would be changed immediately, as now - Remaining portion of old membership level payment will be applied to new level - For new levels with specific renewal date (e.g. annual levels with renewals Jan 1st) apply the pro-rating settings for new applications: - Allow member to pay only a pro-rated amount of the new level fee (e.g. six months before renewal…
  6. Change setup of recurring payment for membership levels - Allow member to choose if he wants to pay recurring or not

For membership fees, recurrent credit card billing (ie., auto-renewal) doesn't work the way it does in every other subscription management system. Instead of having two payment options on the membership form (or in my case, since I have five membership levels, TEN payment options), the member should select a level and then be provided an option at the next step (like the manual payment versus online election) that allows the person to select recurrent auto billing. The way you have it set up, its basically unusable (IMHO)

123 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

68 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Name Badges

Now that you have membership cards (3.5" x 2"). Is it possible to add the ability to make Name Badges (4" x 3") for Avery #5260 labels? Or some other label directly from WildApricot.

122 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Purchase of concurrent subscriptions e.g. have members on multiple levels

Create an option to allow a member to maintain two or more concurrent subscriptions for a paticular site. This is useful if you running a site and selling a subscriptions for information.

An exmaple of this is that I run a site that sells repair information. A customer signs up and then can choose to signup for Automotive Repair for $50 or Airplane Repair for $100 or both for $150. We need to keep the infromation and forums seperate and only limited to the actual subscribers.

My understanding that we can only have levels of a paticular membership, not concurrent…

112 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

52 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

For me personally, this a great suggestion and I’ve been thinking about it for long time myself. Ideally, I’d really like completely redesign our membership levels to concurrent subscriptions model. Subscription gives you access to some information or provide privileges. There can be multiple ways of buying it – e.g. for a year or two, recurring or not, etc. Altogether, subscription-based model is very robust and easy to understand. Please, vote!

9. Free trial period for membership

I would like to offer a free trial access period for all payment levels. Rather like Wild Apricot does, but not necessarily for 30 days. Paypal offer this delayed action payment and it works very well. You can choose how long the free trial period is, and then the payment automatically kicks in.

Asking people for money upfront puts a lot of people off.

111 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Merged multiple thread into this one. Please, vote (click Vote button) to increase its priority

10. option to "not renew"

This might seem obvious, but is there a way for a member to choose to not renew their membership, archive themselves and thus stop the renewal reminder emails?

Each year about a third of our organization ages out but we don't know in advance who they are so we can't proactively archive them on the admin side. They get annoyed when the first renewal reminder emails start showing up, and their first reaction is to bombard the membership chairperson with requests to be removed from the email list. It's a pain.

It this isn't possible, do you have a suggested…

107 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Late Fees on Renewals

Currently:
    Memberships that renew have a renewal date associated with them. If the member has not initiated the renewal after the date, automatic actions can take place, such as changing the membership status, etc. Actions can progress over days: for example at 7 days the membership might change status to Pending Renewal, and at 14 days be archived.

Proprosed:
    Along with these changes, a "overdue fee" could be added as an extra cost fee. Depending on how much time has passed since the registration date, the admin could choose to apply this charge as a flat amount. For example, if…

102 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. keep original expiration date when changing membership levels

When changing from one membership level to another, the renewal date changes. It shouldn't change just because the level changes.

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Member to member messages

Current behavior:
    Currently one member can contact another only outside of the system - and only if that member has disclosed his contact information (email/phone)

Desired behavior:
    Members should be able to contact other members right on the site, without having to expose email addresses

Notes:
    Messages can be forwarded to member emails - or displayed to each member when logged in.

83 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Support both Organizations & Individual contacts

Hi WA - I'm new to the product/community and was just reviewing the long thread on bundles (http://forums.wildapricot.com/forums/308932-wishlist/suggestions/8825677-revising-bundle-membership-functionality?page=1&per_page=20) since we need this feature.

It looks to me like refactoring to give organization its own entity in the system would setup the platform better for addressing the issues raised.

Are there long term plans to do something like this?

• An "Organizations" tab/capability just like "Contacts".
    • People could belong to one or more organizations.
    • Organizations would have their own notes / history etc separate from the people within it.
    • People (contacts) could have different Roles within an organization (member admin;…
    81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Printable and Downloadable Custom Reports e.g. Member Directory

Please make the custom report layout feature printable. This would work well for printable directories, group information, etc.

Our group is trying to make a directory in a PDF format that is searchable and may be printed by those who prefer print.

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Zip code or address radius search for member directory

I am currently evaluating Wild Apricot for use with a specific database and I would like to be able for public visitors to use the Advanced search to look for:

Members "within" "x" miles of "zip code" or "address"

This feature would allow visitors to find people near their location and not just in a specific zip code. It's better to put in the address and find closest locations because it's more specific than the zip code. I think this feature would greatly enhance the ability for people to use this software for other databases. Like for me, I do…

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Simplified Membership Fields for Adding Members to Bundles

I would very much like the ability to have a custom field be required for Bundle Admins only (or the single person membership when not part of a bundle). We are a swim club and we need to capture data relevant only to the family (or the individual when not part of a family).

It is awkward for our members when the bundle members each have to fill out a field that applies only to the family unit, and even worse when the bundle admin, during the process of entering or updating their family's data, has to fill out a…

72 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. QR / Barcodes on the Membership Card

I've just had a look at the membership cards facility. Great development. But I currently print membership badges with the UserID formatted as a barcode (code39). Members are scanned in to meetings with a barcode zapper (the number goes straight into a spreadsheet). Saves the queue at the door.
    So I need the card editor to allow a barcode font - what's the chance?

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Dmitry Smirnov responded

How are you going to use QR codes on membership cards? Do you expect some additional functionality in WA, which will be able to read and process these codes?

19. Customization of Member profile page

What do you think of moving the placeholder (or give us the option to do this) for the personal photo and/or company logo fields to the upper right hand corner of the member profile display page. Look like the page has a nice blank space there (see attached) that would be perfect home for these images. That way, you have the name and photo at the top of the member profile.

While on that subject, do we have the ability to modify the font size for the member display list?

Overall. you program is outstanding. I am very impressed with…

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Dramatically simplify membership renewal process for members

This is a request to improve the process for members to renew memberships. Non-Profit organizations depend on memberships and membership renewals for continued funding and advocacy. As a result it’s necessary to repeatedly lobby members to renew, so it’s critical for membership renewals to be a convenient one click process to get to the Pay-Pal screen. Sending members to the home page and requiring a login and password in order to renew membership is inconvenient and cumbersome. We have two requests for improving the process:

1. A direct link to the “membership renewal page”, bypassing the password requirement (the way the…
    66 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 19 20
  • Don't see your idea?