Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

QR / Barcodes on the Membership Card

I've just had a look at the membership cards facility. Great development. But I currently print membership badges with the UserID formatted as a barcode (code39). Members are scanned in to meetings with a barcode zapper (the number goes straight into a spreadsheet). Saves the queue at the door.
So I need the card editor to allow a barcode font - what's the chance?

34 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AndrewW shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • KATHY SAIMININKAS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if you had a bar coded/app member card so that we could collect data on our member's habits. We are a social club with a pub. It would be helpful to know how uses the facility and when so we and judge how successful our free events are so that we could improve member services. We have some older members for whom an app only option is not feasible, so we would still need a hard copy card. Thanks!

• Bruce Brigham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our membership has the same need for our beach community to wand a bar-code/QRCode for the parking lot. thanks, I love the cards!

• Jesse Riddle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely agree, a QR Code or Code 39 Barcode would be extremely helpful at events where validating membership occurs.

• Barbara Belon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Andrew - I missed your comment, before entering one similar to yours. Yes, I'd love to see the ability to store a bar code in the records so that it can be printed on reports and the member IDs. This would enable us to scan the IDs not only at our events, but at other events that we support, and could keep track of which of our members are in attendance. Lots of uses! Regards, Barbara B.

• Barbara Belon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While I"m sure your development list is long, I'd appreciate it if you'd consider adding the creation of a bar code, able to be saved as a permanent item in the data record (probably after prompting for a short list of what is stored in the code, such as member name, member ID number, member status or renewal date), to be used in reports and on the member ID cards. Since I recently did a review of multiple AMS products, and none of them had this capability, it certainly would give Wild Apricot a feature of interest for those clients that hold conferences/meetings or any event where having scannable IDs would be a major benefit. Thanks for considering this.

Feedback and Knowledge Base