Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

QR / Barcodes on the Membership Card

I've just had a look at the membership cards facility. Great development. But I currently print membership badges with the UserID formatted as a barcode (code39). Members are scanned in to meetings with a barcode zapper (the number goes straight into a spreadsheet). Saves the queue at the door.
So I need the card editor to allow a barcode font - what's the chance?

9 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AndrewW shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Barbara Belon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Andrew - I missed your comment, before entering one similar to yours. Yes, I'd love to see the ability to store a bar code in the records so that it can be printed on reports and the member IDs. This would enable us to scan the IDs not only at our events, but at other events that we support, and could keep track of which of our members are in attendance. Lots of uses! Regards, Barbara B.

• AdminTeam Astra (Membership features, Wild Apricot) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Andrew, thanks for sharing. Glad that you liked it.

Right now, we are analyzing ability to include QR codes on the Membership card. I'm sure that these are very similar requests.
        Now I can not provide you with any specific release date. But we will definitely share updates.

Katya, Astra crew

Feedback and Knowledge Base