Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Customization of Member profile page

What do you think of moving the placeholder (or give us the option to do this) for the personal photo and/or company logo fields to the upper right hand corner of the member profile display page. Look like the page has a nice blank space there (see attached) that would be perfect home for these images. That way, you have the name and photo at the top of the member profile.

While on that subject, do we have the ability to modify the font size for the member display list?

Overall. you program is outstanding. I am very impressed with the functionality, ability to customize and the clean (elegant) design elements. Nice job!!!

36 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Steve SaenzSteve Saenz shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Kim ConboyKim Conboy shared a merged idea: Add different formatting layouts to membership profile pages  ·   · 
    eftguildeftguild shared a merged idea: Improve Member Profile Display  ·   · 
    anneanne shared a merged idea: More in-depth member profile options  ·   · 
    brotherken999brotherken999 shared a merged idea: Personal page for each member  ·   · 
    Richardson FOLRichardson FOL shared a merged idea: A personal page for each member  ·   · 
    eftguildeftguild shared a merged idea: Complete Overhaul of Member Public Profiles  ·   · 

30 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anji TaylorAnji Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has there been any options added for customizing the layout of the member profile page template? It looks like folks have been asking for this for well over a year... even just the basics, like being able to format First Name and Last Name on the same line would help.

• Kim ConboyKim Conboy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our membership profile pages include services offered at our member's locations. When you view the profile page it is in one long line down. It would be nice to have a few different layout options like you offer for the site pages. Have 1-4 columns to view the information instead of one long column.

• AKaimlessAKaimless commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't stress the need for this any more!!!. We need customizable profile pages or at least templates we can choose from. This is the biggest complaint I get from my clients.

• eftguildeftguild commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Improve the layout, photo display, customisation and SEO of member public profiles

• anneanne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Member pages where paid members can list their credentials, website, profile picture and their own upcoming events which would feed into a searchable group calendar.

• brotherken999brotherken999 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1) Have a personal page for each member, which allows a Paypal button.

2) Have a split-payment option between the Admin and a member.

• Richardson FOLRichardson FOL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see each member having their own page, on which, they can share information and blog. Give the opportunity to members to build bonds with each other and make the organization stronger. You're too focused on process and not enough on people.

• eftguildeftguild commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Improve customisation, display and SEO of member public profiles to direct traffic to member's pages and websites.

• RitseeniyahRitseeniyah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can there be a spot to upload a member photo and have it on their profile? Would this be something that can bee added?

• annshiannshi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, it would also be nice to have a more robust directory of members, not just on the profile page, but on the overview page. can we include logos in the directory listing? and maybe more like tiles, rather than a spreadsheet like listing of contact information?

• Nancy ScanlanNancy Scanlan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As I stated 2 years ago, this is also an area where we really need that functionality. Although this can be done by spending more money with an outside vendor (see the reply to my email above), it would be much better if this were part of your package.

• Gwyneth MossGwyneth Moss commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Apricots

Just to add my voice to all of those requesting more flexibility on the member profile page. One of the primary functions of our apricot site is to promote our members so that the public can find them. Though our overall site looks lovely the members profile pages are badly formatted and do not do a good job of selling our members. Bubbly Apricot has been a great help to me in making some tweaks. But overall this is where Wild Apricot falls down. Please make this a priority.

Gwyneth Moss

www.EFTguild.org

• Evgeny aka Apricot KernelAdminEvgeny aka Apricot Kernel (Product Manager, Wild Apricot) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate
      • KopernicusKopernicus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dmitry,

What is the status of this request? The current design of the profile page makes the application look like its 10 years old. At a minimum, please make the member profile image placeholder larger. I would say this is a very important part of the user experience. You might also create a feed for the profile page so people can post things easily. As you know, very few people use discussion forums. Again, ancient technology. Thank you.

• rjk555rjk555 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,

Allow me to be the first person in 2014 to request the ability to customize the member profile page. For example, I'd like a new member to input certain data like a personal summary or photograph of themselves at the end of a membership application. But have that same data appear at the top of their member profile.

Otherwise, this is a great product.

RJK

• Nancy ScanlanNancy Scanlan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, would like to be able to put information together in blocks. Also would like to mingle some contact info with some member info. For example, many of our contacts are not veterinarians. Most of our members are veterinarians. In our membership fields we include "veterinary degree" so that their name will be, for example, "Nancy Scanlan, DVM" or Nancy Scanlan, VMD" (the actual degree depends on where they graduated, so we can't just fill in "DVM" for every veterinarian). We had addresses as part of all contact info. So right now the profile says (for example):

Nancy
        Scanlan
        Address
        City
        CA
        530-555-5555
        DVM

Would like this to look this way:

Nancy Scanlan, DVM
        Address
        City, CA 96094

• forallweknowforallweknow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, would LOVE to be able to disable the green check marks. A little cheesy for my taste, and way too many of them on our member profiles pages.

Thanks!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7